What's new

Need a little help with Reptile...

I'm trying to learn Reptile. I know his beasty combos, but getting close enough to the enemy to land the 122 slow acid ball is tough, since he's so slow and they always block. Are there any good options to get close to the enemy fast and get them to lower their block to start the 122 slow acid string? Thanks ahead of time :)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Getting in with Reptile isn't the easiest thing to do but a good method to try to learn is the whiff elbow dash. By this I mean you are far enough away to do the elbow dash and not hit your opponent so you are free to jump in punch. Hope this helps. To see what rep is capable of I suggest going to youtube and searching THTB Reptile. Hes a beast!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
You've gotta use elbow dash as a mobility tool, Reptile's actual dash is crap, but he's by no means slow he's easily the fastest character once you get used to him. His ex-slide is very, very good as well.

As stated above "use elbow dash as a mobility tool" and also try throwing a quick EX slow forceball on the screen and elbow dashing in ahead of it... This usually causes your opponent to block...you can then go into block strings, throw, or etc...

Thanks guys. I refused to use Reptile before the Klassic Costume DLC, because they graped his design in the mouth. Now that I'm using him, I can say that he's really good.

Also, I don't know why people add the X-Ray to huge combos. Example: 122 slow acid, 32 fast acid, 321 xray. It doesn't even add 10% damage. I would rather use slide instead of X-ray, then do the slow acid, fast acid, xray. That's 35% damage, if memory serves. The combo minus xray is 37%(?). With it it's 44%. It just blows my mind.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I conserve his meter for ex-slides, slow forceballs and his x-ray since it's ridiculously safe. Use his x-ray to punish projectile spammers and if you hit them with a forceball. Don't bother with using his meter for strings, not worth it, at all.

Some people like to use his meter for ex invisibility for the damage boost but I don't genuinely see the point in that considering that they're going to start freaking out and spamming projectiles to get you out of it...one hit even on block and your invisibility is gone. To each their own.

His default does suck, but his secondary costume isn't half bad imo. Reptile's the only classic outfit I actually want so meh...I'm just gonna save my $5. Don't mind the alternate.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Buying the klassic costumes for me feels like I just bought a new game. His classic look is just too awesome plus the additional fatality. Considering this was going for 80 bucks on ebay, 5 bucks for 7 skins and 3 fatalities is very reasonable IMO

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
haha i'm glad i wasn't the only one who freaked out when i got klassic reptile..... it's da shiz! and as for TC, the 122 forceball start isn't always a bad option, but if you utilize the elbow dash to close the distance and you jump-in punch, you can follow up with 2, forceball, 3, 2, forceball, 3, 2, 1, slide string. also, if people are blocking a lot, you can end a combo with a slide to get the low, OR with reptilian hand for the overhead/push them back so you can be safe on block. i think there's some threads around with more tips here and there. look through the reptile section...... i felt i got a little better after i watched the winner of that montreal tournament who did it with reptile. he was gooooooood.