What's new

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe 2

Dann

Noob
Mk vs DC universe was a horrible game. No one could argue that. But why was it a bad game? is it because it was a crossover? No, the reason it was bad is because it was a shitty game. horrible character balance, 3d fighting plane, and it had more glitches and infinities than all other mk games combine. But what if this game had Mk9 mechanics? what if it was a 2d fighter? what if it adopted the meter system? What if the game was actually competitive? Is it a bad idea to have crossovers? would you not like to play as your favorite Dc super heroes?

We have established that mk9 is one of the most if not the most balanced fighting game out there. Not only that but it has one of the best meter systems. If Nether realm can successfully make mk vs dc univese 2, and achieve a character balance similar to Mk9 wouldn't that be amazing?! imagine the wide array of characters you can have. there would be so many different fighting styles and so many characters to choose from! I would love to fight with dc characters and i say this not as a MK fan but as a fighting game enthusiast. Everyone can agree that dc characters are awesome. There isn't a good fighting game that does justice to this characters so I for one would love a good game that allows me to play as them.

Imagine robin from batman as DLC or green arrow! An alternate costumes that make green lantern either john steward( black green lantern) or Hal jordan( white green lantern)! Imagine kabal vs flash, green lantern vs ermac, cyborg( teen titans) vs jax or one of the robots there is so many things that could be done if they were to give it a second shot at making this game.

There is no question that batman and superman are the most famous super heroes of all time. if they were to release this game it can appeal to kids, adults that read comics when they were younger and people in the marvel community. it would make the community much larger and diverse. I welcome crossovers and the chance to expand the community

The reason mk vs dc universe was such an unpopular game is that it was not tournament worthy. the game was broken. if it was balanced and appealed to the tournament players isn’t there a chance that it could be come a second marvel vs capcom? if capcom can do it why can’t nether realm? We have seen what Nether Realm is capable of. If they take their time making mk vs dc 2 they can make a game that rivals any game in popularity. The concept of MK vs DC universe was a great concept. crossovers are great.

A lot of people say that mk vs dc wasn’t bloody enough. It wasn’t suppose to be!!!! Mortal Kombat is the only fighter with a mature rating. The game was a crossover so in order to make it work it had to give something up. That applies to all crossovers. If they manage to make a balanced tournament worthy game it could pave the way for other crossover such as Street fighter vs MK. I for one would not hesitate to give up the over-the-top gore or even fatalities in order to get an amazing crossover game. marvel vs capcom is successful, and next year street fighter x tekken is going to be released. Next year is going to be the year of crossovers. Nether realm should just jump on the bandwagon and give themselves a second shot. Besides everyone can agree that is to soon for ultimate mk9 or mk10. While we wait why not provide the community with mk vs dc 2.

Also Mk just has to be a little more exciting. I was comparing it to Marvel vs capcom and street fighter and one of the major differences is the overall color scheme and sound of the games. The only way i could describe this difference is that Marvel and street fighter are more exciting which may be a factor that contributes to their success. Having the crossover and making the game a little more lively can make the game more appealing. we have solid gameplay, flashy combos and cool characters but i just think it needs to be amped up a little bit. i wouldn’t mind if they added features such as taunts. My point is forget about the last attempt and try again. If they give themselves a second chance and succeed they can make a great game and create a new franchise within the franchise. Keep an open mind and think of the possibilities. Make MK vs DC Universe 2!

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
They just restarted the series, why would anyone want another crossover instead of a new game MK game? Not to mention, I don't use the most popular MK so most of my mains would probably be left out.

Reedoms

Noob
Maybe if they actually got characters that would fit in a fighting game like how Marvel v Capcom does and fixed up the gameplay it'd be nice.

Dann

Noob
Is marvel vs Capcom 3 the same as streetfighter? this is an extension of Mortal kombat not mortal kombat itself. all i'm saying is if they make mk vs dc universe 2 with mk9 fighting mechanics it would be a great game that i would pre-order and buy. If they do it right it can become very popular. is to soon for mk9 or mk10

Dann

Noob
They just restarted the series, why would anyone want another crossover instead of a new game MK game? Not to mention, I don't use the most popular MK so most of my mains would probably be left out.
if they left put popular characters it would be a mistake. overall i think they rushed the making of that game. if they include all the popular characters from mortal kombat and dc and fix the gameplay that wouldn't be something you would like? and what i said before is to soon for ultimate mk9 or mk10

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
That would be great. When MKvDC was announced at first I was surprised and a bit let down. However in about 5 minutes I was pretty sure it can be something ridicoulosly good and instantly started thinking about Marvel vs Capcom. In the end the game was casually fun, but that's it, it sucked. But just think about the possibilities. It can and will draw more people into the community. And screw the gore, I love MK9, it's the best fighting game out there right now without doubt. But think. The gore makes MK9 a good game? No, not at all. But yeah, I've seen the replies in another topic about MKvDC. Only thing you could read was "HURR DURR NO BLOOD THIZ GAME SUCKSSS!"

Dann

Noob
I would argue it. But no, MK needs to stick to it's own story and keep improving the gameplay as new games are released.

Btw, check these links first :)
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?12402-mkvsdc2
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/read.cds?article=1579
I saw that before but with Umvc3 out and Street fighter x tekken coming out next year it is a good idea to bring it up again. Why can't we have an Mk crossover game? i think people are letting their bad impressions of that game cloud their judgement. Im not saying don't make mk10 or change the story. all i'm saying is that it would be awesome to have a crossover game considering how popular crossover games usually are.

Tim Static

Adminerator
fyi Infinite isnt a bad word. There are infinite's that dont break the game, infinite's that very hard and very situational and are ok then there is just about anything you'd find in MKDA-MKvDC........................................ :facepalm:

Is marvel vs Capcom 3 the same as streetfighter? this is an extension of Mortal kombat not mortal kombat itself. all i'm saying is if they make mk vs dc universe 2 with mk9 fighting mechanics it would be a great game that i would pre-order and buy. If they do it right it can become very popular. is to soon for mk9 or mk10
I would argue it. But no, MK needs to stick to it's own story and keep improving the gameplay as new games are released.
SF has had several different "lines" from SF2, SF3, Alpha, Vs Series, SF4 etc etc. No reason MK couldnt do this. Basic MK, Adventure game and Vs series. Whats wrong with that?

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I found the crossover concept between DC and MK to be so unfitting and silly, so I never even bothered with the game. I mean, if it was DC vs. Marvel with the gameplay you mentioned, albeit significantly more flashy and fast-paced, that'd be pretty awesome, but I just really dislike seeing MK characters with comic book ones. Just doesn't mix imo.

Justice

Noob
They shouldn't have made the first one and sales will probably make sure that a second won't be considered. I don't think that the sales of the first one were all that good, I could be wrong tho.

Tim Static

Adminerator
They shouldn't have made the first one and sales will probably make sure that a second won't be considered. I don't think that the sales of the first one were all that good, I could be wrong tho.
Um, sales would be the reason a 2nd is done. It sold over 2million copies.... :doh:

CYracks

Command Grabber
They made MKvsDC and now you want another one? NOOOOOOO
I suggest that this thread should be deleted immediately. I don't want a NetherRealm employee to even have a chance
of seeing this in passing.

Noob
I've said this before and I'll say it again... MKDC should have been a DC only fighting game. If an MKDC 2 were to come out, use the MK9 engine(2d only) and only include DC characters... I'm sure there are more than enough viable DC characters to have a great fighting game that would generate an accessible audience and hardcore fighting fans alike... but the caveat is that it needs to be DC Fighting, not MKDC2.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'd be so excited for a DCU fighter.

Some of my favorite fighters were the SF VS series (until MvC3). Would love to see DCU get that love too.

but yes....SPIN OFFS! NRS?? YOU LISTENING?

JagoMIH

Noob
I think another DC fighting game would be cool, but I don't want MK vs DC. I think it should be an all DC fighting game, or maybe DC VS Marvel. And using the MK9 engine and updated gameplay like you said.

Justice

Noob
I think another DC fighting game would be cool, but I don't want MK vs DC. I think it should be an all DC fighting game, or maybe DC VS Marvel. And using the MK9 engine and updated gameplay like you said.
A DCU fighting game wouldn't be so bad. I really think that MKDC really hindered each other as a concept. For example, Fatalities had to be toned down horribly because DC would be like "You can't have Sub Zero popping Wonder Woman's implants?!?!?!?! You can't even let the fans know she HAS implants!!!" It also goes the other way. How could you create Flash without making him a copy of Kabal without a projectile? Or Superman a ripoff of Raiden with Sindel's levitate (just in case he wasn't broken enough already.....)

From a business point, I understand it. But as any level of artist, it was a horrible pairing. MvC works because most Capcom characters are already superhero comic-style characters. There aren't too many worlds that MK characters would fit into.

I'll tell you the ultimate crossover right now! MK vs. P&F! (Phineas and Ferb)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
no way, it's just like mixing coffee with tea in the same cup, simply doesn't sound right or good .... hehe :D

Seapeople

This one's for you
SF has had several different "lines" from SF2, SF3, Alpha, Vs Series, SF4 etc etc. No reason MK couldnt do this. Basic MK, Adventure game and Vs series. Whats wrong with that?
I was thinking about how much the community would appreciate another crossover, given how much hate there is for the first game. But you're right, the sales for MK DC were really good so it's not a bad idea.

A 2d DC game with less gimicky features could sell really well and also be relevant for high level gaming. They should use an updated engine though because this one definitely has its share of problems.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I'd be all for an MKvDC2 as long as it's legit/well balanced/patchable. I like superheroes in my fighting games but I loathe the team-based bullshit MvC brings to the table.

Just sucks that D.C. won't let their characters get decapitated or whatever.