What's new

My favorite character representives of MK9

Tetraspirit a baraka player deserves mention. I was looking up old videos and he had a great match against krayzie bone at ECT or NEC. He got a little salty afterward but it was a great match.

I completely forgot about gross for sektor. I keep making post about players I forgot but all the mkx anticipation keeps me looking up old matches. Gross seems pretty funny too. I hope a new scene emerges for mkx. People are getting better and better at streaming and I would like to see a gym all star stream. I hope online is viable like KI so the online tournaments and streams can be a bigger deal.

Hello everyone I have been going to TYM since 2011 when I got in to playing MK9 and was introduced to the fgc. I prefer to lurk in the forums but I wanted to share some great memories of MK9. Here is just a list of my favorite players and the characters they represented. I hope this post brings back good memories of those involved.
Scorpion: Slips my personal favorite. Creator of the void tech, KTP member and tekken legend. MIT I don't think anyone will forget his xray on Detroit ballin at evo. Scoot mc gee from vsm and red djnn where also fun to watch.
Liu Kang: Atl Redd, Denzell terry, and xblades. My god 88 too.
Kung Lao: Perfect legend, Forever king, Pboard player, and ECT Mcfly. The speed in which these guys play with is phenomenal. I just wish a blocked spin was more punishable.
Sub Zero: Tom Brady. Is comeback against forever king on his birthday and mirror match against denzell are probably my favorite Mk matches. Denzell, Marvas, and a vsm player who's name I forgot. (Mayberapzilla but I thought he played reptile). Fun fact gootecks also played subbie which I thought was funny. I hope their will be online adventures for mix.
Johnny Cage: Dizzy, Maxter, Curbo, foxy grand pa, and recently mike metroid. Also a shout out to Claude van stroke for bodying me in the only tournament I went to and keeping Mk alive at evo 2014.
Reptile: Chris G, Tyler lantern, showtime, Medina and cossner. I think aurto played reptile as well.
Smoke: tommy waffles, smokex, Aris, and kt smith
Noon Saibot: Hitosuara who was a entertaining commentator and Chris g and Brady. I think Rip also played noon.
Mileena: reo , pig of the hut, sonic fox, and death.
Kitanna: 16 bit, crazy Dominican, Mr mileena, konqur, and I think combo friend played the princess. Also revolver.
Cyrax: DJT, Maxter, crazier bone, tony t, winter warz, online tony and mustard.
Sektor: ikizzle, swift tom hanks, one of the domican brothers also played a great sektor and ketchup.( great job and challenge 300)
Cyber Sub: pig of the hut, REO, and Guamo kun. Their was also a Scottish player but his name escapes me.
Sonya: Riu 48. I rember when beat Brady in a money match at vsm. Sonic fox, death, and many other players had a pocket Sonya who they could use.
Kano: jt circus. I rember for a short time Kano's upball was hard to punish. Foxy and Brady also could use kano if they had too.
Sheeva: Jeremiah, digimon, and iam blackjames.
Stryker: Maxter, Vulcan hades, and mike metroid.
Baraka: somecuban guy and James Mk. I also think that gamer blake and another vsm player could use him (dragon eyes?)
Sindel: Dan Cock, Mr mileena, and the guy who commentated at evo 2012.
Scarlett: scar and crazy Dominican
Jax: CD Jr and tomulus's favorite Tyrant.
Jade: Krayzie bone, Mr mileena, and I have seen REO play her on stream.
Freddy: zoning master M2dave , darknatas, and dink.
Quan chi: Dink, under the mayo and an east coast player from vsm (pheerlice I think)
Kenshi: pig of the hut. In my opinion by far the best kenshi. Blackula and forever king also had great kenshi's.
Shang Tsung: Wound cowboy and Detroit ballin. I rember Alex Valle vs Detroit at evo 2011.
Ermac: lijoe, zaf, detroit, and slips.
Raiden: Jop, perfect legend, bwizz, gamer Blake, and k7.
Kabal: REO obviously. So many too mention and so many of our top players used kabal for a time (Pl, CDjr, Detroit, ect) Michaelangelo and eric warda for powerful in the beginning. Guys like soonk and kevo DA man from the mid west. Just so many good kabals. Can't forget K7 from KTP.
Night wolf: Big D and lord of the fly. The upset of cdjr at final found was godlike.
Rain: Cdjr at summer jam.
Best tournament for stream monsters : final found streamed by Medina.
I rember how the silent 1 and tom Brady show tried to help grow the scene and all the fun moments of KTP. It was show much fun learning how to play by watching the vsm, egp and gga streams. I hope this tread includes the mk9 greats who I left off and brings back good memories.

Thanks for the mention! ;)