What's new

Moving forward with Mileena's iaS.

Lulzlou

Noob
I know I might get blown up for this but I figured out how to do this on a hitbox. I'm assuming the main reason Mileena players don't iaS that much is because it puts them straight to the corner. I feel a lot more comfortable with Mileena mid screen so I tried to figure out a way to move forward with it.

You can do this on hitbox. I don't know if you can on pad or stick because of how you input it.

What I do is hold Up on the hitbox and time the buffer of bf weird. I can't exactly explain the timing of it but you have to make it so foward comes out first to jump forward then hit 1.

Has this been done before? I know 0 hitbox Mileenas so I dunno. She is one of my alts and this bumped her up on my list.

Sorry for the fails, I haven't really worked on it. I just know how to do it.

In theory Lui Kang should be able to do this also, I never tried it him or any other iaFb though.

Lulzlou

Noob
Sweet. I would really like to know if you could do this on pad/stick

If you are able to, this would be a good zoning change for Mileena. Pressuring with this would make it interesting too

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
indeed very interesting,
looking at it what seems to be happening is canceling into sai's from the forward diagonal jump extremely quickly.
be intresting to see how well it can be inputed on stick and pad alright,
pig of the hut/death play on pad while myself and jer use a stick for mileena so im sure you'll get some data back

thanks for sharing

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Sweet. I would really like to know if you could do this on pad/stick

If you are able to, this would be a good zoning change for Mileena. Pressuring with this would make it interesting too
I use ANALOG for all IAS and dpad for everything else

Use ps2 pad on every system i play 100% of the time

Lulzlou

Noob
I use ANALOG for all IAS and dpad for everything else

Use ps2 pad on every system i play 100% of the time
Ah I see. I can barely see what people use on streams.
I hope this isn't one of those hitbox only things. I don't want people picking up mileena just to spam this lol.

And yes, more high level mileena players would be nice if they looked into this. Would be lot better than just one person doing it.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
I used to do this alot but I found the opponent would come up on me quicker then if I were to do regular IAS's.

Then again, if you are more comfortable mid-screen, I can see the application.

Lulzlou

Noob
I used to do this alot but I found the opponent would come up on me quicker then if I were to do regular IAS's.

Then again, if you are more comfortable mid-screen, I can see the application.
Well the main use for this imo is for getting in on the opponent and anti-zone.
I feel like it shouldn't be spammed. I see good use in throwing it in for pressure/mix up a few times when you are within footsie range.

Deity

Noob
can you move backwards while doing it as well? that would be really useful to her zoning game if you can.

Lulzlou

Noob
For a "forward" ias just input back and then up forward really quick
So I'm guess this is for pad/stick. Its hard for me to do it more than one time for some reason.

I find my way of doing it better and faster. That is mainly because of the hitbox though.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
So I'm guess this is for pad/stick. Its hard for me to do it more than one time for some reason.

I find my way of doing it better and faster. That is mainly because of the hitbox though.
Yeah this is for a stick and it is also possible with a pad. I don't know how a hitbox works but I guess you could press the back button and then the up and forward buttons at the same time. Kinda like kabals iagb but in the opposite direction and you have to press back first

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Im seeing double air sai corner potential with this. Hope it can be done easy on a pad.
It's possible to hit 2 standard ias in a row anywhere on screen if you're going fast enough. 10% from fullscreen if you hit 2 on an opponent attempting to jump. Again very similar to kabal but you can't combo off of the 2nd one. If you feel like being stylish you could also telekick~ias off of a ias that is out of range of ball roll.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
You could telekick~ias if you are out of range to ball roll off of an ias but you could also dash in and ball roll which will be in range to hit 99.9% of the time. Depending on how cool you're trying to look like :)

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
You could telekick~ias if you are out of range to ball roll off of an ias but you could also dash in and ball roll which will be in range to hit 99.9% of the time. Depending on how cool you're trying to look like :)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
right so i took this to the lab with my stick...
results for me anyway werent so good,
could only get a insant one to were hit a standing opp maybe 1/5 times, i wasnt finding it consitant enough at all trying to even do two back to back

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I was actually about to post this.

I was testing this while talking to 1man3letters, on a stick it's not even worth trying, I got it about 1/5 times as well and meh, maybe it's hitbox specific.

Lulzlou

Noob
I was actually about to post this.

I was testing this while talking to 1man3letters, on a stick it's not even worth trying, I got it about 1/5 times as well and meh, maybe it's hitbox specific.
This makes me sad because I don't want hitbox getting blown up for this. I've been putting a lot of time into it and I don't want to have it all go to waste lol.

I mean its nothing game breaking (as of now) and Mileena isn't a broken character to begin with; so I think it fits her well. I'm not saying she needs it at all though. Maybe Lui Kang would benefit more from it.

Has anyone else got success? I haven't looked into it any further myself. I'm too focused with kabal right now. I'll mess around with it today for a bit though.

The main problem I'm having with it is figuring out when to use this effectively, which is why I haven't been motivated to get it down. This isn't used just to spam imo. I'm going to try to get it down and try it out at my meet ups this week. By the end of sunday, I'll probably have something.

AZ PeRFecT Z3Ro

Bailemoz-
Its kinda difficult at the beginning, but its a nice stuff zoning w Mileena, iaS can be canceled w Teleport Kick or even a Roll...it is not consistent cuz u must master it, but it is very useful zoning forward or backward depending on the situeation. Problem is, characters like sektor, raidens teleport, could punish against this zoning tech...but it is useful...also hard to do in a pad XD