What's new

Myth or not? MKT for DC

dreemernj

Ambassador
There are copies of a game floating around referred to as Mortal Kombat Trilogy [PSX port] for the Dreamcast. I have never heard anything about it so my first thought is, it's bogus. But, at the same time, the Dreamcast could emulate a PSX pretty damn well, and it seems like something somebody could hack together.

It seems feasible, and would probably beat playing MKT on the PS2, especially if loading times are improved. If anyone has any info please post it as I keep an eye out for something to try out.

ZAQ

Noob
I saw this on an iso site and got the poster to repost it.
I have yet to test it seeing as how i dont have my dc cable.

From what I read on the post the intro music is messed up but the game plays flawlessly.

Gotta love BLEEM!

MKT_BLEEMED.part1.rar 95.7MB
MKT_BLEEMED.part2.rar 95.7MB
MKT_BLEEMED.part3.rar 95.7MB
MKT_BLEEMED.part4.rar 58.2MB

MKT_DC.mdf 550MB

The game loads up to the BLEEM! intro screen for me in Chankcast, then crashes. It may be due to the PAL bios that I am using though. I'll take another look at it at a later time.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I remember seeing BLEEM! for sale at Babbages in the mall years ago.

I have played the bleem port of MKT for my Dreamcast on my Dreamcast. IT IS HORRIBLE and not worth the download times. The game is too fucking glitchy. If you go to snesorama the thread about it says the majority of glitches are in the opening fmv sequence. WRONG unless of course you like copy and paste characters on a background. Thats what it looks like, There is a straight vertical line that follows your character no matter where you go, when you do autocombos the characters become distorted looking.

Thats about as far as I got, i checked it out for like 5 minutes and now it collects dust.

yea, you want the red disc version of MKG which fixed the char glitches in it... like picking Noob's 3rd costume which reset the dreamcast.