What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah New Mortal Kombat X Gameplay Video from FINISH HIM - D'Vorah vs. Raiden

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
If not, Imagine how many times we'll neutral jump because the tele input won't work in other variants :D
I'm sooo going to do this all the time, heh. I play mostly Raiden in MK9 and sometimes I pick Subs. I feel like an idiot every time I got to remind myself that Subs has no TP to get in. That's when I don't get reminded by neutral jump (well, it doesn't happen often, but I'm pretty sure it happened at least once lol).
I'm actually fairly interested in MoS Raiden too though.

Hopefully they'll just give us more input buffer on specials this time around. I play KI and there appears to be a generous amount of input buffer on special moves and command normals- it really helps the controls feel smooth and responsive even when there's a lag spike. MKX should do the same.
Hm... I think the buffer in MK9 was quite generous, basically entire startup of a move you will be cancelling. Well, you can have more if the game buffers entire string and then special instead of removing string hits from the queue should you input special before next move of the string starts it's startup, but I think it's not always the best idea. Maybe there should be an option.

Also, I wish KI wasn't platform-exclusive :(

Looks like one of his strings that ends in the high roundhouse kick can be ducked and full comboed.
That may be not that bad though. Warning: wild guessing ahead!

Maybe that is supposed to be hit-confirm to launch for wall combo or with the help of TP in Displacer.
Or there may be little mindgame: you either finish your string with that normal (that can be neutral on block or better) or cancel into Shocker/VB so that if your opponent tries to read and punish said normal, he gets hit with your special. Some very MK-ish thing if you ask me.

If that's the case, the string won't be necessary bad. I'll be hoping that we won't have to deal with a lot of bad moves.

d) if MKX has something like armored bounce cancels from injustice Raiden could do the string with a gap and then bounce cancel instead and armor through opponents armor.
Not sure if MKX will have universal armored cancels like that, but back in MK9 Raiden's Ex-Shocker was a bit slower than normal one, so I think you could actually use it like you're describing. Maybe that'll stay, but I don't know if MKX Ex-Shocker has any armor, I think we only know that it launches, unlike normal one.

His 1,2,1,2 string in 9 was pretty good I thought.
Always thought that 121 was better since it wasn't that negative. It didn't create any space though. May be mixing something up.

I'm sooo going to do this all the time, heh. I play mostly Raiden in MK9 and sometimes I pick Subs. I feel like an idiot every time I got to remind myself that Subs has no TP to get in. That's when I don't get reminded by neutral jump (well, it doesn't happen often, but I'm pretty sure it happened at least once lol).
I'm actually fairly interested in MoS Raiden too though.

hehehehe, as my no.1 is Jade, I'm used to bf3 ( shadow flash ) all the time. Imagine what happens when I pick Raiden… Punished supermen all over the place!