What's new

Tech New Techhhhhhhhhh

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
Some important new kabal tech against smoke, This new tech could change the match up dramatically.

Ok so any projectile that hits smokes shake or EX shake, Once the shake executes & he comes from above you, Kabal can EX dash through it.

You could also do a flash EX dash cancel into a instant back 121 to punish the shake, The back 121 crosses over after the EX dash, Kinda hard to pull off.

I still think the flash EX dash will work without being grounded but requires good execution.

Video as promised :)

Today i bring to you guys some very important new kabal tech against smoke, This new tech could change the match up dramatically.

Ok so any projectile that hits smokes shake or EX shake, Once the shake executes & he comes from above you, Kabal can EX dash through it.

I still need to test see if it works with the EX shake.

I will update the thread with a video when i have made it.
god. damnit.

in all seriousness though do you get a combo from it? or do you just get out of 9%?
if the latter it's not worth the bar of meter imo

AssassiN

Noob
Today i bring to you guys some very important new kabal tech against smoke, This new tech could change the match up dramatically.

I still need to test see if it works with the EX shake.

I will update the thread with a video when i have made it.
I thought something like that would be possible, if someone recovers fast enough and counter the parry with armor or an X-ray.

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
in all seriousness though do you get a combo from it? or do you just get out of 9%?
if the latter it's not worth the bar of meter imo
You can only get out of being grounded by it, But still its new tech lol

Also your getting out of pressure back to full screen not risking a juggle on wake up or anything smoke has against grounded char.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
good stuff!
Mr_Swizzer and you on xbox or ps3, i only ask for that xbox only mileena telekick throw tech.
be looking forward to the video anyway,nice find

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Why the hell would you ever be playing Smoke vs Kabal? Also, the Kabal player can just bait shake (on shake happy Smoke's) by shooting a gas blast just over his hitbox and then do a regular dash for a full combo punish without using any meter.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Why the hell would you ever be playing Smoke vs Kabal? Also, the Kabal player can just bait shake (on shake happy Smoke's) by shooting a gas blast just over his hitbox and then do a regular dash for a full combo punish without using any meter.
Its a different kind of mind game though. Say this works for KL, both characters are 1 hit from death and he throws a low hat, could he X-Ray the shake and win the round?

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
I am trying to do some online now, Execution is hard to do though, But very possible, You have to get the start up execution at the rite time.

Also i think the recovery is to long to do it after the buzz saw for kabal, Don't know yet gna try some more.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Its a different kind of mind game though. Say this works for KL, both characters are 1 hit from death and he throws a low hat, could he X-Ray the shake and win the round?
Hmm that is interesting, I would want to try that out. If it was the last hit I wonder if the shake trades damage with the xray and would win out...or if you would just knock him completely out of the move all together.

Flagg

Noob
I assume Kabal isn't the only one that could do this? How about Baraka with Ex charge, that has super armour, though his projectile recovery is pretty lame. I guess Kung Lao could escape with ex teleport?

Anyone with a move that moves them forward, with armour, could avoid the EX Shake counter?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Please let this be possible for the non Kabal players?!
I wasted 3 bars of meter to do this with skarlet, and still smoke was able to block the punish.

The shake is ublockable if you jump, teleport no matter where you are, the shake hitbox becomes the entire screen, only armor will avoid it, but smoke will be able to block it.

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
You must have a projectile quick enough to move after executing a fireball. Of course Kabal is able to do perform this set up with an instant aerial gas blast and EX dash. Besides, punishing the shake may not even be possible. Smoke almost recovers instantly.
What this guy said :)