What's new

My UMK9 or MK10

My MK10 available October 2014 - April 2015

I’d be happy if the NRS Team would just upscale the graphics to 1080p on MK9 and add onto the amazing game they already made.( less work for the team)

MODES

Arcade Ladder with options just like Injustice( Endurance, Good, Evil ETC.)
Tag Team 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3
Challenge Tower
Story Mode Just have MK9 and add the Chapters that tell the story of Shinnock
Training similar to Killer Instinct’s Dojo
Krypt With secret fights Unlock once you unlock 100, 300, 500, 666 and 1000 Coffins etc.
Motor Kombat, Chess Kombat or Puzzle Kombat
Theater
Kreate a Fighter
Kustomize

GAME PLAY

ADD 1 NEW Shadow Extreme X-Ray (More cinematic like Super Moves)
ADD Hari Kari
ADD Animalitie's can only be done during 3rd round
ADD Brutalities
ADD Classic or NEW Fatality for everyone (3 total Fatalities)
ADD Vignettes plays when you pick your fighter in Ladder Mode
ADD more Secret Fights Blaze (In Hell) Montaro (can’t do X-Ray, throws or Fatality verse him)
ADD a new mini game Torture Wheel
ADD on to the Krypt include all Vignette’s Alt Costumes and DLC Bonus Ninja Mime Video
ADD a Character Trait
ADD Alternate taunt at the beginning of the Fight and Winning phrase
ADD a 3rd Round Weapon that drops in to sway the Battle
Chapter Select in Story Mode
Personalized dialogue between certain fighters
Frame Data available through move lists
Kombat Kodes
IMPORT/EXPORT all Characters (Including DLC) Updated Arenas and Modes from MK 9

FINISHERS

3 Fatalities 2 Classic 1 NEW Example Kung Lao Both Fatalities from MK9 and a NEW Fatality
1 Hari Kari
1 Animality
1 Brutality
1 Babality

Stage Fatalities with options Example the Pit Press Down, Down, Down X to knock off onto Spikes or Press Down, Down, Down A to land on Rock AKA MKII

KREATE A FIGHTER

Build your fighter with other fighter’s attributes, moves and Finishers from the game

Pick Male/Female
Pick Body Type
Pick a Character Trait
Pick a Projectile (can change color)
Pick a Throw
Pick a Kick Special Move
Pick a Punch Special Move
Pick a Teleport
Pick a X-Ray Move
Pick a Shadow Extreme X-Ray
Pick 3 Fatalities
Pick a Hari Kari
Pick a Animality
Pick a Brutality
Pick a Babality
Pick an Ending from someone in game

CHARACTERS

Halfway through Story Mode you can free the Soles of the Dammed ( Everyone that Sindel Killed in MK9)
New and returning characters Tanya, Reiko, Fujin, Havik, Bo Rai Cho, Sareena, Blaze, Taven , 4 NEW & 6 DLC
• Scorpion
• Liu Kang
• Kung Lao
• Sindel
• Ermac
• Reptile Can play as Lizard
• Kitana
• Johnny Cage
• Jade
• Mileena
• Nightwolf Can play in Wolf form
• Cyrax Can play as Human
• Noob Saibot
• Smoke Can play as Robot
• Sektor Can play as Human
• Sonya Blade
• Jax Briggs
• Kano
• Kurtis Stryker
• Shang Tsung
• Baraka
• Kabal
• Raiden
• Sheeva
• Quan Chi
• Skarlet
• Rain
• Freddy Krueger
• Kratos (Playable in PlayStation version)
• Fulgore (Playable in the Xbox version)
• Shao Kahn (Unlocked after beating Story Mode)
• Shinnock (Unlocked after beating Arcade Mode)

CUSTOMIZE COSTUMES

(Everyone has at least 4 with and are customizable similar to Killer Instinct)
Scorpion (MK9, MK:DA, MK:D and MK1)
Head - Flaming Skull, MK1, MK:DA, MK9
Body - Spiked shoulder Pads, MK9, MK1, MK:DA
Weapon - MK9, MK:DA, MK:D Flaming Sword
Feet - MK9, MK:DA, MK:D, Skeleton
For some character like Sub Zero it could play with an altered move set
• Sub-Zero (Cyber Sub-Zero, Frost)
• Nightwolf in Wolf form he would play similar to Saberwolf from KI

ARENAS

Character Specific Killer Instinct is doing it (2 Characters per Arena Example Hell Scorpion & Blaze)
Knock threw Arenas AKA stage Transitions
Stage Weapon that drops in to start the 3rd Round
Classic Arena’s Portal, Kombat Tomb, Neathership(Interior and Deck), Slaughter House, Prison, Ying Yang, Sky Temple ect.
Add Stage Fatalities to the Bell Tower, Rooftop, Armory, Goro’s Lair, Shao Kahn’s Throne Room ect.
Intractable Objects toned down a bit from Injustice
Weather elements Rain, Snow, Wind
Day and Night options for every out door stage
Stage Transitions (Definitely toned down)
Cinematic Stage Fatalities similar to Stage Transitions in Injustice

Example of a upgrade for the Armory

Stage Fatality - knock your opponent into the Dragon making a gong sound then as the burn and scream on the hot coals the Dragon falls and crushes them.

Intractable's - Grab your opponent and burn there face on the hot coals located on the far corners

Stage Transition - Knock your opponent onto a piece of metal one of the guys in the background is pounding on. Catapulting you up into Khans Throne Room

DLC

6 Characters, Costumes 3 - 6 Arenas and if the add Motor Kombat New tracks

Would you buy it?

Matix218

Get over here!
NRS will not make an updated MK9, there would be no money in it for them. Even if they added a ton of content, fixed all of the MK9 bugs/issues, added characters and new gameplay mechanics etc it would not sell to the masses, only the hardcore MK(9) guys would buy it.

The casuals who probably account for 99% of the games total sales only want a "new game". They don't want updates to old games. The Capcom formula (SF4-SSF4-SSF4AE, SSF42012AE, etc) does not work in the world of casuals. Casuals see this as a company being cheap and trying to sell them the same product a second (or third or fourth) time.

While hardcore players/FGC members obviously understand the value of fixing/updating/adding to an already strong game the causal gaming community will not embrace this philosophy and will not give their hard earned $60 for a game that they feel they already bought once.

IMO the MK franchise more-so than other fighting game franchises really relies on the sales from the casual gamers (who are looking to be briefly entertained by blood/gore/fatalities/x-rays).

If you took all of your above ideas and just had NRS add a whole new story and call it MK10 or MKX or something it would probably sell, but if it really is just a massive update for MK9 the reviewers from the general media (GI, IGN, etc) would blast NRS for having it be too similar to the last game which would also hurt sales on the casual gamer side (because LBSH, they dont care about a technically perfect/tournament competitive fighting game, they just want a NEW gaming experience)

Thats what I think at least.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't want interactables in MK10, but I DO want to see oldschool stage transitions but like Injustice in a way.

But MK 10 I'm sure will have MK 9 stuff and then some.

Also, don't know about anyone else but I don't like the neutral jump punch.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Matix218 that's why it shouldn't be released for full-price. Maybe do what Capcom did with SSFIV and allow it to be a DLC add-on for those with an existing copy and charge like 15-20 bucks for it.

Matix218

Get over here!
Matix218 that's why it shouldn't be released for full-price. Maybe do what Capcom did with SSFIV and allow it to be a DLC add-on for those with an existing copy and charge like 15-20 bucks for it.
I would be all over that obviously (as I am sure you and a bunch of other MK9 guys would be) but I just dont see NRS pouring any more effort into MK9 at this point. I am sure that their next project will be MK10 and it will be on a next gen platform (Xbone/PS4 etc).

Believe me, I would kill for a fixed and re-balanced "final" version of MK9, I still play MK9 all the time... but I know it is not going to happen and it is probably not even worth getting hopes up that an update like this would ever happen. The only hope of this is if some people within the community decide to crack open the code for MK9 PC and are able to make changes/fixes/re-balances as a community (similar to what the smash guys did with project-M).

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I would be all over that obviously (as I am sure you and a bunch of other MK9 guys would be) but I just dont see NRS pouring any more effort into MK9 at this point. I am sure that their next project will be MK10 and it will be on a next gen platform (Xbone/PS4 etc).

Believe me, I would kill for a fixed and re-balanced "final" version of MK9, I still play MK9 all the time... but I know it is not going to happen and it is probably not even worth getting hopes up that an update like this would ever happen. The only hope of this is if some people within the community decide to crack open the code for MK9 PC and are able to make changes/fixes/re-balances as a community (similar to what the smash guys did with project-M).
I think someone will eventually do it. It's been done with SFIV, so it's not a far stretch to expect it. It would mean the updated game would have to be played on a PC.

Matix218

Get over here!
I think someone will eventually do it. It's been done with SFIV, so it's not a far stretch to expect it. It would mean the updated game would have to be played on a PC.
Yeah I agree that could potentially happen. And I hope it does.

I will play it on PC or whatever hardware it is on if it means a final definitive version of MK9

Matix218

Get over here!
I don't want interactables in MK10, but I DO want to see oldschool stage transitions but like Injustice in a way.

But MK 10 I'm sure will have MK 9 stuff and then some.

Also, don't know about anyone else but I don't like the neutral jump punch.
I love the neutral jump punch personally, the one universal move that is completely useless in MK9 though is the neutral jump kick...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I love the neutral jump punch personally, the one universal move that is completely useless in MK9 though is the neutral jump kick...
As an Ermac player I have to disagree with the njk being useless, in corners I use it all the time in juggles lol but I do think both NJP and NJK's are more rarely used in the game.

I also wouldn't mind interactables IF they're not too much I guess. Injustice was fun I just don't want them turning MK into IJ know what I mean?

I wonder if they'll bring back MK 4 elements with picking up weapons etc

Matix218

Get over here!
As an Ermac player I have to disagree with the njk being useless, in corners I use it all the time in juggles lol but I do think both NJP and NJK's are more rarely used ;)

I also wouldn't mind interactables IF they're not too much I guess. Injustice was fun I just don't want them turning MK into IJ know what I mean?
I also play ermac and I agree the only time that i use NJK is in Ermac Corner combos linking it into telepunch lol.

Good point

Matix218

Get over here!
Not completely...since it stalls air momentum, you can sorta use it to float over projectiles.
That is very true, it does keep you in the air, I guess that would be a legitimate use for it. I just rarely use it

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I thought MK9 Komplete Edition was already UMK9? just like UMK3 they added Scorpion, Rain, Kitana ,Reptile, Mileena, Jade, Noob, Sub Zero Masked, Ermac, Cyber and Human Smoke which didnt have in MK3. Ifor like them to add MKT as an extra like they did in Armageddon in MK10 but thats highly unlikely since they are gonna say "Ahh just buy it on the PSN Store"

Lol @ umk9. I love the game as much as anybody here, but mk9 is done. There will be no update or patch and it will not be a main game at evo or any other majors. Mk10 is the only mk most people care about now.

I don't want them to release a patch for MK9 on the 360 or PS3 I want them to release MK10 for the Xbox One I just don't want to lose some of the awesomeness of MK9

K3DC

Noob
I just hope they "tweak" the cast, upgrade the netcode, add frame data and record/playblack to training mode, brutalities, and A SECTION THAT TELLS PLAYERS WHY CHARACTERS AND THEIR MOVES ARE THE WAY THEY ARE.

I wouldn't want a Create-a-Fighter. I don't see how that would work in competitive.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I believe that Boon knows well that MK9 needs that one final patch and I am sure that after 3 years of watching and exploring MK9 and Injustice they are capable of fixing it and I hope that one day they will sit down and fix it for good while they enjoy MK10 being best seller.
I would really like to see MK10 stunning effects and mk9 game play on PS4 - i bet we would ride that game for like forever.

On side note: Yesterday I went into a gaming club there people drink alcohol and play games (if they wish - for free) and believe it or not I am walking into 3 floor complex and I see MK ruining on SNS (some hacked version) MK3 on sega and MK9 being played above the BAR while people are drinking and laughing.
The franchise has its legacy and love I that is good reason to fix MK9 - the only question is when is that happen and on what basis.