What's new

New Supergirl Injustice 2 Gameplay Video via IGN

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Hahahaha, people see two minutes of footage and already they are talking about how to change a character in a game that isn't even out yet, let alone finished it's development cycle.

TYM, you crazy.
That moment when you read her frame data and says her lasers are -1 on block advantage like predator. He said she can zone so get ready to get a laser too far up your ass.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I still believe this game needs 2 different meters. Power meter and Super meter.

5 bar Power- meter which can be used for
- meter burn moves
- clash
- meter burn roll
- push back/breaker

And 3 bar Super-meter which can be used for level 1, level 2 and level 3 supermoves.
Kinda of like MvC and KoF where you have two or three level 1 supers and one level 3 cinematic supermove.

Get rid of gimmick button, supergirl's walking lasers or superman's sun boost damage can easily be level 1 supers.

It would be so great if they implement this system and give every character three level 1 supers, two level 2 supers and one level 3 cinematic super(which they already have).

Last edited:

myri

Time Warrior
That moment when you read her frame data and says her lasers are -1 on block advantage like predator. He said she can zone so get ready to get a laser too far up your ass.
Is that confirmed somewhere? Who's to say that won't change before launch?

Also I'll be the one playing Supergirl so I'll be the one lasering people's asses.

Is that confirmed somewhere? Who's to say that won't change before launch?

Also I'll be the one playing Supergirl so I'll be the one lasering people's asses.
I was just speculating plus do you play a character based on special moves? Because her frame data haven't even come out and you already confirmed your main.

myri

Time Warrior
I was just speculating plus do you play a character based on special moves? Because her frame data haven't even come out and you already confirmed your main.
I play characters that I like personality/visual wise first and foremost. I can't play a character that I don't like even if they are top tier. That's why after all this time I still only play Lao, Bo and Triborg in MKX despite trying numerous others. My main will be Batman, he's my favourite DC character by far. Supergirl will be a secondary, that's 100% because I'm a fan of the character.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

While I don't agree with people calling for pre-emptive nerfs already based on a two minute video, we can't entirely blame people due to NRS' track record with having astronomically stupid shit in their games.

Say Supergirl's teleport punch attack has a regular, overhead and low version, how the FUCK are you supposed to know which one to block in a back-to-block game? Normally you'd hold down in Injustice to block a teleport punch. But if the player decides to use the overhead version, you're screwed on the wrong read. If they decide to use the low version, you're again screwed on the wrong read. And let's be serious here, having a 33/33/33 guess on one move that could be thrown out all willy nilly is just dumb.

The above is purely speculation and could likely not be the case at all, but it could be what some folks are worried about due to what kind of dumb shit has made itself present in past games. I don't agree with all the nerf clamoring, but I can definitely see where they're coming from.

myri

Time Warrior
Say Supergirl's teleport punch attack has a regular, overhead and low version, how the FUCK are you supposed to know which one to block in a back-to-block game?

The above is purely speculation and could likely not be the case at all, but it could be what some folks are worried about due to what kind of dumb shit has made itself present in past games. I don't agree with all the nerf clamoring, but I can definitely see where they're coming from.
True, I just want to try and move this community's culture away from decrying a character from the rooftops from the word go, y'know.

While I don't agree with people calling for pre-emptive nerfs already based on a two minute video, we can't entirely blame people due to NRS' track record with having astronomically stupid shit in their games.

Say Supergirl's teleport punch attack has a regular, overhead and low version, how the FUCK are you supposed to know which one to block in a back-to-block game? Normally you'd hold down in Injustice to block a teleport punch. But if the player decides to use the overhead version, you're screwed on the wrong read. If they decide to use the low version, you're again screwed on the wrong read. And let's be serious here, having a 33/33/33 guess on one move that could be thrown out all willy nilly is just dumb.

That's how you determine this fighting game is coming from NRS.

Last edited:

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
They should call the regular version "Swift Fist," and the enhanced version "Switch Fist," because Supergirl can't teleport...

Last edited:
Yeah really not liking the tele, should've learned from scorpion but instead lets give her the same thing but it can also be an OH.

Wigy

There it is...
That looks like an overhead launching teleport

:DOGE

Not this again.

In all seriousness who cares, they sorted out the manface so hopefully they'll sort out game balance.

Last edited:
I still think the characters need to be bigger on the screen. It's a super hero game w/ tiny characters. Just need more camera angles. That's my main gripe.
Bigger characters wouldn't be bad but this actually makes sense for a superhero game. If this was a martial arts or boxing game, the characters should be close to each other. Superheros shoot lasers, fly around and throw environmentals at you, so it makes more sense that they are small compared to their space.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

The regular tele is a high, the EX Tele is an OH Launcher. Both will likely be full combo punishable so you would block by walking forward. There is no low option, and it isn't even a 50/50 since both options can be blocked standing.

With that being said, and being realistic about it, i think it's stupid af. Not saying it is OP because no one has the game, just stupid AF. Not only can SuperGirl "not" Teleport as a comic/tv character which makes it feel like lazy design, but her specials already seem to appear effective at counter zoning. Also, as others have said, a side switching attack Teleport in a traditional back to block game is one of the worst designs imo as well.

Think the tele design is kinda lame, but people are still overreacting. The game will have like 30 chars or whatever and they showcase one character and people lose their shit. How do we know Grodd won't have a 1 hit kill punch??? We don't know what anyone else will do yet. The reaction to the first showcased character when we know nothing about every other character is beyond absurd.

Espio

Kokomo

There is no real defense for freaking out about pre-release characters. Speculation absolutely, but nobody should be embracing alarmist reactions about them not learning from the past, nerf, change her etc. She might not even be good or she might be just average when the game drops. These types of mentalities have never helped anyone in reality and have often lead to characters being hurt that didn't need to be hurt. I don't care much for Supergirl, but seeing her gameplay it looks very enjoyable as I'm a fan of all around characters and her trait.

E

Eldriken

The regular tele is a high, the EX Tele is an OH Launcher. Both will likely be full combo punishable so you would block by walking forward. There is no low option, and it isn't even a 50/50 since both options can be blocked standing.

With that being said, and being realistic about it, i think it's stupid af. Not saying it is OP because no one has the game, just stupid AF. Not only can SuperGirl "not" Teleport as a comic/tv character which makes it feel like lazy design, but her specials already seem to appear effective at counter zoning. Also, as others have said, a side switching attack Teleport in a traditional back to block game is one of the worst designs imo as well.

Think the tele design is kinda lame, but people are still overreacting. The game will have like 30 chars or whatever and they showcase one character and people lose their shit. How do we know Grodd won't have a 1 hit kill punch??? We don't know what anyone else will do yet. The reaction to the first showcased character when we know nothing about every other character is beyond absurd.
I know. I was just using a "what if" scenario to explain why I could see people being up in arms about this. It's NRS, so you never know. >_>

But yeah, teleport attacks that come from the opposite side are stupid.

Either way, I don't agree with the "OMFG NERF CHARACTER FROM GAME THAT ISN'T OUT YET OMGOMGOMGOMG" or the likes. I just know why it's happening. :p

Maybe they could make it have 900 frames of startup to appease the masses. :DOGE