What's new

Mortal Kombat X report from the Brazil Game Show 2014 - By ETC Mcfly

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Not sure if having a free pressure standing reset is a necessary requirement or if everyone will use it, considered the archtype characters per variations.

Those from negative edge were horrible, i imagine the first Input was BB1 but they kept getting backdashes even when testers wanted to fake it and ended up wasting a stamina bar.

However, i don't think the problem is yet done, hopefully they'll kill the negative edge by removing that reselease check thing, or BF, and FB characters might acidentally start doing special moves when they wanted a normal to ocuppy space on the scree, since this mechanic is more of footsie oriented at glace because quick approach and quick retreat cost meter and might not be entirely safe, its only fair that we get to execute things without accidentally triggering negative edges. Its nice that they gave an option to turn it off in IGAU, hopefully its completely removed since its mostly confirmed that we don't need it.
i forgot to mention you can throw airborne opponents. (don't think it's been confirmed but i saw quan do it in his trailer and apparently other people have seen other characters do it) so maybe they can do a long combo and go for a reset type thing with the mb throw.
wow i never thought of that. wouldn't it be nice to actually be able to use negative edge without having to worry about your character doing a special you didn't intend? i've never had a fighter where i could do that.

now my question is can air throws like d'vorah's be mb canceled...

trufenix

bye felicia
i forgot to mention you can throw airborne opponents. (don't think it's been confirmed but i saw quan do it in his trailer and apparently other people have seen other characters do it) so maybe they can do a long combo and go for a reset type thing with the mb throw.
You can definitely grab out of any juggle, it has yet to be figured out if you can just use a grab on an airborne opponent while jumping though.

insignis

Noob
1- I’m sure there are like 5 or 6 ways to do a finish your opponent in the game and it should go like this (This is seen in the move list):

*1. Fatality 1

*2. Fatality 2

*3.-Fatality 3

*4. Babality

*5. Animality?

*6. Brutality?, Friendship? or Pit?

What do you think? I expect some comments.
Are you sure? In Moscow's build there were only 5 slots with finishers.

His cannonballs ( Black Dragon Ball, kanon Ball, etc.) are faster and less punishable. EX version hits you everywhere XD!
Are you sure again?:) Kano's upball in Moscow was punishable even with NJP.
Jump kick: You can’t connect anything after this move. The characters fall too fast to do it.
Deep jump kick gives you an opportunity to combo out of it.

Every character can MB a throw. As Quan Chi I did a combo: 3 hits launcher, 2 hits~trance, jip,3 hits launcher, MB throw - ~30% and leaves you with big advantage to continue pressure.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I don't think that is what he said. I've seen how it's done in trailers and videos, and I think I've seen that you can jump out of grab. I believe that it works like in IGAU's command grabs which can't hit jumping opponent, but can land on one launched there by your attack.
Oh ok. You can probably just grab someone out of a juggle state instead...

trufenix

bye felicia
Are you sure? In Moscow's build there were only 5 slots with finishers.
For some reason Scorpion has 6 slots, you can see it in the 40 minute brasil video. Everybody else has five. I swear to christ it was mentioned in an interview but I can't actually find it or even who said it.

insignis

Noob
For some reason Scorpion has 6 slots, you can see it in the 40 minute brasil video. Everybody else has five. I swear to christ it was mentioned in an interview but I can't actually find it or even who said it.
interesting. Thanks for info!

babalook

Noob
Every character can MB a throw. As Quan Chi I did a combo: 3 hits launcher, 2 hits~trance, jip,3 hits launcher, MB throw - ~30% and leaves you with big advantage to continue pressure.
Is it confirmed that every character can MB throws? Can you explain what this MB throw looks like?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
You can definitely grab out of any juggle, it has yet to be figured out if you can just use a grab on an airborne opponent while jumping though.
probably not while both characters are in the air, but d'vorah has an air throw and i think cassie does too. i saw her do a combo on sub zero and do what looked like an air throw and then mb it. not sure if it was an air throw or special since i wasn't really paying attention to cassie.

Is it confirmed that every character can MB throws? Can you explain what this MB throw looks like?
i saw sub zero do one in a video. he just does the grab, then he lights up black+gold like he did an ex move, then he shoves the opponent away a little bit and then he can pressure while they're still in hitstun

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I take it he means you can enhanced or mb moves like Raiden's superman once it hits you like Scorp's mb spear in Injustice(I noticed you said said cancel) but I know what you're saying. And apparently we can 2 in 1 which is good. The way you worded it thought you meant you can cancel the superman lol was about to say, wtf that would be so awesome.

Nice write up!

Wake up back rolls and wake up throws is interesting!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
For some reason Scorpion has 6 slots, you can see it in the 40 minute brasil video. Everybody else has five.
Scorpion-ity confirmed.

Well, but seriously though I think we're dealing with some sort of pre-release wonkiness. But who knows...

"- The chain combos are all new and better than in MK9." what do you mean by that exactly?

"In my previous report I posted some comments about Raiden grabbing the opponent while in mid-air with the normal grab button. Well, Sub Zero can do that too and apparently all the characters have this ability." i saw quan chi throw kano while he was in the air too. it's in his trailer.

and about wakeup backdashes, i assume they cost stamina since regular backdashes do as well.
I mean that almost all bring chains combos that raise the opponent and are varied.