What's new

NDC: Where Were You?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's funny to look back and see Kabals tearing it up early without the tools we consider to be staples of his arsenal (NDC pressure , iAGB streams, and Flash Parry). Michaelangelo was onto some of it after a while, but in the earlier tournaments he and Online Tony were only using about 30% of Kabal's potential.

While the block infinite was out I remember both Eric Warda and Michelangelo did not use it (at least at ECT)

Oh and I was at ECT3, my very first tournament, losing to Eric
I beat eric and youre right about him not using it. But Michelangelo did use it and he won that tournament.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
@michaelangelo

LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID.

also does anyone else here actually like fighting against Kabal? I mean like you can still play footsies and make reads on him and stuff. It's not like you're fighting against Kenshi or Sonya with their....shenanigans
GuamoKun slapping tym with dat trooooth

usbigboy

You weren't on frame bro
There was a guy online named bison weapon that would only do f32 NDC and I couldn't do anything

SZSR

Noob
@michaelangelo

LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID.

also does anyone else here actually like fighting against Kabal? I mean like you can still play footsies and make reads on him and stuff. It's not like you're fighting against Kenshi or Sonya with their....shenanigans
I don't mind Kabal too much...

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
We found out about the block infinite at PowerUp. Tom made a video showing how to get out of the f32 infinite, which was the only one people knew of. Oh, good lord, if only people were aware of the others back then lol.

People knew about the Sonya one, too.
sonya had a block infinite??

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I started playing with Smoke and right after seeing Michaelangelo's tournament played I knew I found my new Main back then, started to explore the character.

Started to dominate on local tournaments but never really used NDC Infinite.
It was wall based on NDC pressure and IAGB's with heavy zoners. After two years of maining Kabal i moved to Skarlet. Barely ever need him as counter pick.

It's funny to look back and see Kabals tearing it up early without the tools we consider to be staples of his arsenal (NDC pressure , iAGB streams, and Flash Parry). Michaelangelo was onto some of it after a while, but in the earlier tournaments he and Online Tony were only using about 30% of Kabal's potential.

I can't wait to figure out some great tech in MKX! I wanna test my skills against the best once again.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I can't wait to figure out some great tech in MKX! I wanna test my skills against the best once again.
Just a heads up, if you log in again in the near future, a mod may have changed your username to "theghostofmichaelangelo". Nothing personal.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I knew about it and lost to Michaelangelo at Revelations... but not to NDC pressure, just to Kabal. I literally had never played against Kabal before that and I got beat by simple shit and full screen zoning XD

I couldn't train against it either because MK9 training mode is shit.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
@michaelangelo

LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID.

Kabal is my favorite MU lol.

And I knew Kabal was dumb but after seeing REO use NDC pressure at Devastation against Mr. mileena (my first time seeing it), that was when I knew shit was gonna get real.