What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster New patch removes Some of SZ corner combo & trapping options

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Fs I just started using him a few days ago & now this shit!!

Can some1 point me in the direction of a character that ppl don't cry about, so I don't have to worry about them being nerfed?

Cheers

Reactions: STK

Audit

Falls down too much
Yeah, people still havent realized that this was a developer fix list and not a game balance patch.
1000 times this. Was Balance affected? Yes. Right now every single character forum on TYM has a thread burning their character to the ground about how bad they've been nerfed. Even Erron Black has a thread talking about how bad the 1 frame jump nerfed him. Yes, Erron Black.

I mean really, that's just nutso knee jerk idiocy. It's fun to watch TYM eat its own babies in madness though.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Fs I just started using him a few days ago & now this shit!!

Can some1 point me in the direction of a character that ppl don't cry about, so I don't have to worry about them being nerfed?

Cheers
As a Raiden player, I still feel he's very much still top tier and his damage was nerfed but he's still Raiden. He still has many ways to rack up damage, so he didn't need 50% combos in the first place.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura

Cheers
JC! he will be the wild card at evo! someone is just camping out with him not showing his stuff off so he can take that S**t with an unknown gimmick. lol. Also no one even did any successful traps or set up at #TXS so really this is @Tom Brady fought for showing off month one of the game. messed it up for every body! lmao

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
JC! he will be the wild card at evo! someone is just camping out with him not showing his stuff off so he can take that S**t with an unknown gimmick. lol. Really this is @Tom Brady fought for showing off month one of the game. messed it up for every body! lmao
The thing is, and all the other Cage players agree w/me (I'll always be a Cage main by heart even though I'm maining Raiden): He is a GREAT char............in the wrong game. MK9? This guy would be retarded top 5. This game, which depends on everybody have 50/50 marvel combos? No. He's still an annoying chip char, but he can't sustain pressure like he used to. A-List requires stamina. So after 2 cancels, you're done. Stunt Double? Clones run out after 2, then 3 hours of cooldown. Fisticuffs is LOL useless. There is almost no reason to duck against him. All he has is 113 (the 3 is the low) to nutpunch. Oh boy. You can mix up 11 to F2 overhead but 11 has probably the shortest jab range in the game now.

I tried so hard to main JC when the game came out until......last weekend? But nope, I'm picking a char that can actually reward you for guesssing right

Gamer68

Fujin!
People will complain about any character that has good pressure, and Sub-Zero was one of those characters. He wasn't the best, but the people crying for nerfs didn't care if he was the best; he had great pressure and that was enough to demand nerfs. He was able to control space and the pace of the match. About 75% (or more) of the MK fanbase is casual players, and casual players just don't have the means to beat this type of stuff -- which is why they complain. I can't blame NetherRealm for patching Subs since this game is being played causally by a lot of players, they have to do things to make this game playable and balanced for competitive play, but they also have to do things to make sure casual players can have more fun.

I'm not saying that Sub-Zero's nerf was needed, because honestly, I don't think it was. I'm just saying, when you have a bunch of casuals screaming "NERF SUB-ZERO HE IS TOO OVERPOWERED" and a very large hunk of your fanbase is casuals, you might just want to give him a small nerf. But the thing is, it wasn't just casuals complaining about this, I've also seen/heard great players say things about Sub-Zero needing to be nerfed. Right off the bat I think SonicFox.

This brings me to this point: People shouldn't be wasting time complaining. They should be learning. This is what @Tom Brady has been trying to say since forever. People need to learn that this is a fighting game, and fighting games are going to be challenging. Some characters have better match-ups, other have worse. Some characters have good options, others have worse. And even though these characters can decide who wins, for the most part, it's all about the player. You can't always expect just to choose a character and always be able to win. Some characters in the game just requires you to adjust and think again before doing something. Sub-Zero was also one of these characters.

I'm no professional. I do understand fighting games, I do understand how to play fighting games, but I'm by no means a "Pro". So you don't have to listen to me, but you could at least try to learn instead of just complaining. But oh well, things happen. I will continue to play as Sub-Zero, and Sub-Zero will continue to be one of my mains and favorite characters.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The "its just business" excuse is silly. Casual players that picked up MK so they could play Subzero or Scorpion while they wait for the next game release to come out don't give a flying f**k about cool down time or what plus or negative. They could have left the game alone and the casual would have never tweeted or email about a clone trap or 45% meterless combos. NRS patch had to do with the Competitive scene and the feed back receive from the community. So people complained about GM/SZ and KJ/BOW so that shit got hit. The cool down really sucks and was a bit unwarned. the Clone disappearing on block is just dumb. In some ways im more mad about that than the cool down. SZ is defiantly hurt by this. No mater how you try and re cope the damage fact is SZ players got shafted. Ive noticed the changes that came out in the patch made it so you have to spend meter to get what they took away. Raiden, jin and SZ matches just got more expensive meter wise. Also only the complained about variations got touched. Other variation that could have used some additions/subtractions got jack. I just hope this isn't a patten.
You know what else people cried about/wanted?:
Jax Nerfs- Didn't Happen
Raiden Nerfs- Didn't Happen
Jacqui Nerfs- Didnt happen
Scorpion Nerfs- Didnt Happen
Kotal Khan Buffs- Didnt Happen
Sonya Nerfs- Didnt Happen
Kano Nerfs- Didnt Happen(Bug Fixes Dont Count)
Kenshi Buffs- Didnt happen
Option selects removed- Didnt Happen

May I also remind you that there was a twenty five page thread on why Sub Zero should NOT be normalized. You guys just have to face that NRS thought the clone wasn't working as they intended. Either find ways around the nerf or pick a different character, because it has only been a day and most of us are tired of the complaining already.

STK

Jax Nerfs- Didn't Happen

May I also remind you that there was a twenty five page thread on why Sub Zero should NOT be normalized. You guys just have to face that NRS thought the clone wasn't working as they intended. Either find ways around the nerf or pick a different character, because it has only been a day and most of us are tired of the complaining already.
thats my point. there was so much that could have been address but wasn't. And to those that are tired please go to sleep then. That will be a few less (multiple expletives) ;)

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Because "you guys" were not punishing. That's not getting away with murder because he can, it's because "you guys" allowed it by refusing to punish him.
As someone who mains Johnny, I watched you video explaining how to punish the clone. According to that as long as I have 1 bar of meter at every given point in the match, it should be just too easy for me to punish. Get real, even in your video you proved that for a character like mine without a bar to burn I just eat clone pressure strings.

Ghoztly

Noob
I guess we can all move on, they can all go whine about the next character they want nerfed.

And it will work, you can't say it won't.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
In the corner, SZ can no longer combo into Ice Clone if he hits the opponent while the Ice Clone is currently out unless it is at the final second to 1/2 second of the Ice Clone. This takes away his ability to set up his clone trap safely after landing B2 in the corner while the clone is out.

This hurts his trapping BIG TIME and hurts is damage/combo-ability. Now, not only does SZ need meter for almost everything in open space, he needs it for corner combos as well.
So does Reptile. We're even now.

Zoidberg747

thats my point. there was so much that could have been address but wasn't. And to those that are tired please go to sleep then. That will be a few less (multiple expletives) ;)
Because this wasn't a balance patch. The devs said themselves it was to make sure everything was working as intended. There was a glitch with the clone that caused them to give it a cooldown. The only real nerf was being able to make them disappear on block.

Once again, this crying rhetoric falls flat on its face because there was a 25 page thread of people shouting that he shouldnt be nerfed. If NRS actually did listen to us, he wouldnt have gotten nerfed and a lot of other characters would have gotten changed. And quite frankly, we have no idea how our ideas would affect the game and the balance would probably end up being shit anyway.

TL:DR: If you have to blame someone blame NRS for making the decision, not the community.

Zoidberg747

I guess we can all move on, they can all go whine about the next character they want nerfed.

And it will work, you can't say it won't.

Jax Nerfs- Didn't Happen

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
Tom. Comment on Ferra/Torr Lackey against Clone Sub. You won't because you know Sub Clone still has far more options.
Granted, Grandmaster is probably the worst match-up for Lackey. BUT, Vicious is in turn, probably the worst match-up for Grandmaster. Think on it, this is the sort of thing that variations were made for.. It is supposed to be like this; Some variations will happen to dominate others, but the player now has the option to turn the tide by counter-picking with another variation of the same character. Imo favorable/unfavorable variation match-ups shouldn't be any cause for nerfs. Why should unbroken stuff get nerfed to begin with.? :confused:

STK

Because this wasn't a balance patch. The devs said themselves it was to make sure everything was working as intended. There was a glitch with the clone that caused them to give it a cooldown. The only real nerf was being able to make them disappear on block.

Once again, this crying rhetoric falls flat on its face because there was a 25 page thread of people shouting that he shouldnt be nerfed. If NRS actually did listen to us, he wouldnt have gotten nerfed and a lot of other characters would have gotten changed. And quite frankly, we have no idea how our ideas would affect the game and the balance would probably end up being shit anyway.

TL:DR: If you have to blame someone blame NRS for making the decision, not the community.
Nope. not like it maters but who do you think pointed the cooldown out? also i agree.
the Clone disappearing on block is just dumb. In some ways im more mad about that than the cool down.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
Who's trolling? I'm a victim of The Salty Bottom Boys (SZ Community).
Then why stay? At this point a good 50%+ isn't even about the patch affecting GM Sub and tech after.

Personally, the nerf is a nerf. It hurts but I've gotta see how this'lll affect my personal game before saying what the damage is. Of course looking into alt. tech is important, and I'm hitting the lab when I get home.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
You're right, because Paulo is paid by NetherRealm and Warner Bros. to take a 17-year-old's Twitter opinion on how to patch his game.

Paulo doesn't have a mind of his own and doesn't watch gameplay, he just trolls social media to figure out what changes to make to make next to a muiltimillion-dollar IP.
A 17 years old that has won countless tournaments and is pretty much the man (boy lol) to be beaten. I say he has much more voice than me, you or anybody else in this thread combined.

I really think they didn't. The game designers at NRS don't patch the game based on "the scene" and could probably care less about one player whining on Twitter.

Paulo fixes what he determines needs to be fixed based on the game he designed and how he intended it to be played. I don't think people understand what "Lead Designer" really means.
And you are saying this and so sure about because....?

Lol they would nerf him after I picked him up.
back to EB it is
Nice way to handle it. :)

You gonna drop Black as well if he gets nerfed to oblivion?