What's new

General/Other New Injustice and Harley player saying Hi

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Hello everyone,

So maybe a few of you may have seen me around before for MK9 (mainly hanging around the Jade forum trying to stop all the bickering), but I finally caved and bought Injustice a couple of days ago despite not being interested in it at first. However I was keen to play Harley from the first reveal if I did pick it up, and frankly she has been even more fun than I expected, which has definitely helped me to get into the game.

Anyway, looking for some general advice and tips here.

Such as...

Anti airs. D2 seems to get stuffed out by a lot of attacks, standing 1 doesn't seem to have a large hitbox. I try catching with a jumping 2 when I anticipate a jump in but that gets stuffed a lot to.

Combos. Currently got the big bnb down just about (starter TS1 b3 j2 j2 12xxPD) and also have been using starter TS1 j2 2u3xxts1 for an attempted crossup/mixup. Is this stuff the good stuff, or are there better options? I'd like to try finishing some strings with Silly Slides for the mixups in there somewhere.

Ambiguous crossups. What are good setups for the old ambiguouseseses? Ending in 2u3xxTS1 is alright but most people just tech role. Does she have any hard knockdowns to stop this?

Also regarding crossups in Injustice in general. So cool NRS, you put proper crossups in your game, but do I still have to input my combo before I know if my j2 hit or not? I keep trying to hit confirm and have dropped tons of full combos so far because of it. Am I just shit, or did they carry over the really stupid MK9 jump in system?

Anyway, hopefully I can start contributing around here sometime. Am really enjoying the game so far! Harley's the only one I've played around with so far, thinking I'll probably try Aquaman and Selina next. But I'm having a blast playing Harley so don't plan to be dropping her any time soon (even if she's considered lower tier atm... I did play main Jade since 2 months into MK9 and never stopped =p)

Cheers!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
GambitTheFirst

Anti airs in general aren't that good in this game.. You kan usually MB B3 or F3 for AA's and these work pretty well when in doubt. Harley's D2 is among the worst in the game (and it was worst pre-patch) lol... If you want to jump in anticipating you have to kick early. Make sure you use Jumping 1 if you're going to do that.

Fo Kombos, ending in 112 silly slide is good as it leaves you klose for OKI and kauses an untechable knockdown.

The jumping system isn't exactly the same as MK. With some character I have done it the same as MK with others I had to wait until I landed. I'm not sure which I'm doing sometimes since I just focus on the habit of doing it right. Also, jump ins don't usually grant much advantage unlike MK.

This game is much more imbalanced than MK, so goodluck... I dropped Harley, but I'm hoping someone gets past the BS in this game with her. I almost feel like we're living in the Injustice Dimension, where Superman and the Top Tier are reigning over us all.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Welcome to TYM! :)
As pointed out in the first sentence, I have been around here for a good year and a half but thanks haha!

GambitTheFirst
Also, jump ins don't usually grant much advantage unlike MK.
I noticed that, but I ask not for the advantage, but because of the ambiguous crossovers. Atm even I can't tell which side I'm landing on a lot of the time so if I have to input the full string before I even know if I hit or not then I won't know which directional input to use.

As pointed out in the first sentence, I have been around here for a good year and a half but thanks haha!

I noticed that, but I ask not for the advantage, but because of the ambiguous crossovers. Atm even I can't tell which side I'm landing on a lot of the time so if I have to input the full string before I even know if I hit or not then I won't know which directional input to use.
oops lol my bad I thought since you said I will start contributing here I assumed you just joined lol.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
oops lol my bad I thought since you said I will start contributing here I assumed you just joined lol.
NP I meant to the Harley forum, not TYM forum in general haha.

So yeah, I can understand anti airs not being as big as in MK9, but surely there must be ways to make people think twice about jump ins...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
HEY YOU
STOP THAT SHIT
Thought you were a new member because of this. lol.. Most of the people that have a problem with this are outside of the MK kommunity.

Don't know why, but I like exchanging C's for K's. Wish I thought of it first. Haha

Anyways, I main Harley too (until Batgirl's out), so if you ever wanna practice Harley vs. Harley, I'd be kool with that.

Sorry, Red Reaper Had to try it.:)
The more the merrier... :)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah.. That you have to figure out on your own. I kan usually tell where I'm landing at because in training mode that's one of the first things I test. Just get used to spacing out your jumps so you know where you're going to land.

D

Deleted member 9158

prepare to suffer immensely against anyone with a solid zoning game.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Haha, sorry man D:

I just don't think she's great in relative to others.
She's a blast. What nonsense you talkin bout. Just got think harder and work smarter sometimes. Or just go nuts lol. I've lost matches to learn what to not do and when to.do certain things :eek:
If anyone can 56-0, with Harley, not just against me lol, then she must have huge potential or he's doing something right.
Everyone else in. the game IMO are just easy.
Harley is the Makoto of the DC Universe.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Thought you were a new member because of this. lol.. Most of the people that have a problem with this are outside of the MK kommunity.
No just anyone who has good taste. =p

Thanks for the info guys, yeah I saw that Corner Setups thread, I'll have to go through it again in more detail!

Anyway, if anyone has any more tips and tricks, keep it coming!

Cheers.