What's new

Mortal Kombat X Editions Announced

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
screw that... no bestbuy edition? lol i have the games club unlocked that nets me 20% off on new games plus most preoders nets you a 10 coupon for your next trip... MKX will actually cost me $40 bucks... ill stick with that and then the konbat pass would make more sense in getting it xD

I really like the gold statue but the other pack comes with more stuff. Idk which one I really want :( and the Coarse version looks classy as hell

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Wondering if the Goro pre-order is international or US only. Can't find a retailer in the UK which lists him as a pre-order bonus :/
GAME is doing it, but it's only next-gen. Which sucks for me since I'm still waiting for listed last gen Goro pre-order bonus so I can pre-order the game already :(
I don't understand the Premium Edition pricing. $90 - $60 game = $30 for 4 DLC characters.. So either the DLC is more expensive this time around, or there was a gaffe somewhere.
I was thinking this exactly. Injustice (and mk9 if I remember correctly) the season passes were 4 chars for the price of three. If that is the case then DLC chars will be 10 dollars a pop this time around instead of 5.
Gonna wait until the DLC Characters are leaked to decide if the Kombat Pack is worth it or not. 30 for most likely 4 Characters is not a great deal to be honest.
Incorrect! The Kombat Pack contains 4 characters AND DLC skins, therefore the characters will still be the same price and you will get skins that constitute the remaining value :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, few things want to confirm. The Kollectors edition are two separate versions one for our region and one from Europe(that you can only get from amazon?) is this correct?

Secondly, The Premium Edition is only for download only but appears to get nothing out of it? I don't see anything with it and yet it's 90 bucks? Can someone help me out here what's up with that? What exactly do we get for the premium version? Cause from what I can see you get nothing, Kombat Pack? What? What is that?

Limited Version and The Course Kollector's Edition I can get both at Gamestop, that right?

The Kollector's Edition(import Europe) I have to order from Amazon, this correct?

As far as I can tell, the download Premium version doesn't seem worth it, as the kombat pack I assume will have stuff that will eventually be available via DLC.

Any preorder of any edition includes a download code for Goro.
What do you think they mean by Kombat Pack? I imagine this isn't anything you can't get eventually via DLC?

Last edited:

khrome

Master of The Universe
He's already dead, genius. You can't kill what's already dead. He is a specter...a ghost...a wraith...are you grasping this concept or am I talking to someone with the reasoning skills of a door knob?
So he can still be purified or an exorcism to get rid of ghost. Do u even watch horror films or religious horror films?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Incorrect! The Kombat Pack contains 4 characters AND DLC skins, therefore the characters will still be the same price and you will get skins that constitute the remaining value :p
Where's the information for that? None of the articles mentioned it.

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
screw that... no bestbuy edition? lol i have the games club unlocked that nets me 20% off on new games plus most preoders nets you a 10 coupon for your next trip... MKX will actually cost me $40 bucks... ill stick with that and then the konbat pass would make more sense in getting it xD
Are you the same guy on youtube alexdc22?

Sami

Noob
GAME is doing it, but it's only next-gen. Which sucks for me since I'm still waiting for listed last gen Goro pre-order bonus so I can pre-order the game already :(
Thanks - no wonder I couldn't find the PC version as apparently PCs aren't next gen lol.

However, a huge red flag on Game.co.uk:

Mortal Kombat X (PS4) - £42.99
Mortal Kombat X - Goro Edition (PS4) - £47.99

Both editions are available for pre-order but they're actually charging more for the version that comes with Goro even though Goro is supposed to be the bonus for pre-ordering MKX in general. What the hell Game/NRS? No pre-order bonus for 360/PS3/PC is bad enough but it seems Game are charging you for Goro by adding a non-Goro pre-order option and discounting the price.

FOXSOLID

Noob
So he can still be purified or an exorcism to get rid of ghost. Do u even watch horror films or religious horror films?
He's not possessed fool....how the hell does an exorcism even apply here?

And purfication? Of what? He's not impure...he's dead and vengeful.

One more stupid reply from you and you're ignored.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Where's the information for that? None of the articles mentioned it.
Lol how did you manage to quote STORMS when I said that? :D
Well besides this being in the OP:
The Kombat Pack, which includes access to four add-on playable characters from Klassic Kombatants to Iconic guest characters
there's also this pic from page 6 of this thread

Thanks - no wonder I couldn't find the PC version as apparently PCs aren't next gen lol.

However, a huge red flag on Game.co.uk:

Mortal Kombat X (PS4) - £42.99
Mortal Kombat X - Goro Edition (PS4) - £47.99

Both editions are available for pre-order but they're actually charging more for the version that comes with Goro even though Goro is supposed to be the bonus for pre-ordering MKX in general. What the hell Game/NRS? No pre-order bonus for 360/PS3/PC is bad enough but it seems Game are charging you for Goro by adding a non-Goro pre-order option and discounting the price.
I know right? I was pissed when I saw that. I even went into my local GAME and they said that as far as they're aware Goro is next-gen only.

Fucking pre-order only AND next-gen only. Not happy.

khrome

Master of The Universe
He's not possessed fool....how the hell does an exorcism even apply here?

And purfication? Of what? He's not impure...he's dead and vengeful.

One more stupid reply from you and you're ignored.
Everything that's man-made is flawed, so is your precious Scorpion.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

So I have a question if I don't get the premium, can I buy those 4 characters and DLC skins eventually?

To whoever said Goro is next-gen and pre-order only, Gamestop lists him as a bonus for 360 and PS3. Unless I'm missing something here.

This is the first time I won't be buying an MK game on release day.

$59.99 base game (25 slots as of the last Kombat Kast (including Goro since it looks like slot is tacked on at the end)) + $30.00 for 4 DLC Characters ($7.50 per character, including garbage cross-marketing guest characters) = 29 Characters, almost guaranteeing there will be a season 2 ($7.50 * 2) and a lot of DLC costume packs ($5.99 * 5).

That's $134.94 for a single game, over twice the price of the original.

I'll just wait a year for the Komplete Edition and buy it all for $59.99. No matter how much money I have, that's just an irresponsible amount of money to pay for a single video game.
It's value is what you give it. I got well over 134.94's worth out of MK9. I've logged more hours into that game than any other entertainment form ever.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
That black and gold slick presentation on the COARSE Limited Edition....so enticing.

However I cant afford it, nor would I get it if I could. $150 is maaaaaaaan, even for everything included. Or without a stick at least. No chance for the PDP pads to be bundled somewhere? Anyway...

Game + DLC is all I require. NRS, ball is back in your court, can we get clear plans on the DLC layout? I doubt it, because yeah, I wouldnt talk too much about DLC 2 months before my game releases (or even goes gold). Dem 'withholding content purposely to sell as DLC' shady business practices. Even if that's truly not what's happening, that's ALWAYS how it looks.

It is what it is though, us tourney goers are gonna purchase it all anyway, but maybe a heads-up if this Kombat Pack will include ALL DLC this time around.

@tylerlansdown ?