What's new

Question - Reptile Need Help With Reptile Mixups and overal game!

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Ok i am having a hard time with all variations with Reptile...

i have a 25% meterless combo with him starting with (forward+412) ending with=Dash, 212, slide)

my mix ups i found so far that i feel are safe are:

• Forward+4,12
  • back+3
  • Back+3,4
  • Back+1,down+4
  • Back+2- into - forward+2,1
i also found that most combos can be canceled into his (down-back~2)slash)

maybe he is to fast for me, or his dashes confuse me, but i feel i can't get the momentum to hit confirm into his slide/dash/slow-fast ball.

i should note that i'm a turtle, and hang on to meter for long periods of time, and generally try to not use meter in combos unless 1 bar gives me 42+%.

maybe thats my problem?

Any Tips?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
f4,12 into reptile dash, 21 then f4,12.
Or f21,1+3

b2 into f12,1+3
b3,4 are basically your knock down game and mix up combos.

the second hit on f4,12 is a over head you can try for a over head low with the slide after it.

You can sometimes pressure people with 21 because it's neutral on block. Go for a f4,12 after it since it's like 9frames?

Your force ball allows these combos to happen more for your opponent has to eat what you throw at him or try to avoid it. Both can offer combos but they will sometimes armor through. Ex. f4,12 force ball is good against most characters unless they have a slide. And sometimes teleport.

This character is very meter reliant. But don't go for extra 5% or so. Aim for atleast a 10% increased dmg if you do. You'll usually get 13-23 dmg on average if you use meter you can get 27-33 ish.
Using no meter is sorta fine because his slow force ball and basilisk set ups are nice.

You can option select all of his unsafe stuff pretty much though.

If you have any more questions please do because I know I didn't cover everything you might need help with. I'm just trying to help

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Also try to end most combos with f4,12 because then you can force ball, dash for a knock down game. If you end with 14 you can get a basilisk out. f4,12 ending with noxious gas or invisibility is also just as good. The slide I never do as a ender because I'd rather set up for more dmg

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Is there a compilation of his OSs, somewhere? I know he can confirm like a bowss, but I'm wondering what his actual, legit option selects are.
He can option select pretty much every move if that's what your asking. f4,12 force ball mb. Then bb, Ff, down down. Then block. These are basically just so your safe and don't do something that will get you punished. Every character has these to my knowledge I just started using them with reptile recently

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Is there a compilation of his OSs, somewhere? I know he can confirm like a bowss, but I'm wondering what his actual, legit option selects are.
Its also not just f4,12 it's basically every string into every special I just threw those out their for example

MadeOfMetal

how small is his window on button confirm lake 14frames? or what are we working with here?

MadeOfMetal

also a little off topic but: is anyone having problems with thier PS4 controllers,

specifically the R2 trigger, 3 of mine are toast only work half the time:(

does anyone have a fix to the problem?

a better question would be, Does trigger stops.... fix the trigger from breaking.

basically its getting expensive to buy protection for each controller, and lets not get started with when i send to playstation, takes a month to get back and they charge shipping, every time:(

Method

Full Combo Punishable
I've heard several reports of this. There was a thread on it at one point which suggested rebinding block to R1, to avoid using the apparently fragile R2. I did so and I feel it's MUCH better than R2. More responsive. I can pull off D'vorah wasp cancels more consistently with R1 block, for instance.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

ohh snap ...forgot.. thank you it is much better. the bumper registers way better.

thanks for the tip

Last edited: