What's new

Mortal Kombat X Suggested Guest Characters by IGN

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
@JDM I agree with this guy, if the character FITS who cares if it's outside of MKU or not? Just think Ferra/Torr doesn't look like a mainstream MK character yet the theme of both fit into MK. MK now also has a very boarderline horror theme going on, so of course certain characters that have a darker vibe to them can fit in.

Maybe you are, but pretty sure others have wanted Predator, Myers and Riddick in MK brah
Sweet Tooth from Twisted Medal fits the dark environment and atmosphere feeling of MKX. I think everyone at this point is a sucker for MKX and we're open to new ideas :D

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
just because they're in the game doesn't mean they fit. MK characters are famous for their darker plots and ability to kill brutally, but they are at their core martial artist. take that away and they fit more with those cheesey MK horror knockoffs than with MK.
My point is just that, at FIRST people were like "Ferra/Torr" look weird almost like non MK character, but over time people came to accept that their theme fits MK fine when you break it down. Think about the concept of them for a second, I too said on the reveal gameplay trailer "WTF" who are these two? lol but if you check out their style, the way they dress and the way they kill you it's MK at heart. MK also has always been about diversity, only the newer MK fan or casual gamer would think "MK is only about ninjas and a few gods" hardly, they've had vampires, thugs, killers, sorcerers, Gods, ninjas, military, cops, movie stars, monks so on and so forth...not many series can blend all of those kinds of characters well and get away with it, yet MK has.

What cheesy MK knockoffs exactly if I may ask? Since most of them failed bad. NRS said they were making new characters ever since MK 9 ended so this isn't new news.

Sweet Tooth from Twisted Medal fits the dark environment and atmosphere feeling of MKX. I think everyone at this point is a sucker for MKX and we're open to new ideas :D
I wouldn't hate it if he made it but I just think Riddick, Myers or Predator, Terminator someone like that would fit so much better. Especially with hand to hand, special moves. I mean Sweeth Tooth I'm trying to think of a special move nothing is coming to mind that stands out based off his character you know? Maybe toss an ice cream cone with fire? IDK lol...

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
My point is just that, at FIRST people were like "Ferra/Torr" look weird almost like non MK character, but over time people came to accept that their theme fits MK fine when you break it down. Think about the concept of them for a second, I too said on the reveal gameplay trailer "WTF" who are these two? lol but if you check out their style, the way they dress and the way they kill you it's MK at heart.
as Outworld inhabitants yes, but as actual fighters no. its no different from when they threw Moloch into MK, they look like something i should be killing in a Shaolin monks game not MK competitors.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i've said it before and i'll say it again.....Fist of the North Star, Kenshiro >.> , the game would sell well in the east just for doing that.

Flagg

Noob
The game needs warriors, not obligatory cliche, horror movie characters some beta is popping a boner too!

That is why PREDATOR is a perfect fit! He could mess people up. Freddy kinda had his dream powers in MK 9 but lets be real, Jason and Michael Myers wouldn't last two seconds against the likes of Sub Zero.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Brutal Chimney

I said the same thing about goro and motaro first time I saw time him, gotta admit he looks more like a monster or mutant than fighter, I dont mind the diversity as long as they have a reason to fight. Though youre probably happy since moloch is apparently dead or killed by quan chi lol

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
bah .... whoever Ed Boon gonna choice, in the end , we have none other option but accept that and try to learn the guest character , so, we hope for some good sense regarding the choice they will decide, instead of nonsense bullshit ..... let's see, fact is that a "guest" will be in MKX, since seems to be a new tradition started with MK9, and will be the normal pattern for every each MK released, so, let's go ! :confused:

with Freddy Krueger, Ed said that he fits the MK universe, so, he will pick up some char that , somehow, fits the "martial blood and guts" atmosphere MK has written all over it, so ..... :oops:

Levaranoia

War God
@JDM I agree with this guy, if the character FITS who cares if it's outside of MKU or not? Just think Ferra/Torr doesn't look like a mainstream MK character yet the theme of both fit into MK. MK now also has a very boarderline horror theme going on, so of course certain characters that have a darker vibe to them can fit in.

Maybe you are, but pretty sure others have wanted Predator, Myers and Riddick in MK brah
id be cool with predator but thats it

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As long as there's no console exclusives, I'm fine with guest characters. I've been wanting Jason Vorhees as an MK character for awhile, and since Freddy was already one it doesn't seem too far of a stretch. Other than that, Dracula would be awesome.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
K
just because they're in the game doesn't mean they fit. MK characters are famous for their darker plots and ability to kill brutally, but they are at their core martial artist. take that away and they fit more with those cheesey MK horror knockoffs than with MK.
Key words: Martial arts.