What's new

Mortal Kombat X Character Stock Market/Fantasy Team

Would you participate/help?

• Total voters

GGA Max

Another thread sparked my interest in this. Just a quick thought I wrote out, what do you guys think?

What if, we all had "koins" that we could use to buy stock in some characters?

And if those characters place well in tournaments... the share price for that character's stock goes up?

If you had "invested" in that character, you'd have more "koins" than another TYM-er, and thus this would make you more knowledgeable in the community's eyes, give you props, etc.

This could also show which characters are considered high tier. It would be cool to see how the character's "value" changes over time.

And if someone owns 50% or more of one character's available stock, maybe they can dictate what happens or give advice to tournament players who use that character... somehow have more control....

Maybe give the players an incentive to work together with their character's shareholders.

I'm not very familiar with how stock works, but I'd imagine it would go something like this...
Goro's share price before KiT = 20 koins per share
You own 5 shares in Goro stock (100 koins invested)
Goro wins KiT 2016
KiT is a major and it increases the characters stock value by 25%
Goro's share price is now 20 x 125% = 25 koins per share
Your 5 shares are now worth 125 koins

I don't have enough time on my hands to run the whole thing so I'd need some people.

If you do help, you could be a middle-man, and maybe ask 5% or 10% trading fee for making the official transaction, thus increasing your own amount of koins.

We'd need good people to document this in Excel or something to make it legit. Just an idea.

People needed:
-If you know about stock
-If you are good with math
-If you have time on your hands

Position suggestions:
Traders
People who plan out how much stock goes up/down for each placing/non-placing

Maybe everyone would start off at 100 koins or something, and we'd weigh out how much locals, regionals, and majors are worth.

I think it would be cool to see podcasts telling people "Buy stock in D'Vorah everyone!" Or "Kotal was a fluke, you guys better sell while you still have a chance."

Well anyway, just throwing it out there.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
And... having koins makes you more knowledgeable and better to give advice... why? lol

I think it would be hilarious to watch though.

GGA Max

And... having koins makes you more knowledgeable and better to give advice... why? lol

I think it would be hilarious to watch though.
Lol, I guess it's like when your Fantasy Football team is doing well, you are the shit, you made a good call/you're successful and so on.

Anyway thanks for the criticism, I'm just gauging opinions.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Lol, I guess it's like when your Fantasy Football team is doing well, you are the shit, you made a good call/you're successful and so on.

Anyway thanks for the criticism, I'm just gauging opinions.
Right, but that doesn't always mean you know about the game.

I could place all my koins on some character that I had no clue about and get lucky that REO used him to win the tourney. Does that mean I can now give MU advice to people hoping to learn said character?

We don't need anymore egos flying around than we already have...

but something just for fun, I could see that.

GGA Max

Right, but that doesn't always mean you know about the game.

I could place all my koins on some character that I had no clue about and get lucky that REO used him to win the tourney. Does that mean I can now give MU advice to people hoping to learn said character?

We don't need anymore egos flying around than we already have...

but something just for fun, I could see that.
I think that would be part of the "game" would be to bet based on who are REO or Sonic Fox's characters.

I understand though, someone "rich" with koins might not be the best person to give in-game advice. But their voice might still hold some weight regarding who's top tier or who you should bet on. At the very least it could bring people together for discussion.

Maasik

Noob
Not a good idea IMO. At least for the whole "more knowledgeable / have more control" aspects, say for instance we already had this for IGAU. Just because I put all my koins into MMH and Aquaman doesn't mean I know shit about those characters (in a technical standpoint). Also, it promotes that guessing lucky or just investing into the most OP character at the time that your word holds more value to someone else's.. which is never true.

Maybe as a fun little thing to do, like kiddy bets and the reward is like PSN points or XBL points to spend in the marketplace or something, fine. But don't make it about knowing more than someone else, especially if you aren't even in these tournaments and making placements yourself.

GGA Max

Not a good idea IMO. At least for the whole "more knowledgeable / have more control" aspects, say for instance we already had this for IGAU. Just because I put all my koins into MMH and Aquaman doesn't mean I know shit about those characters (in a technical standpoint). Also, it promotes that guessing lucky or just investing into the most OP character at the time that your word holds more value to someone else's.. which is never true.

Maybe as a fun little thing to do, like kiddy bets and the reward is like PSN points or XBL points to spend in the marketplace or something, fine. But don't make it about knowing more than someone else, especially if you aren't even in these tournaments and making placements yourself.
Thanks for the feedback. Edited that part out. I think enough people agree this should more be for fun if it gets done.