What's new

Question Need help With that little Harley Quinzell

Hi everyone, I decided to pick up Harley but having a really hard time with her. Maybe I'm using her wrong but I don't know maybe you'll answer me I have some questions.

1. How do you pressure with her ? I'm having a really hard time getting in putting pressure with blockstrings they alway seems to run or get out. I just can't stay in the face of my opponent. As an example when there jumping like crazy.

2. What do you guys do against those annoying jumpers ? I feel she's totally free to Jump in, I haven't found a decent anti air. Tried her air gun = Too slow I get punish every time or her D2 isn't reliable at all.

3. What combo do you use when you connect an air to air J2

4. Whats the most damaging combo starting from a B3 and F3 ?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I seem to have discovered that Harley Quinn has what are probably the best overhead low mixups in the game, primarily because of her tantrum stance, and low and overhead starters, that come off of ranged moves.
A person that tries to block against Harley will collapse eventually---- and, if they somehow survive, she's safe to escape using the rolls in tantrum stance. She's also un-punishable off of most tantrum stance moves, and gains BIG damage off of tantrum stance into overhead cartwheel.
She can also end her combos with the silly slide, as silly slide can be cancelled into. The silly slide is essentially reptile's elbow dash from MK9, in that it covers a gargantuan range, over a short time- allowing for godlike mobility when combined with her BEST FORWARD DASH recovery in the game.
I also have problems against jumpers, and my combos aren't yet maximized, especially off of air to airs.
Her F3 is slow... People might be able to fuzzy guard it if you cancel into F3 off of a low, which would be the only way I think it would work.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Jumpers - not so much to deal with it like in AA... But escape and counter. Try dashing under jumpers (you do have a command dash) and counter.. It's a reverse cross up :)

piemaster

mortal hater
Hi everyone, I decided to pick up Harley but having a really hard time with her. Maybe I'm using her wrong but I don't know maybe you'll answer me I have some questions.

1. How do you pressure with her ? I'm having a really hard time getting in putting pressure with blockstrings they alway seems to run or get out. I just can't stay in the face of my opponent. As an example when there jumping like crazy.

2. What do you guys do against those annoying jumpers ? I feel she's totally free to Jump in, I haven't found a decent anti air. Tried her air gun = Too slow I get punish every time or her D2 isn't reliable at all.

3. What combo do you use when you connect an air to air J2

4. Whats the most damaging combo starting from a B3 and F3 ?
i still havent quite got my pressuring down yet, but i do love using d1 TS

as for AA, J2 is her best option, and after her J2 hits i just go for 3 play doctor, does 20% and leaves them standing

D

Deleted member 9158

Go to training mode and choose Harley as your opponent. Turn the AI on very hard. Watch how she pressures you.

That's a good starting point.
that is a fantastic idea, I can't believe I hadn't thought of it

D

Deleted member 9158

I've been having a lot of difficulty with her pressure system as well and I refuse to give up on this character. But as for anti airs, her standing 1 works sometimes as it has okay range and is only 6 frames. but her J2 is probably your best bet since it's got huge range.

but her offence seems to be completely set around her silly dash being cancelled into tantrum stance, followed by any of the three ways you can go about pressure afterwards. Something cool I've been tinkering with is:

J2, B22, TS 1, B3, J2 F1 2, and then TS 2. Kind of cool little set up. You could go into another cartwheel if you wanted instead. Thoughts?