What's new

New Block Infinite in MKX?

Should this be banned at TFC?

• Yes.

• No. Let it rock.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
quan isn't the only one that can do it. the overhead/low protection should just become wider, pseudo unblockables are dumb.
Quan is fine offline where you don't get five frames less of a chance to connect your 7f d1 against a 12f telegraphed overhead.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Just take the hit, dawwwwwwwg.

@StealthyMuffin @RedRaptor10

This is not a block infinite on characters with 8 Frames poke and higher. If you notice in the video the B21 2+4 ... the last hit ( 2+4 ) is being block while being CROUCHING. but if you block it while STANDING .. it will reduce the Recovery and you can POKE OUT OF IT.

Can you guys check this if its true or not

Takeda Should stay the why he is if its true

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
What fucking drugs are NRS on when they hatch a plan for these nerfs & buffs.

It's got to the point that I'm expecting this kinda bullshit after every patch now.

Oh & since my Liu Kang got hit I expect the same treatment here.

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
You can Ex out of it and REO jason has a shitty backdash coz shinnok can backdash out of that and remember lui kang had a "pseudo" block infinite which never even made him place top 8 unless flame fist zyphox....to be honest takeda needs it! I don't see anything broken with it anyway just Ex out of or let it rock or take the hit Dawg!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
With armor being the only option for some characters I think this needs to be toned down a little bit. He is not even wasting stamina and just builds hella meter with it, not to mention that most armored moves in the game are punisheable so it would be easy to bait and the guess is in his favor most of the times.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You can Ex out of it and REO jason has a shitty backdash coz shinnok can backdash out of that and remember lui kang had a "pseudo" block infinite which never even made him place top 8 unless flame fist zyphox....to be honest takeda needs it! I don't see anything broken with it anyway just Ex out of or let it rock or take the hit Dawg!
takeda needs something else, that has to go

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
What fucking drugs are NRS on when they hatch a plan for these nerfs & buffs.

It's got to the point that I'm expecting this kinda bullshit after every patch now.

Oh & since my Liu Kang got hit I expect the same treatment here.
I HIGHLY doubt this was intended when they implemented it. I hate NRS more than anyone, they are an absolutely and undebatably terrible company. However this is not the sort of hate they deserve - oversights like this are inevitable and so far have been all patched out.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I HIGHLY doubt this was intended when they implemented it. I hate NRS more than anyone, they are an absolutely and undebatably terrible company. However this is not the sort of hate they deserve - oversights like this are inevitable and so far have been all patched out.
Surely when they give all these buffs out they should test them out thoroughly & then release them.

If it wasnt fine for liu kang to have it then it shouldnt be fine for takeda to have this too. The funny thing is this doesn't even require stamina.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
With armor being the only option for some characters I think this needs to be toned down a little bit. He is not even wasting stamina and just builds hella meter with it, not to mention that most armored moves in the game are punisheable so it would be easy to bait and the guess is in his favor most of the times.
If he tries to bait out a special move and you read that he's going to stop because he's baiting it, then the pressure stops and you can start your pressure of create some space between you both.

And so the meta thickens...

Surely when they give all these buffs out they should test them out thoroughly & then release them.
It is possible that they have extensively tested the patch, only to not listen to the feedback from the game testers due to the deadline. It happens all the time in game development.

It might not even be NRS who is responsible for this, but instead the holder of the purse strings. Look at this year's other big WB release; Arkham Knight. The game came out months ago, and the PC patch was released only this week. Rocksteady knew that the PC port was unplayable, but were forced by WB to release it. For all we know, limited money is going into these patches and NRS lack the resource to test the patch fully and repair the fixes. After all, the patches are free, and shareholders/investors would rather NRS focused their time on premium content, like skins and characters.

NRS will never admit to wrong doing though, for fear that the bad publicity will turn people away. I'd actually respect the honesty, but then that's just me...

Edit: Only after posting this did I realise it was you I was replying to. Hi mate!

Last edited:
Reactions: SPY

I GOT HANDS

It took half a week for the playerbase of millions of players worldwide to discover this. It's ok for niche things like this to slip under the radar and get ironed out afterwards. We should rag on NRS for the non accidental stupidity they never fail to include. Mileena nerfs and QC buffs in the same patch people.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
It took half a week for the playerbase of millions of players worldwide to discover this. It's ok for niche things like this to slip under the radar and get ironed out afterwards. We should rag on NRS for the non accidental stupidity they never fail to include. Mileena nerfs and QC buffs in the same patch people.
Don't forget the Cryo buff, 48% combo for 2 bars, the easiest combo in the game.

Anyway, when the next patch hits expect some1 else to get the 'buffed stupidity' treatment & Quan to be left alone again :(

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This is not a block infinite on characters with 8 Frames poke and higher.
This is why it's good to have a huge roster of characters which are all overperforming or underperforming.
They can make a LOT of money and don't have to worry about actual contemporary development quality or anything nonsensical like that.

Man, I can't wait for SFV and KI on PC

I GOT HANDS

Don't forget the Cryo buff, 48% combo for 2 bars, the easiest combo in the game.

Anyway, when the next patch hits expect some1 else to get the 'buffed stupidity' treatment & Quan to be left alone again :(
Wait you think that makes Cryo OP? That's really not that crazy for 2 bars at all especially for a character with like no meter building outside successful connects

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Wait you think that makes Cryo OP? That's really not that crazy for 2 bars at all especially for a character with like no meter building outside successful connects
Getting 48% from 2 bars off of a 50\50 isn't OP? Oh & its probably the easiest combo you'll see in the game to boot.

JDM

Noob
It's nowhere near a "block infinite" after testing. Not only is there a GAP in it (ya know, the definition of something not being an infinite), you can armor or backdash out. After the F12+4 blade recall you can backdash out for free midscreen (you may get clipped by the second hit of the B2 string but not the entire string). And that was with Jason's terrible backdash. Some characters get out completely for free. Reptile does and his backdash is terrible. (nope retested, nvm)

The pressure is good but this kind of stuff existed before he was buffed, I don't want TYM to look at bottom tier characters now that they have been buffed and think their shit is "broken" now. (Look at the deceptive reptile armor thread.... had it since day 1). I'm not sure if this has existed pre patch though. Frame data might be different.

And if they are not on frame you can jump out relatively easily, of course this is a read and a guess but that's what happens when someone is +on block.

Ronin takeda is good but this is nowhere broken enough to result in a ban imo.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Getting 48% from 2 bars off of a 50\50 isn't OP? Oh & its probably the easiest combo you'll see in the game to boot.
Easy has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you can get it 10/10 it makes no difference competitively to a different character whose harder combos you can also get 10/10.

Freaking Kenjutsu gets 48% for 2 bars off a 50/50, and he has far better meterbuilding neutral than Cryo

This is not OP bro. Hell it's not even enough to make me swap from GM to Cryo. Variation is playable now, not OP

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Easy has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you can get it 10/10 it makes no difference competitively to a different character whose harder combos you can also get 10/10.

Freaking Kenjutsu gets 48% for 2 bars off a 50/50, and he has far better meterbuilding neutral than Cryo

This is not OP bro. Hell it's not even enough to make me swap from GM to Cryo. Variation is playable now, not OP
So jip into 50\50 into 48% damage with corner carry & it stands him right next to you for another 50\50 isn't OP? That on top of everything else he has makes him OP to me. I also think this of every 50\50 character that does massive damage.