What's new

MTH's GL Matchup Chart

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
GL beats WW 6-4
GL's zoning is good but not that good because almost all of it can be parried or punished in some way. Air rockets that aren't done low to the ground are punishable by demigoddess, ground rockets are parry bait, and it's not that difficult to walk in if need be. Once Wonder Woman is in, even though b1 is really good, GL's options on block aren't very good. b13 puts you at negative frames, b13~trait is punishable on reaction by d1~spin, and b13~minigun puts you in a bad situation since her b1 will beat any button you press. MB minigun is your best option, but you don't have infinite meter and the chip is negligible anyway. You can do b13~lift, but that's obviously very risky. You could argue that you just shouldn't do b1 if it's going to be blocked, but then you aren't taking up space and it becomes much easier to get in. On wake-up WoWo has to respect lift so he's not completely screwed. Once Wonder Woman has a life lead and sits on it in shield it becomes very difficult for GL since most of his b1 options lose to parry. It punishes b1 on block, interrupts b13, b12, b1~minigun and b13~rocket depending on the spacing. Your dash is terrible so it's not hard to check it with d1~shield bash and sword's d2 is even better than lasso's. This is all in addition to the fact that your chip is now non-existent.

I think it's even at best and 6-4 Wonder Woman at worst.

JDM

Noob
GL Destroys hawkgirl imo. Like, really badly. 7-3 at worst. She can never go in the air, practically.

Also GL beats batman 6-4 imo. Same with Nightwing.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I only really disagree with Grundy (7-3), Nightwing (6-4) and Batgirl (5-5), but otherwise, everything is golden.

GL Destroys hawkgirl imo. Like, really badly. 7-3 at worst. She can never go in the air, practically.

Also GL beats batman 6-4 imo. Same with Nightwing.
Not this again. Just because Hawkgirl cant fly in the air next to GL doesnt make it a bad matchup for her.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
GL vs Bane 4-6
GL vs Batgirl 4-6
GL vs Black Adam 6-4
GL vs Green Arrow 4-6
GL vs Harley 6-4
GL vs MMH 3-7
GL vs Nightwing 5-5
GL vs Zatanna 2-8
GL vs Zod 3-7
These are the MUs I disagree with.
bane 5-5
batgirl 5-5
black adam 5-5
green arrow 5-5
harley 5-5
mmh 4-6
nightwing 6-4
zatanna i truly dont know because Ive only played deg in a first to 5 once, so maybe 3-7
zod 4-6 (I know this one for a FACT lol)

These are the MUs I disagree with.
bane 5-5
batgirl 5-5
black adam 5-5
green arrow 5-5
harley 5-5
mmh 4-6
nightwing 6-4
zatanna i truly dont know because Ive only played deg in a first to 5 once, so maybe 3-7
zod 4-6 (I know this one for a FACT lol)
Bane could be 5-5 but fuck bane really lol. I assume you havent played a good arrow either :DOGE

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I have little experience in the mus but I feel BG and WoWo are both 5-5.

BG:
You outdamage us midscreen, we outdamage you in the corner
We can't do much about minigun pushing us back
You can't use rocket power because we can punish it anywhere
The same way BM can punish teleport by MBing batarangs on reaction to it, GL can punish it by MBing rocket. Either way one of us has to waste a bar of meter to get a combo
We have vortex
We're (maybe) able to flying bat any poorly spaced air rocket into vortex, either as it's starting up or on block
Your b1 is OP Kappa

WoWo:
We use less meter in general
Same damage midscreen roughly
We take less chip from your projectiles by going into shield stance
You have more air control and range with lift
We can parry a hell of a lot of your tools- including your f3 on reaction (not sure if we can also actually punish it by parrying, as I said little experience)
Air rockets get punished by demigoddess' might/parried, either way they become pretty useless in the mu for zoning
GL's zoning is good but not that good because almost all of it can be parried or punished in some way. Air rockets that aren't done low to the ground are punishable by demigoddess, ground rockets are parry bait, and it's not that difficult to walk in if need be. Once Wonder Woman is in, even though b1 is really good, GL's options on block aren't very good. b13 puts you at negative frames, b13~trait is punishable on reaction by d1~spin, and b13~minigun puts you in a bad situation since her b1 will beat any button you press. MB minigun is your best option, but you don't have infinite meter and the chip is negligible anyway. You can do b13~lift, but that's obviously very risky. You could argue that you just shouldn't do b1 if it's going to be blocked, but then you aren't taking up space and it becomes much easier to get in. On wake-up WoWo has to respect lift so he's not completely screwed. Once Wonder Woman has a life lead and sits on it in shield it becomes very difficult for GL since most of his b1 options lose to parry. It punishes b1 on block, interrupts b13, b12, b1~minigun and b13~rocket depending on the spacing. Your dash is terrible so it's not hard to check it with d1~shield bash and sword's d2 is even better than lasso's. This is all in addition to the fact that your chip is now non-existent.

I think it's even at best and 6-4 Wonder Woman at worst.
Yeah pretty much this, a lot of shield stance and either even or 6-4 WoWo

JDM

Noob
Not this again. Just because Hawkgirl cant fly in the air next to GL doesnt make it a bad matchup for her.
He out footsies and out zones her too. It's a really bad matchup.

My scene is weak so I only know like 5-6 matchups for sure and that's one of them.

I have little experience in the mus but I feel BG and WoWo are both 5-5.

BG:
You outdamage us midscreen, we outdamage you in the corner
We can't do much about minigun pushing us back
You can't use rocket power because we can punish it anywhere
The same way BM can punish teleport by MBing batarangs on reaction to it, GL can punish it by MBing rocket. Either way one of us has to waste a bar of meter to get a combo
We have vortex
We're (maybe) able to flying bat any poorly spaced air rocket into vortex, either as it's starting up or on block
Your b1 is OP Kappa

WoWo:
We use less meter in general
Same damage midscreen roughly
We take less chip from your projectiles by going into shield stance
You have more air control and range with lift
We can parry a hell of a lot of your tools- including your f3 on reaction (not sure if we can also actually punish it by parrying, as I said little experience)
Air rockets get punished by demigoddess' might/parried, either way they become pretty useless in the mu for zoning

Yeah pretty much this, a lot of shield stance and either even or 6-4 WoWo
Batgirl is broken stfu :DOGE