What's new

Mortal Kombat: The Home Ports

iammud

Noob
I'm rather confident that MK:3 and MK:M never hit retail. A few years back I saw the official list of Tiger games, and neither were in it. The guy who showed me was telling me that Tiger was notorious for creating ports of games that they didn't have the full rights to yet, even full on production sometimes (they must be easy & cheap to make). These versions were likely rejected by Midway and some made it out (or at least pictures of them).

I still want MK:T Bleemed! if they have an original version of it. I hated MK:T all together, so it's not like I'll actually use it, I just want it for the collection.

iammud

Noob
Heh, that site just confirms this a little more in my eyes. The list I saw had information about each game that was VERY similar to the info provided on that site. I'm positive that this list was official because the guy who had it wasn't just a collector, he was a former employee of the French division of Tiger, and his deceased son was an employee of Tiger (he collected them as a memorial type deal). The binder that the list was kept in was also stamped in Tiger logos, and WAY too detailed to be unofficial. He also stated that there was a complete version of the list that included prototype/unreleased games. I have a feeling this is where that site got all the info from (assuming the prototype list is laid out the same way).

If PMK had access to MK:M and MK:3 to write up all that info, how come there's no new images of the units? All his other reviews have custom images of the games, yet that one has all promo images.
I know about the picture of the front and back of the MK:M packaging, which I showed to him. He said that he had seen lots of images in that same fashion, and thinks they were used for office use. He even showed me a site that had a bunch of them, yet didn't have the MK:M one.

So anyway, until I see some new pictures of either of those, I'm not convinced they even made it out of Tiger's hands...

ded

Elder God
which mk3 game you are talking about? r-zone or handheld lcd?

and pmk had all these games, he even made a title in mkonline few years ago that he sells all of them, i think he asked about 80$ for mkm (but he had no manual for it)

edit: found some gameplay vids

(mk3 handheld lcd)
(mk3 r-zone)

iammud

Noob
NICE vid on the mk3 handheld. That guy is STRANGE! Finally something other than bad crops of promo shots. Though this doesn't prove it went retail. However, it does prove it exists, which I'm stoked to see! I WANT IT!

The list only had the LCD handheld games, and did not include r-zone, game.com, or tabletops (or prototype/unreleased as stated before). I don't remember seeing any VRT X units in it, so I'm wondering if it was omitted because of this.

I wish I would have seen that for sale thread. I'd spend 80 bucks on MK:M just because of how obscure it is.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
mud said:
NICE vid on the mk3 handheld. That guy is STRANGE!
lmao I thought that was ded_ at first, I was all "wow, you're kidding me..."

I used to have one of those Tiger things by the way, and they sucked dick.