What's new

Mortal Kombat X Gameplay from PAX PRIME, Day 1 (August 29)

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Great, another game where I have to deal with that instant teleport crap. Thanks Raiden and NRS, I don't know what I would've done without you. Ah I know, have fun when playing the game.

khrome

Master of The Universe
Ok so Scorpion (and guessing all characters in the game), can :exNhance a Special AND Meter Burn it so costing 2 bars.

I wonder how that will work out for practicality and/or flashiness.
What does this mean, please tell me? No smartass answer.

There's some REALLY wonky stuff going on with meter. I can't tell what's going on.

Scorpion got two free bars of meter for his "hellfire" move on Sub Zero, then spent those two bars on his chain, and then Sub Zero suddenly got his entire meter filled- all three bars- free.

What exactly is happening with all this?

raiden displacer confirmed online character #1 and op runaway

raiden lord of storms confirmed low tier against projectiles chars

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What does this mean, please tell me? No smartass answer.
Ex means you can use a bar of meter at the same time you use a special move to improve it

Meterburn means you can use a bar of meter AFTER you use a special move to improve it.

Its basically the same thing, but since MK9 used the Ex System and Injustice used the MB system, MKX uses both, now ppl are notating this way so that everyone get the difference

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i think this time kano will be the kabal of mkx :D
btw everybody in europe (psn) hated my kano back in 2011, this time they will hate him even more *laugh*
Sure.

btw, want to make some matches in AE? like now? i'm not sure if my 1mbps speed will do the trick tho.

trufenix

bye felicia
Investigation is fine, but can we please please PLEASE steer clear of premature damage, frame, and more importantly "worth" analysis prerelease just this once? All it does is stir the pot and create false expectations. They are not, I repeat, absolutely not seriously balancing this game with only a fraction of the cast playable.

trufenix

bye felicia
There's some REALLY wonky stuff going on with meter. I can't tell what's going on.

Scorpion got two free bars of meter for his "hellfire" move on Sub Zero, then spent those two bars on his chain, and then Sub Zero suddenly got his entire meter filled- all three bars- free.

What exactly is happening with all this?
They shoot these videos (Adam confirms this is prerecorded) with debug builds, giving them the ability to juice their meters as needed. You can also plainly see they edited rounds from different fights together to seem like a full fight while still showing off all three variations.

It flies against most of our natural instincts but you really do have to turn off your analytical brain prerelease, nothing competitively inferred is going to be relevant when it laumches. Hence that enormous "THIS IS A PRODUCT IN DEVELOPMENT" disclaimer all over everything.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
And only does 5% damage.

this could be a deciding factor for scorpion, since the move is variant specific, cost 2 bars, i really hope is not one of those moves that end up being used once in a blue moon.
Aside from allowing you to maintain your opponents position instead of pulling them towards you, I'm not sure what's to be gained by spending two bars for 5%. But I know that much of the damage output isn't finalized, so...

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Casselman is a frequent contributor to MKO and other outlets. His coverage and analysis is spot-on. I just wanted to bring awareness to his new thread. He WILL BE HANDS-ON with MKX in Toronto, and IS TAKING REQUESTS FOR QUESTIONS. Visit his thread to post any concerns or details you want him to explore while he gets some time with the latest build. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Post in the thread below...
http://testyourmight.com/threads/i-get-to-play-mkx-tomorrow-questions.45717/

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm not convinced Displacer style of Raiden will dominate online since most players don't know how or don't zone. For zoning players like me though, that will be godly to work with lol.

I noticed that as well, the VA from his intro seems quite distinct from when he says "Dispair..." later on.
Yeah I think the ultimate twist would be if they resurrected both Bi-Han and Kuai Liang and combined their souls literally into one Sub-Zero. That would take everyone off guard lol. But I doubt that, that's a bit of a stretch even for MK lol

They've done that meter juicing thing during the press tour for every game, just go back and look at the show footage from injustice and mk9s run, meters just fill whenever Boon is about to introduce supers or xrays or whatever is necessary.
True, it's prob just due to the early builds/demos no doubt.

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Since this is all just pre recorded footage they gave twitch, it would be nice if they released the direct feed footage on their youtube or something.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Investigation is fine, but can we please please PLEASE steer clear of premature damage, frame, and more importantly "worth" analysis prerelease just this once? All it does is stir the pot and create false expectations. They are not, I repeat, absolutely not seriously balancing this game with only a fraction of the cast playable.
Don't like it, don't read it. They have already created all of the cast who will feature in mkx(except dlcs) but just haven't announced them, they won't show him as completely broken or shit otherwise nobody would play him. What you see now is very similar to the final product

trufenix

bye felicia
Don't like it, don't read it. They have already created all of the cast who will feature in mkx(except dlcs) but just haven't announced them, they won't show him as completely broken or shit otherwise nobody would play him. What you see now is very similar to the final product
You know what, you're right. My bad for critiquing. Lets just spread all the misinformation we can prerelease and have a trainwreck of prejudice on our hands come release date, again.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
You know what, you're right. My bad for critiquing. Lets just spread all the misinformation we can prerelease and have a trainwreck of prejudice on our hands come release date, again.
You say misinformation but it's not. It's an observation based on officially released gameplay-on this point alone your arguements is invalid but just because you persist on preaching the idea of 'don't talk about characters before they're out' I'll show you that several others disagree with you. For one there's AK RM Blake who agrees with my observations and edited them into the article, secondly there's a whole prediction post I made in the raiden forum was given a whole lot of support and attention of which most was positive. You can just not read anything pre-release but don't pretend to have a reason to undermine others who choose to read/write pre-release articles.

trufenix

bye felicia
You say misinformation but it's not. It's an observation based on officially released gameplay-on this point alone your arguements is invalid but just because you persist on preaching the idea of 'don't talk about characters before they're out' I'll show you that several others disagree with you. For one there's AK RM Blake who agrees with my observations and edited them into the article, secondly there's a whole prediction post I made in the raiden forum was given a whole lot of support and attention of which most was positive. You can just not read anything pre-release but don't pretend to have a reason to undermine others who choose to read/write pre-release articles.
If you're not gonna even read what I wrote, there's no discussion to be had. Do you, bro. I know criticism is hard to take.