What's new

New Scorpion Move (Ermac Update)

CanoCano

Noob
Scorpion's gotten a new string!!! Looks like it is a Mid hitting ender for F3, launches, special cancelable on hit and hopefully safe on block
This will hopefully tie together his pressure game cause afaik it's looking pretty dire right now
What do y'all think???
Edit: From the look of this the string may have a 1f gap, that's lame asf

Last edited:

CanoCano

Noob
If this new string is special cancelable on block there might be some Armour Break setups he'll be able to do, maybe a reset with Frost that goes like
Any Combo > BF1, S33 > Ice Karpet, Ice Bomb, S1, F34 (Blocked) > DB3+Ice Bomb
And then if they try to reversal out the armour just gets broken and they freeze, but i'm just spitballing maybe it doesn't work like that
Edit: Should clarify that this new string seems to be an almost copy-paste of Scorpion's S214, so this is assuming it has the exact same frame data outside of being special cancelable

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This is definitely something Scorpion needed. Because we’re having to either use Kameos to mixup after f3 or just f3’ing and not going for the f32 launcher since there’s such a big gap in the string. This will help with that mindgame/mixup a lot.

That said, this isn’t a huge buff or anything. It’s for sure something Scorpion needed as I said, but I’m hoping this isn’t the only thing they changed with Scorpion. Meaning hopefully he got more buffs frame wise on his existing moves.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Reptile and Rain seemed to get quite a bit but it wouldn't surprise me at this point if a single string change is all Scorpion got. Hoping I'm wrong though. Excited to see if this actually helps Scorpion at all or if it's NRS trolling and it's just as unsafe as the other options.

CanoCano

Noob
Reptile and Rain seemed to get quite a bit but it wouldn't surprise me at this point if a single string change is all Scorpion got. Hoping I'm wrong though. Excited to see if this actually helps Scorpion at all or if it's NRS trolling and it's just as unsafe as the other options.
I'd be surprised if this was the only thing Scorpion got cause this new kick is actually the exact same as the one in his S214 string, just special cancelable now
How much else he will get idk but it'd be pretty dumb if that's all he got

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
The gameplay team is barely even trying with Scorpion in this game. Shame he has alot of really great ideas and moves. Was so excited when I saw him actually using his ropedart more in his normals and specials like the antiair and sweep. The ropedart is why he is called Scorpion so it's literally his identity. He just has very few ways to get his kit to work because they didn't give him the depth and attention that most of the cast got.