What's new

"Must I Remind You Of My Superiority" -- Lex Luthor General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Character Biography --
A self-made man whose immeasurable intellect is always in conflict with his equally immeasurable ego, Lex Luthor is one of the world's most brilliant minds and most famous villains. From a young age, Lex utilized his almost unparalleled acumen to build himself a financial empire through hard work and dedication --but mainly through strategic use of intimidation, bribery and murder. Read More >
This is a general discussion thread -- So please, discuss, theorize, hypothesize here!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Lex looks interesting.
Wonder how his mines and his weird little robot drone work.

He seems to have the worlds slowest command grab, it's like 8 billion frames. I'm not even sure if it is a grab, but it is ungodly slow.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Man, Lex is shaping up to be a beast! That aerial energy axe looks just as useful and powerful as Frank West's chainsaws. That delayed tracking laser was really awesome, and even his normals looked pretty solid. With that force field he can put up, I foresee Lex being an incredibly strong character from almost any position on the screen.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Man, Lex is shaping up to be a beast! That aerial energy axe looks just as useful and powerful as Frank West's chainsaws. That delayed tracking laser was really awesome, and even his normals looked pretty solid. With that force field he can put up, I foresee Lex being an incredibly strong character from almost any position on the screen.
So far he looks to be most vulnerable to high mobility rushdown. Super/WW/Nightwing/Harley/Catwoman/Batman/maybe Doomsday appear to be some tough matchups.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Story wise Lex is perfect for this game, I mean it's a universe where Lex Luthor is right, the big bad overpowered alien came down and enslaved the human race. I can understand why he looks a bit like the hero in some of the trailers...

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
This will be the first character I play in the demo, if it has MP I know everyone will probably play Batman and I gotta test out how good Lex's traps are.

Big Frog

Noob
Still not sure what to think of Sex Luthor. I keep thinking he's underrated, but can't tell if he's viable against rush chars. He's one of my main choices.

NKZero

Noob
Still not sure what to think of Sex Luthor. I keep thinking he's underrated, but can't tell if he's viable against rush chars. He's one of my main choices.
From what I've seen, if he doesn't have time to establish his zoning/trap game he can become overwhelmed. I don't think his armour is as useful as some of the other characters either. However once he controls the pace of a match he's a real problem. He needs to find a way to buy time and then he's set. I'm sure a better picture will be painted once the game is fully out and he's explored a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.