What's new

New to 2d

lobo

woof.
ok so i am coming over from 8wayrun.com, and this is the first 2d game i have ever really played. i gotta say i love it so far. i like the mood/friendliness/organization of TYM as well. i do have some questions, though...

an hour of searching and i'm raging because i have completely failed to find the inputs for kitana's stage fatality/babality. i think more people than myself are looking for this info. i am sure it is here somewhere, but why on earth is it so hidden? move lists/inputs should be posted, clear as day, for anyone to easily find.

also i need to creat an avatar/sig image. can anyone tell me the max dimensions allowed for both?

thanks guys. i look forward to playing lots of you.

oh my psn is: DOGOBGYN feel free to hit me up any time for MK/SC4 matches!

Here's Kitana's fatality list

Fan Opener: Press Down, Down, Back, Forward, Y/Triangle when close.
Splitting Headache: Press Forward, Down, Forward, Back, A/X sweeping distance.
Stage Fatality: Forward, Down, Down, A/X.
Babality: Forward, Forward, Down, Forward, B/Circle in jumping distance.

And as far as the question about the sig and avatar, it tells you the max dimensions in the settings. But just in case you can't find that, the max for the avatar is 150 by 120 pixels or 19.5 KB , and for the Sig, all that it says is 9.8 KB, says nothing about dimensions.

And last but not least: Welcome to the TYM community. I'm relatively new here myself, and they've welcomed me with open arms, I'm sure you'll get the same treatment :D

lobo

woof.
omg THANK YOU. is there a list of all of these somewhere on TYM? i hate going to another site for MK information.

thanks again!

lobo

woof.
how embarrassing that i couldn't find that. thanks so much. i am currently trying a bunch of them out to unlock the inputs and i notice right away that the kitana babality in the game is actually f,d,f 4 and not f,f,d,f 4 as it is listed, in case you'd like to edit/correct that. i'll pm you any other discrepancies i stumble across while i'm doing them.

nice work here, btw. TYM is looking great.

lobo

woof.
i know of #8wayrun and #capcom IRC groups for 8wr and SRK. is there a similar group set up for TYM where we might find live members for Q&A stuff and immediate online matchmaking?

heya lobo and welcome to TYM. you're quite the asset to 8wayrun, so I am immensely happy to hear you're spending time with us and playing MK9.

we did have a shoutbox before. it will return soon, i assume it's under maintenance atm.

lobo

woof.
heya lobo and welcome to TYM. you're quite the asset to 8wayrun, so I am immensely happy to hear you're spending time with us and playing MK9.

we did have a shoutbox before. it will return soon, i assume it's under maintenance atm.
aaaaaaah. how could i not play mk9? i've hated 2d fighters for a long, long time; forever in fact. this is the first one that feels right to me. it is exactly how i imagine calibur would play on a 2d plane. i can play off of block strings and frames instead of mindlessly jumping in and doing 50/50 X repeat until somebody dies. some of the 2d zoning strats and things like dash cancelling and negative edge are still completely alien to me, but i'm pretty pumped to finally have a worthwhile reason to wrap my brain around them.

this game is great! TYM seems to be set up very well also, and the site leaders really know their shit and are quite helpful. i was even motivated to take the time to showcase my awesome MSpaint skills and make my own first-ever avatar! i'm pretty familiar with the ins and outs of vb4, so don't hesitate to ask if you guys have any questions about it...i'd love to help however i can. i'm looking forward to an embedded chat. here's hoping it comes along nicely.

nice combo vids btw. consider about half of your shit officially stolen. :p