What's new

New to MK9. Play lots of Injustice. Who to main?

Ermac is like GL ,but he has no armor. His only armor is on X-Ray. His damage is better too. Other than that Ermac is mid-tier. I wish he would've had armor ;_;

Smoke was fun for me and although SubZ gets hammered in MUs, I liked catching people out with ice clones and beams. Jax is probably the most similar to DD , but it is still different of course.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
I don't wanna be the scrub who plays the easy characters though. I don't wanna be the Batman of MK9. Lol. I realize that I can play the story and get use to the mechanics and then choose. I've actually gotten pretty good at Injustice so I have faith that I don't have to play the easy characters. I know they're not the same, but they're similar enough yo have some skill transfer over.
lmao dude how is playing easy char make you a scrub??? also liu kang is not even top 10 char. it's like Daigo is a scrub because he uses Ryu lol. You're a new player, there's nothing wrong with using an easy char. imo you care too much about being harcore, fair,...

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
In Injustice my main is either GL or, recently, Doomsday. With GL I like being able to zone (if completely necessary) and get in easily. Usually I play beat down, like I do with Doomsday. Lots of combos for me. Don't wanna zone. So who would a good character be for me?
Johnny Cage is pure rush down. His projectiles are good, but not for throwing full screen. His ex low forceball is really positive on block so you use it for a frame trap.

Kabal by no means what so ever has to zone, but he has amazing zoning. His Nomad dash pressure is simply amazing. His number of options are insane, however his execution is truly hard, and 1 slip up canceling your nomad dash and you are full combod.

Liu Kang is the character I recommend to all new players. He has great rushdown, mixups, good zoning and decent damage. His execution is easy, but at the same time will teach you very essential skills such as dashing in combos. He has a stance that provides mixups and launchers, a nice number of strings and special moves, instant air fireball. essentially what I am trying to say is that Liu Kang is the Jack of all trades character, playing him will help you learn the mechanics of the game better.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
As other people have said Johnny Cage & Liu Kang are excellent up close. Liu Kang even has viable zoning. However, both these characters have some trouble vs. extreme zoners (Kenshi & Freddy). If you don't want to have to play super patiently & block the whole match, but still want a character that can play keep away & is good up close, you should pick Smoke.

+ Stupidly high damage with resets
+ Shuts down almost all zoning in the game with shake & teleport
+ Smoke bomb leads to 70%+ damage with meter
+ Easy combos
+ Excellent anti-air
+ Can turtle & play keep away
+ 9f 2 & d3 make him viable up close
- High hitbox while crouching, making it easier for several characters to pressure you up close
- Viability drops slightly w/o meter for resets
- No armor
- X-ray sucks (for what it's worth)