What's new

Mortal Kombat Patch Notes 5/21 - Pre Combo Breaker Hotfix, Mavado Nerfed!

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Character Specific Adjustments

Main Fighters

General Shao
  • Fixed rare issue that could cause General Shao to become unresponsive when having Mavado attack with Best Feet Forward during You're Weak (Towards + Back Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) with specific timing
Kameo Fighters

Mavado
  • Best Feet Forward, Nindrop, & Sliding Home now do 50 damage (down from 60)
  • Just Dessert now does 60 damage (down from 70)
  • Slightly increased combo damage scaling after Nindrop & Best Feet Forward
  • Increased combo damage scaling after Trap Drop
  • Adjusted Trap Drop interaction with some projectile reflect moves
  • Fixed Nindrop & Best Feet Forward sometimes being able to be performed after the opponent has interrupted themselves during a combo with specific timing

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Damn that was a QUICK pull back on Mavado. Harder to justify the 100 HP loss, but we'll see how it shakes out.

Hoping the combo scaling nerf on trap isnt too harsh. Been enjoying my ~28% damage grab combos on Kitana.

Damn that was a QUICK pull back on Mavado. Harder to justify the 100 HP loss, but we'll see how it shakes out.

Hoping the combo scaling nerf on trap isnt too harsh. Been enjoying my ~28% damage grab combos on Kitana.
My Ermac Mavado throw combo dropped 2.3%. Almost all of his combos using Mavado seemed to have dropped around that much, with some dropping as much as 3.8%.

I know it seems miniscule, but specifically the bar of >33.3% damage is crucial, and losing 100 health now looks less worthwhile to me. There's a chance I'll return to Kano or Cyrax for my Kameo choice, but I'm still sure the tools Mavado gives are very, very strong and honestly this may not end up hurting him too bad.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Id be happier for them to leave the combo damage untouched, but nerf the throw-into-mine setups - specifically for Kenshi, perhaps. But this isn't too bad at all, IMO.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
mavado became my favorite kameo with mileena quickly. not a fan of the changes since he still has -100 health. also why does his pushblock cost 2 bars lol. does nrs think it would be too much being 1 bar where more skilled players will be denying the opponent's offense more often?

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Thank God they fixed the bug where Mavado interrupts the opponents combos. Shit would have made combo breaker a Mickey Mouse tournament if they let it rock. My guess is that all the other nerfs came in because they weren't originally planning on having him legal at CB and now that he is they want to lean on the safe side and tone him down a bit.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
mavado became my favorite kameo with mileena quickly. not a fan of the changes since he still has -100 health. also why does his pushblock cost 2 bars lol. does nrs think it would be too much being 1 bar where more skilled players will be denying the opponent's offense more often?
Pushblock absolutely needs to be 2 bars. Flawless block in this game doesn't have the same buffer that it has in mk 11 so you're able to flawless block literally anything even if it jails. If pushblock was 1 bar it would just be MK11 again but with 0 counterplay. If it wasn't this expensive they would either have to completely change how flawless block works or we would end up in a all Mavado meta where you can never safely go for a block string.

rifraf

Noob
And that's fine but Mavado shouldn't take away 100 Health anymore. Maybe 50 but not 100.
Idk, he gives some crazy combo starters that normally characters don't have access to. Did you see what Reptile can do with him? The character is not playing the same game he usually plays when paired with Mavado. That kind of stuff comes at a price.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Way for some of you to overreact to completely reasonable nurffs to an obviously op kameo.

cryax is still great, dispite most people dumping him for no reason. So is this emo dude.

Never fails to astound that how no matter how minor a nurff is the reaction by some is that the character is dead and useless to use now.

This guy is STILL one of the most op general kameos in the game

Wigy

There it is...
Man NRS has a habit of lazy nerfs that don’t fix the issue.
Character has no usable tools- lets give them 100hp.
Mine lead to stupid interactions with how flexible and insane it is- nerf damage 2%

They really need to look at the cost of his pushblock, for that resource cost i would expect a highly scaling launcher

Idk, he gives some crazy combo starters that normally characters don't have access to. Did you see what Reptile can do with him? The character is not playing the same game he usually plays when paired with Mavado. That kind of stuff comes at a price.
I've seen. I know. But I'm not saying turn Mavado into 1100 Health Reiko/Tremor because of slightly increased damage scaling and a bug fix.
I'm saying that 50 more health will still be in line with the other -50 Kameos. Nothing really changes in this scenario for Reptile by doing that.

But characters like Nitara, Quan Chi and Geras? I feel like 50 matters more for the characters utilizing unique healthbar/comeback/armor mechanics to stay in the fight. There should be stuff that comes at a price but it seems wrong to strongly discourage those players using Mavado simply because the price is too steep to pay. Not unless we see some nasty players pick up these 800 Health characters and mop Peacemaker/Khameleons at Combo Breaker.

Now my suggestion also swings the other way, You would get 1050 Havik and Shao Kahn. Personally I think Shao/Mavado is what prompted the last minute scaling but it is what it is now.

Either way I think Mavado is still fine but I don't see the need for a full 100 health deduction. Maybe Combo Breaker will prove me wrong.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
He's exceptional with Mileena and gives utility to metering low sai. NRS once again knee jerking so we don't see 100 Mavados at Combo Breaker. This is despite having about as many Khameleons at the last soiree. This developer is beyond clueless. Let Mavado rock and people go ham, who gives AF? Finally get some good will back from the community only to piss it away.

Don't worry guys, "BIG THINGS ARE COMING."21692

All Hail Akuma and Season 2.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I dont see what mavado does to Reptile that is so useful to be honest. Grab combo into invisibility? A little more damage on bnbs? Janet gives him way more damage without sacrificing health. Khameleon gives him full screen presence, a fast overhead and that fan lift. Scorpion gives an overhead, more damage and invisibility setups.

I think he is fine with the nerfs, could do with -50 health instead of -100 though.

rifraf

Noob
Insane to think a zero risk reversal is useless
The utility is extremely good. In fact, it may be too powerful for this game, no one knows yet. My comment was solely on its cost. No matter how good it ends up being, it costs half a kameo, 2 bars, and it's locked behind a flawless block. In total, this costs MORE than a breaker.

Idk if this game needs a pushblock mechanic and honestly I don't think NRS knows either. If they wanted to make it viable they could. As it stands right now, it will never be used and it's maybe for the better.

This opens up a whole new discussion on how strong offence is in this game but I don't think the answer is giving everyone a universal pushblock tool. I think they should buff the defensive characters first, and see where the game lands.