What's new

General/Other - Kitana New Mortal Kombat X Gameplay Trailer - Kitana Revealed!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
They did a great job re-designing Kitana's look. She still looks like a princess, but even more like a ninja/assassin. Kung Lao looks as fast and deadly as ever, but I didn't see any teleports. Seems like everything is based around his hat. We need to see more.

Kitana's jump looked a bit awkward, that is my only complaint with her animations. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't very ninja-like... The rest of her moves looked amazing, but we need more info on her. What are her variations??

The stages looked amazing and I think I saw 3 new stages?! I don't know what's going on but all of a sudden there's all these beautiful new backgrounds. The portal stage, the snowy monastery and the plane/ship crash site... It's starting to look like a complete game.

The music is sounding better than ever and each new track sounds darker and more evil than the last.

Today was a good day for the MKX hype train!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I know, of course man. I won't mind if she gets in I just think given Boon's answer it seems slim but who knows man, one of the other QC girls can get in you never know. Personally, I'd rather see either Kia, Sareena or Jataaka over Skarlet because 2 of those 3 haven't been explored in a fighting game so many possibilities.

Yeah I mean different guys have different requirements, time put in to adapt etc you know? The higher learning curve as you said. I think the DLC was part of it but also partially due to that higher margin of working with her, look at Rain. He was big for a while and CDjr even won a tourney with him. Skarlet I believe was one of the few characters bigger online IMO than offline. From my experience at least. Oh I agree with you on the why run to KL, Kabal and easy win character. I used Ermac, Scorpion and Sektor mostly....all mid tier characters that as you probably know as a Skarlet player are a struggle to go up against KL, Kabal etc but more rewarding when you do win. Chances are those players who whore the shit out of those guys know they'll get wrecked with mids and lows, so as I've said many times before I will always give more kudos to a player using a mid or low be it in tourneys or online being the underdog than someone who relies on "owee top tier I'll use him to win easy" mentality.

But lastly concerning so far, that's also to be considered we don't know the full roster yet and the 3 variations per character helps increase those chances of offering something unique for everyone's playstyle. I'm a zoning and keep away kind of player so I've already found an idea of who I'll use definitely Scorpion, Raiden and possibly try out Quan Chi but not sure yet. I'm still waiting for Fujin and Ermac or at least one of them...maybe Sektor if he's in but if he gets in I'll be surprised, I just think Cyrax's chances are greater for some reason.

Not at all, I just call it how I see something. Yes you have a right to an opinion, but I'm just saying there are those "fans" who say shit like "no Kitana, no buy" to me that's NOT A true fan. I know you didn't say that but to me that annoys me and those people come off as "posers" rather than fans, as I said dude if there were no females at all I'd totally agree with you and be like "ok no girls, that's odd...wtf?" But we have 4 female characters, 3 of which playable and probably more since the roster isn't even done yet....the latter point you seem to be ignoring for whatever reason. I get it perfectly well, what you seem to be ignoring is what others who agree with me brought up like James, you do the math you HAVE options. How is Blanch like Ferra when Blanch doesn't fight? Ferra is used as an assist consistently where as Blanch is a oneshot deal...

I also brought up the Ferra point mind you cause I'm sick and tired of hearing people say "omg no girls wahh" 4 girls in a roster of 12 so far, that's a forth last time I checked and again roster isn't fully done...a few is really just a few as in 2 can even be considered a few. Well if you don't care about DLC or full roster why are you judging off NOW? That's silly...

Wait...you're a chick? Opps sorry thought you were a guy that's a big Harley fan :p but honestly just be patient. I just feel that some of you guys and girls, are acting as if there's no females what so ever....these games are hard work too, MK 1 had 4-5 guys now MK games have over 100....working on them.
You had it right I am a guy. Femme players refer to femme fatale. I'm criticizing it now because every reveal has been a male character. We aren't saying there are no females we are saying there is not enough. 3 is not enough in any way, shape, or form. What good are the variations if they don't to play the character at all?

People who don't exclusively play female characters won't understand. Also once again Ferra isn't playable so you can't count her.

yeah .... I hardly believe NRS could do it such mistake .... I doubt that Mileena could not be in , since when you have Scorpion, you have Sub-Zero and when you have Kitana, you have Mileena .... typical safe move from developers, you know ..... ;)

They leaked already a small picture of Mileena in the MKX comics, so, we can guarantee that she has at the moment, 50% overall chance to be in .... I think NRS and Ed will not be stupid enough to let Milleena out of this great game , hehe :D
I wouldn't be surprised if they are stupid enough to leave her out. 50% sounds legit :)

wait, mileena leaked pic?! Where?
It's just the comics. Doesn't mean anything. She was sure to be in anyway as even Frost is in.

DeathTouch

Iceman
Will there be crush moves in MKX?

KL has a Sonya-esque cartwheel that looks like it'd go over a traditional low poke.
Also, no spin move shown.
they talk about KL spin in one of his versions. Dont remember which one though. He has no teleport or at least didn'd showcase any

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
they talk about KL spin in one of his versions. Dont remember which one though. He has no teleport or at least didn'd showcase any

I think I read somewhere that the teleport is still in, but either way, you dont really need a teleport when you have a hat that tracks and divekicks that can be done that low to the ground and cancelled outta run.

trufenix

bye felicia
it's whirlwind or vortex or something. But the only actual spinning move the magazines referenced is something where he spins his hat around himself and can neutralize projectiles, maybe like Batman's D+4.

Shipetopic

50/50 is the best town to live in !
Did you guys notice wheel-move that Kung Lao perform in a vidoe around 50 to 52 second. Looks like it a overhead move from injustice.(fwd + X).
So every character will have this "basic" move like in injustice?

kantboy-2

Ripper
Ferra/Torr can be considered a 'female' character.

She speaks on intros, she's essential on X-rays, she does fatalities and she's always on screen, even on the Lackey variation.

Guess who I'm using?

Besides War God Kotal Kahn... ;)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
it's just a tease in another post someone did, where you can see Mileena in romance with another well known character from MK franchise, hehe ..... ;):D:p:cool:
haha I see :) was just curious about it :p:cool:

I wouldn't be surprised if they are stupid enough to leave her out. 50% sounds legit :)

It's just the comics. Doesn't mean anything. She was sure to be in anyway as even Frost is in.
True but Mileena did survive the last game so I'd say if she doesn't make it in I'll be very surprised. Can you imagine how twisted she'll look? lol

You had it right I am a guy. Femme players refer to femme fatale. I'm criticizing it now because every reveal has been a male character. We aren't saying there are no females we are saying there is not enough. 3 is not enough in any way, shape, or form. What good are the variations if they don't to play the character at all?

People who don't exclusively play female characters won't understand. Also once again Ferra isn't playable so you can't count her.
Oh ok, but yeah I know though that's not always the case my friend Skullface(who's a chick) LOVES Quan Chi and Sub-Zero, she's actually one of the few female players online who doesn't use girls often. I played Sheeva a little in MK 9 the least used female lol ;) what variations don't play like the character though? They all seem appropriate from what I've seen to the character's character/personality. But not saying you per-se but others I've seen have griped as if there's no girls. *shrugs*

Enjoy MK X :)

Lo0py

Noob
yeah .... I hardly believe NRS could do it such mistake .... I doubt that Mileena could not be in , since when you have Scorpion, you have Sub-Zero and when you have Kitana, you have Mileena .... typical safe move from developers, you know ..... ;)

They leaked already a small picture of Mileena in the MKX comics, so, we can guarantee that she has at the moment, 50% overall chance to be in .... I think NRS and Ed will not be stupid enough to let Milleena out of this great game , hehe :D
fuck yeah, one thing i'm interested about is... Next gen teeth hype! :D