What's new

New characters that should come back and shouldn't come back (MK4-MKA).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think...if you're gonna recreate the entire MK timeline to "Armageddon," it'd be a shove-off to anyone who was a fan of the later generation of characters if everybody didn't at least get a shot at some point. Maybe whoever gets left out of MK10, be it later-gen characters or whoever stays dead after MK9, they make an Ultimate on top of that ala MKA and throw them all in together. That way, everyone gets a shot at some point to be playable.

I'm hoping they go back through everything.
Going through a re-vamped version of every storyline from 4 to the end of days, on better platforms, with better everything?
Let's say you hate Dairou. Understandable.
He's wasn't exactly the most relevant guy.
Tombstone Drop.
Odd alternate costume.
But what about now?
What about in this environment, in this timeline?
Imagine, a year or two from now, the face you could be wearing if you pick up the sequel, take him out for a test run, just to see how he fares now so you know your hate is still warranted, and you end up accidently finding your new main out of accidental spite. And you DESTROY with him. And it's amazing.
And maybe, instead of just a randomly placed character in the story, he betrays Seido and sells them out to the forces of Chaos, starting a full-blown war between Seido and Chaosrealm.
Dairou just made MK10 happen. Poof. Tombstone fuckin' Poof.
THAT could happen. Easily. With anyone.
Havik. ASHRAH. Hsu Hao. REIKO. Mavado. DAEGON.
It's not about what they've done in the past, figuratively and literally.
It's about what direction they can be taken in now that everything's changed.
And how absolutely bloodlusted they can make them in games to come.

I want...10. Darrius' Mix-N-Match Fatality. 9. Shujinko & the Kamidogu storyline returns. 8. Tie the loose ends of the uncertain demises in Story Mode. 7. Epic fight scene between Baraka & Mileena. 6. Raiden finishes losing his sanity. 5. *Cant remember who suggested it, but it's brilliant* Human Bi-Han returns, cleansed of evil, disposes of Sektor, and becomes Face Turned Grand Master Sub-Zero. 4. CHESS KOMBAT. 3. Chaos Vs. Order. 2. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE TEMPEST IS. 1. Ashrah.

A-Train

Noob
Havik would be my first choice as he was my favorite new character from the 3D games. Other characters that would be high on my wish list are Hotaru, Drahmin (I know I'm in the minority on that one!), Frost, and Fujin.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I'm mostly curious if Freddy will return in the next game. Given that I play him a lot, enough to potentially consider him my main, I'd be sorely disappointed if he was scrapped entirely.

Perhaps, if he was to get excluded, they could give his moves to Shinnok. Shinnok's skeletal arms would be a fantastic parallel to Freddy's glove-centric specials. They could just replace Sweet Dreams with just about whatever they want while pleasing both Freddy and Shinnok fans. I also think the zoning archetype would fit him well.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Fujin, Shinok, Havik
Bo Rai Cho has to be there too. I really don't like the 3D characters but it's a fat drunk Chinese man who burns you alive with his rancid flatulence. He can suck ass, I'll play him for the troll factor. There's really no fatality I enjoy in MK9, but if he's in MK10, it'll be mandatory every single time.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
But anyway, yeah, a good majority of the MK9 cast should return somehow, if not all of them, otherwise we'd be running into the same reason MK4 sucked all over again.
At this point, I'd suggest Tanya, Reiko, Tremor, Frost (replacing CSZ), Robo Smoke, Khameleon (yes, the female one, she could work with a rebooting) etc.. Shinnok and Fujin are inevitable. Quan Chi and Kenshi are really the only characters I liked post-MKT, go figure.

*Cant remember who suggested it, but it's brilliant* Human Bi-Han returns, cleansed of evil, disposes of Sektor, and becomes Face Turned Grand Master Sub-Zero.
Edit your post, shoutouts are due. ;)

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Shinnok

REiko

Kira (them terters, not a kano clone)

Kobra (Redone somehow)

Nitara

Daegon (We need a kratos ripoff, not kratos himself)

Hsu Hao (make him like zangief)

Tanya, need more blacks >:)

Havok

FUCK JAREK AND DAIROU

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Not sure if i already posted in this thread but whatever

id like to see
everyone in mk9 plus

Tanya
Deagon
A shrah
Bo Rai Cho
Li Mei
Nitara
Dairou for m2dave s sake
Fujin
Mavado
Reiko
Kai

NKZero

Noob
I'd welcome pretty much everyone in Armageddon with the exception of all the giants (though they should be in ladder mode), Meat, Hsu Hao and Mokap off the top of my head. Those people are useless. Taven and Daegon aren't necessary but if you have one you gotta have the other and idc really whether they make it or not. I don't anticipate they will though.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Must Return from MK9:
Sonya
Kabal
Rain
Cage

New:
.Reiko (MK4 red ninja costume/white eye glow is killer awesome)
.Fujin
.Kai

Chars from this mk that should stay/revive some how Liu/Kung Lao/Jax/Sonya/Kitana/Scorpion/Subzero/Raiden/Cage/Reptile/Kabal/Cybersub new chars maybe some of the above mentioned, but chars that will make me happy Reiko, Fujin and Frost.

get rid of the sheeva, baraka, mileena, the tarkatans and shao kang minions, stryker (he suck), some of the ninjas that should just stay dead or gone, Shang died too so let him stay dead, and make another good story.

NKZero

Noob
you cannot get rid of baraka, mileena or stryker. sheeva idc but still. as I've said before they should keep everyone in MK9 and build on top of that with some of the better characters from later versions.

To repeat a post I made elsewhere:

Roster

Returning

Raiden
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Scorpion
Mileena
Baraka
Reptile
Sektor
Cyrax
Quan Chi
Ermac
Sheeva
Kenshi
Rain
Possibly Liu Kang

New

Fujin
Kai
Shinnok
Tanya
Reiko
Jarek
Bo Rai Cho
Li Mei
Drahmin
Ashrah
Sareena

Bosses, returning and new

Moloch
Goro
Kintaro

Possibly Returning

Everyone else from MK9.

Factions

Earthrealm Raiden

Raiden
Kai (if Liu is alive)
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Bo Rai Cho (If Liu is dead)

Earthrealm Fujin

Fujin
Kai (if Liu is dead)
Liu (if he's not)
Kenshi
Jarek

Bo Rai Cho (If Liu is alive)

Lin Kuei

Sektor
Cyrax

Outworld Mileena

Mileena
Baraka and the rest of the Tarkatan
Ermac
Reptile (Double Agent)

Outworld Reiko

Reiko
Tanya (Double Agent)
Li Mei
Rain
Sheeva and the rest of the Shokan

Netherealm

Shinnok
Quan Chi
Scorpion
Drahmin
Moloch
Ashrah
Sareena
The MK9 Fallen

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang
1. Shinnok
2. Fujin
3. Tanya
4. Blaze
5. Nitara
6. Ashrah
7. Reiko
8. Hotaru
9. Shujinko
10. Li Mei
11. Sareena
12. Havik
13. Drahmin
14. Moloch
15. Onaga
16. Blaze
17. Taven
18. Daegon

14 reoccuring characters (from mk9)

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Returning from MK9
All except Sheeva, Noob, Sindel, and Freddy Krueger/Kratos...

New from MK4-Deception
Kai
Tanya
Reiko
Fujin
Shinnok
Frost (if I didn't get a single new character other than her I would be fine... I like freezing things and CSZ is boring.)
Bo Rai Cho
Havik
Ashrah

Then after that they should make a new 4 or 5 chracters.

Also I realize my list includes somehow having a human Sub Zero. I don't really care what sort of bizarre story twist causes it to happen but I want it because as I said above I like freezing things and CSZ is boring.

true mk players never accept those stupid intruders.I mean who the hell is Hotaru?! from where did they came up with this character ? Darrius .. kira .. ashrah .. Li Mei .. hsu hao ... Nitara .. havik .. WTH !!!!.Are you guys serious ? wanna see characters that killed the series ? want it to die again ??? enough of bullshit ...:mad:

Reiko??? I think he better stay at Gotham city ...

the only characters that can perfectly fit in mk10 is what u guys accept from this list ( not out of it ) :

SHINNOK --- the only "must be there" character.And plz make him as cheap as cyrax .At least he deserves being cheap.

Tanya : I hate her.But I won't say it doesn't fit just cuz I hate her !.

BO Rai cho : I'm not sure if I liked him that much.But I used to play him in DA.He fits too.

Frost : mmmm .. well .. If ur gna make her as bad as sub, plz leave her alone ...

for me the chars that I really like to see in mk10 ( not in the list ) :

-I hope they make human sub zero and plzzzzzzzzzzz give him Ice shower with its 3 ranges
for god's sake !

- MY DREAM is that they get back poor motaro and make him playable ( we had no problem with kratos in mk9 ) so no need to give me weak excuses.He can be banned easily from tournies ( soo simple !! ) just get him BACK !!!!!:mad:

- CYBER SMOOOOOOOOKE !!!