What's new

NEC 16 MKX Top 8 is Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Jupiter lost to reos goro yesterday.
Me:damn man you still did good

Him:thanks bro,im always in losers,its ok, im not losing anymore, im getting too 8.

And proceeds to beat foxygrampa, djt, then hayatei. All after taking a break from mk for college. Dude has caused too many upsets lol. Best jax hands down imo.if only he competed more.

trufenix

bye felicia
Trying to keep up with this via mobile yesterday was a nightmare, can somebody give me a tl;dr of what is actually available to watch on what channels / service / whatever?

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Top 8 predictions:

Winners:

Burger King beats Sonic Fox
Slayer beats Michaelangelo

Winners final: Slayer beats Burger King

Losers:

MIT beats Jupiter
REO beats Dragon

Michaelangelo beats REO
Sonic Fox beats MIT

Sonic Fox beats Michaelangelo

Losers final: Sonic Fox beats Burger King

Grand final: Slayer beats Sonic Fox

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
YOMI Michaelangelo(Quan Chi-Summoner) vs YOMI Slayer(Kung Lao-Tempest, Shaolin Kung Jin)
YOMI Burger King(Kung Lao-Tempest) vs cR Sonic Fox(Tanya- Kobu Jitu, Kitana-Royal Storm, Erron Black-Gunslinger, Outlaw)

Loser's:
YOMI MIT(Tanya-Kobu Jutsu) vs Emperor Jupiter(Jax-Wrestler)
cR Dragon(Tanya-Kobu Jutsu) vs YOMI REO(HQT Predator- Goro-Warrior)

3 Kobu Jitsu Tanyas
1 Wrestler Jax
2 Tempest Lao
1 Summoner Quan
1 hqt
1 Goro

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
YOMI Michaelangelo(Quan Chi-Summoner) vs YOMI Slayer(Kung Lao-Tempest, Shaolin Kung Jin)
YOMI Burger King(Kung Lao-Tempest) vs cR Sonic Fox(Tanya- Kobu Jitu, Kitana-Royal Storm, Erron Black-Gunslinger, Outlaw)

Loser's:

3 Kobu Jitsu Tanyas
1 Wrestler Jax
2 Tempest Lao
1 Summoner Quan
1 hqt
1 Goro

I'm curious how many "one of these things is not like the other" jokes you have on reserve.

kageman

Noob
Trying to keep up with this via mobile yesterday was a nightmare, can somebody give me a tl;dr of what is actually available to watch on what channels / service / whatever?
There are 2 streams to watch archives of. Team Spooky has the winner bracket matches. Watch the last broadcast and go towards the end. Kombat Network twitch has the loser bracket (and money matches) that happened. I watched the loser bracket first because it was quite interesting. There is a periscope video of the jason match vs Foxy Granpa but that is of shitty quality and is posted in this thread.

i have 0 reserve - when i see something and something spurts thought i go and get and post
Don't stop it's hilarious. I like all your posts haha.

Marvaz

come at me
That loser's bracket debacle of having DJT and Foxy play when they weren't supposed to and then throwing out the result in order to fix the error looks really bad. I'm not bashing the tourney, DJT, or Foxy, and it was amazing as a viewer, but how did an error so drastic like that occur?

I think that's something that really needs to be looked at so it never happens again. That could have thrown off the whole tournament.
Wait what the hell? This really happened? What were the specifics on this very curious. Also anyone know why Tom was moved out of pool 8 only to have zyphox replace his spot there, doesn't make any sense lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Loser's:

3 Kobu Jitsu Tanyas
1 Wrestler Jax
2 Tempest Lao
1 Summoner Quan
1 hqt
1 Goro

Not to be picky but Reo was playing Tigrar Fury goro.

are you talking about goro or Tanya...serious question.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I would think the majority are rooting for Jupiter just because having a Jax in top 8 compared to the other high/top tier characters (Jax is high but not like Tanya high. Notice I didn't say top) is refreshing and exciting. I would love to see him place top 4 at least, he deserves it and has worked very hard.

Expect some sort of counterpicking in Top 8 today!

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I would think the majority are rooting for Jupiter just because having a Jax in top 8 compared to the other high/top tier characters (Jax is high but not like Tanya high. Notice I didn't say top) is refreshing and exciting. I would love to see him place top 4 at least, he deserves it and has worked very hard.

Expect some sort of counterpicking in Top 8 tomorrow!
Tomorrow? Top 8 is in a little under 4 and a half hours. =P

Killusion

Stream addict
My top 8 predictions:

Winners:
Slayer beats Michaelangelo
Burger King beats Sonic Fox

Winners Final:
Slayer beats Burger King

Losers:
Jupiter eliminates MIT
Dragon eliminates REO