What's new

Mortal Kombat Patch Notes 5/21 - Pre Combo Breaker Hotfix, Mavado Nerfed!

He's exceptional with Mileena and gives utility to metering low sai. NRS once again knee jerking so we don't see 100 Mavados at Combo Breaker. This is despite having about as many Khameleons at the last soiree. This developer is beyond clueless. Let Mavado rock and people go ham, who gives AF? Finally get some good will back from the community only to piss it away.

Don't worry guys, "BIG THINGS ARE COMING."View attachment 21692

All Hail Akuma and Season 2.
Slightly off topic here, but do you know of any good examples/guides on optimal Mavado use with Mileena? I'm still in my first two weeks with her and currently trying out Lao and Sektor. Thanks!

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Slightly off topic here, but do you know of any good examples/guides on optimal Mavado use with Mileena? I'm still in my first two weeks with her and currently trying out Lao and Sektor. Thanks!
Nah, I don't use Mileena. This is based off training partner who abused the bull crap.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
It is a simple gameplay. Do 1,2 into b+kameo for plus frames (infinite pressure!!) And do 1xxex low sai into f+kameo, ocasionally just doing the 1,2 string fully.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
After the nerfs, I still think Mavado is a very good contender for top pick kameo on Kitana. Losing a teensy bit of damage across the board is whatever when he allows you to get consistent bonus damage off EVERYTHING. Every single touch can be a combo or at least an OTG slide. Worth the -100 still, and I think he competes quite well against Jax as top 1 kameo option for Kitana which is a lot to ask for when the health differential between the two is 200.

My reasoning is that these nerfs kept him doing the same but ever so slightly worse on damage output without affecting cooldowns or general usage. Still the exact same kameo bar an egregious bug and some VERY slightly toned down damage output. Meanwhile, he still turns every single touch into a guaranteed combo on a character that doesn't need to spend meter often (if ever).

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
After the nerfs, I still think Mavado is a very good contender for top pick kameo on Kitana. Losing a teensy bit of damage across the board is whatever when he allows you to get consistent bonus damage off EVERYTHING. Every single touch can be a combo or at least an OTG slide. Worth the -100 still, and I think he competes quite well against Jax as top 1 kameo option for Kitana which is a lot to ask for when the health differential between the two is 200.

My reasoning is that these nerfs kept him doing the same but ever so slightly worse on damage output without affecting cooldowns or general usage. Still the exact same kameo bar an egregious bug and some VERY slightly toned down damage output. Meanwhile, he still turns every single touch into a guaranteed combo on a character that doesn't need to spend meter often (if ever).
I'm kinda new to Kitana, but can't scorpion also get Kitana to combo after every touch too? Including a 112? Is Mavado still much better to justify the -100hp especially after the 3% nerf on combos?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm kinda new to Kitana, but can't scorpion also get Kitana to combo after every touch too? Including a 112? Is Mavado still much better to justify the -100hp especially after the 3% nerf on combos?
Better comparison is Janet who gives that, plus ability to plug gaps, plus reversal, plus corner puppet setups.

I’m not convinced Mavado is better than Janet yet.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
The utility is extremely good. In fact, it may be too powerful for this game, no one knows yet. My comment was solely on its cost. No matter how good it ends up being, it costs half a kameo, 2 bars, and it's locked behind a flawless block. In total, this costs MORE than a breaker.

Idk if this game needs a pushblock mechanic and honestly I don't think NRS knows either. If they wanted to make it viable they could. As it stands right now, it will never be used and it's maybe for the better.

This opens up a whole new discussion on how strong offence is in this game but I don't think the answer is giving everyone a universal pushblock tool. I think they should buff the defensive characters first, and see where the game lands.
If it was any cheaper it would be the most broken move in the game. This game doesn't have the same buffer for fb that 11 had meaning you can flawless block out of jailing block strings. Combined with the fact that it does damage, if it was any cheaper players like ninja and the Chilean twins who are gods at flawless blocking would be abusing it every match.
I also don't think offense is good enough to justify a mechanic like that. Most characters offense is just strike throw and that can be blown up by just 1 micro duck. All there characters that have real strong offense like Johnny and Kenshi are designed around it and would get so much worse if there was a universal mechanic to get out of their stuff easily. Not to mention how much already low tier characters like smoke would just be annihilated by it.