What's new

NBA Jam is OUT NOW on ALL consoles!!

Kaiba

Noob
NBA Jam coming back???

Wii exclusive? :(

I'd live with that if the original and TE come to XBL

Also WTF?
We had already finished making 'NBA Jam' when Drazen Petrovic died," said Turmell. "The game had already shipped and he was on the Nets. So we had all of these coin-op machines around, and one night we were playing 'Mortal Kombat' and there was a 'Jam' machine next to it, and all of a sudden the game started calling out 'Petrovic! Petrovic!' And this only happened after Petrovic had died. Everyone started freaking out. Something weird was going on with the software, and to this day, if you have an original 'NBA Jam' machine every once in a while it will just yell out 'Petrovic!' It's wild."

Tim Static

Adminerator
NBA Jam coming back???

ScheissNussen said:
I really don't see why it isn't a priority. Seems like easy money to me.
Couldnt agree more. SONY is bad with this too, re-releasing (sometimes bad) PS1 ports of games without netplay. makes no fucking sense. Why would someone want to buy SF Alpha 1 or 2, which are not only not the best way to play the games but $7 a piece with NOOOO Netplay when you can get on 2df or just DL mame and get all these ROMS (which are the BEST versions of the games) WITH NETPLAY!!!!!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
NBA Jam coming back???

I reserved NBA JAM for the Wii today @ work. There is no official street date, but our computer has the dummy date as 12-31-2010. Still, i was the first person lol :D

NBA Jam coming back???

They need to make this happen for PS3 new or port with online! Damn this was the second game I tracked down after finiding out about MAME for the first time.

NBA Jam is back; on the Wii and NOW 360 & PS3 (allbeit a nasty catch!)

I want that game if it makes it on ps3. I use to play that in the arcades and on my SEGA Genesis.

Tim Static

Adminerator

IceyTruth said:
Thats ridiculous. I've never heard of releasing a demo on a console that u can't actually buy the full version on....and on top of that the demo is on another game!

Lame!
its very lame but its not a demo you get, you are getting 3/4 of a game, with only the classic remix part of the Jam only on the Wii version. Its lame because the EA sports NBA games have been SHIT ever since 2k started making theirs in 2000 (well 1999 actually)

wow, my dreams are now shattered. I will just have to forget this ever existed until it comes out on PSN in it's full mode

Tim Static

Adminerator

Vassago187 said:
wow, my dreams are now shattered. I will just have to forget this ever existed until it comes out on PSN in it's full mode
i dont think they will ever put it on PSN or XBLA in "full mode" but remember, the Wii version doesnt have netplay so technically, this is the best version. :)

woah, i've never even heard of that! seems like acclaim is dropping the ball big time in the marketing dept!

Tim Static

Adminerator

ScheissNussen said:
Yeah I kinda thought that was the reason lol.
One of the best things about NBA Jam is that it brings gamers from every genre together to fuck off and game if only for fun and few games do that (Mario Kart.... and...?). So if you don't hear about it then it probably isn't a good release.

I really wish they didn't *$*#*@* this release like they did because it looks good.
I'm probably gonna get it on Wii since they are being *^*!*'s about it.
Well if you do pre-order NBA Elite 2011 from Gamestop and get the code, use it and trade the game back in (or leave the code in the case) and try to coax your way into getting your money back or just straight up trade it in for the $20-$30 you may get, it would be cheaper than the Wii version but come with net play, which the Wii version doesnt have. regardless, talk to me first about this ;)

Tim Static

Adminerator
NBA Jam is OUT NOW on the Wii; 360 and PS3 before holidays

game is fuckin awesome. definitely a classic controller game if your gonna play the Wii version until the 360/PS3 version is released. only complaint is the graphics so far. looks like shit, even on a 46" LED :(