What's new

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge Trailer

Hype!

Check out this first official trailer for the Scorpion's Revenge animated movie. This is set for a release date of Spring 2020. More details below!

The beloved Mortal Kombat video game franchise is getting the animated treatment with Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, and IGN is exclusively debuting the first trailer for the Mortal Kombat animated movie. The synopsis for Scorpion’s Revenge reads: “Based on the worldwide hit game created by Ed Boon & John Tobias, Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge spotlights the once-in-a-generation tournament between the champions of Outworld and Earthrealm - a competition that will ultimately determine the fate of Earth and all its citizens. Lord Raiden, protector of Earthrealm, must gather the greatest fighters of his realm to defend it from the evil Shang Tsung in the battle to end all battles - Mortal Kombat!”

As showcased in the Mortal Kombat animated movie trailer, Scorpion’s Revenge stars Joel McHale as Johnny Cage, Jennifer Carpenter as Sonya Blade, Jordan Rodrigues as Scorpion & Hanzo Hasashi, Steve Blum as Sub-Zero, Artt Butler as Shang Tsung, Darin De Paul as Quan Chi, Robin Atkin Downes as Kano, David B. Mitchell as Raiden, Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs, Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro, Grey Griffin as Kitana & Satoshi Hasashi, and Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer. Batman: Assault of Arkham’s Ethan Spaulding is directing Scorpion’s Revenge and Teen Titans Go! Vs. Teen Titans’ Jeremy Adams wrote the script. The release date for Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge is Spring 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Very nice trailer. Reptile looks very good and so is the rest of the cast.

maybe that kidfriendly version is not aimed at people who actually where alive during the first 2 games and instead tries to gain attraction by...you know..said kids who know jackshit about the mk lore...but its just a wild guess.
Except that this movie isn't kid friendly. It was confirmed to be Rated R for bloody violence thought and some language. Obviously they are not gonna show the more mature parts in the trailer.

Even NRS workers don’t know shit about MK lore. Believe me, they retconed so many shit I stopped counting.
When you try to use that excuse you could have the decency to:

1) Respect your own new continuity (Kabal and Erron retcons changing what the current timeline said anyway).

2) Not setting a point of divergence if you're going to change stuff from before that point (Mileena and Sindel past being retconned for meh versions when those events were millenia before the time split).

If someone wants to trick me into a retcon the least they can do is try to look intelligent lol.

It's like new employees don't even bother to read what the game story was before them smh...
So time bending shit explains how Liu Kang and Kung Lao personality were shit? Does it also explain how Sonya beat Geras? Or that Raiden beat Liu Kang who doubled his powers and the whole fight was IN THE FUCKING NETHERREAL, the place where Raiden is weak the most? I don’t think so.
Yes, that is the case. If it's a part of a new timeline then it's not a retcon, and they do respect the continuity. The whole Sindel thing is a twist to her story, that once you piece all of the things together it all makes perfect sense with the rest of the story, including Mileena. Also what changes were to Erron and Kabal? That Kabal faced Sonya while not burned like he got in MK9 (which BTW that in itself was already a change due to the timeline, as in this timeline he joined the police before getting burned, while in the original timeline he wasn't)? That Kabal was clearly taken from another timeline, or maybe even the beginning of this timeline with MK9, and just came back to the Black Dragon. That's not impossible.

Also how Kung Lao and Liu Kang's personality is shit? Because they showcase their rivalry more? Or because they were turned into Revenants who were brainwashed to believe that their past was nothing but a disaster? And when it was said in either timeline that Raiden is weaker in the NetherRealm? The only thing that is even remotely closed to it is that he said that he has no dominion in there, not that he is weaker in terms of power, and that was in the original timeline in MK Mythologies anyway, unlike with the fight against Liu Kang which was at the new timeline in MK11. And Sonya beating Gears was nothing significant as Gears immediately rose up. It's not like she dominated him or anything. She managed to defeat Quan Chi at the MKX story mode.

An example of a true retcon that truly contradicts the original story was the ending for MKA, because Taven was originally the one who defeated Blaze, but then it was changed to Shao Kahn so it could fit the MK9 story mode. But ever since the moment that Raiden altered the timeline, everything else was bound to change due to the timeline. It was all confirmed by NRS themselves way back in the day.

NRS do respect the story, they are making the best stories in all of fighting games. You just can't accept that things don't work the way you want them to. That's the truth.

Very nice trailer. Reptile looks very good and so is the rest of the cast.

Except that this movie isn't kid friendly. It was confirmed to be Rated R for bloody violence thought and some language. Obviously they are not gonna show the more mature parts in the trailer.

Yes, that is the case. If it's a part of a new timeline then it's not a retcon, and they do respect the continuity. The whole Sindel thing is a twist to her story, that once you piece all of the things together it all makes perfect sense with the rest of the story, including Mileena. Also what changes were to Erron and Kabal? That Kabal faced Sonya while not burned like he got in MK9 (which BTW that in itself was already a change due to the timeline, as in this timeline he joined the police before getting burned, while in the original timeline he wasn't)? That Kabal was clearly taken from another timeline, or maybe even the beginning of this timeline with MK9, and just came back to the Black Dragon. That's not impossible.

Also how Kung Lao and Liu Kang's personality is shit? Because they showcase their rivalry more? Or because they were turned into Revenants who were brainwashed to believe that their past was nothing but a disaster? And when it was said in either timeline that Raiden is weaker in the NetherRealm? The only thing that is even remotely closed to it is that he said that he has no dominion in there, not that he is weaker in terms of power, and that was in the original timeline in MK Mythologies anyway, unlike with the fight against Liu Kang which was at the new timeline in MK11. And Sonya beating Gears was nothing significant as Gears immediately rose up. It's not like she dominated him or anything. She managed to defeat Quan Chi at the MKX story mode.

An example of a true retcon that truly contradicts the original story was the ending for MKA, because Taven was originally the one who defeated Blaze, but then it was changed to Shao Kahn so it could fit the MK9 story mode. But ever since the moment that Raiden altered the timeline, everything else was bound to change due to the timeline. It was all confirmed by NRS themselves way back in the day.

NRS do respect the story, they are making the best stories in all of fighting games. You just can't accept that things don't work the way you want them to. That's the truth.
Man you’re hopeless. Time bending can’t change the rules applied on Raiden and it can’t change someone’s character. And you think I don’t call Sonya vs Quan Chi bullshit? Even Bi Han losing to Sonya was bs in MK9.

Man you’re hopeless. Time bending can’t change the rules applied on Raiden and it can’t change someone’s character. And you think I don’t call Sonya vs Quan Chi bullshit? Even Bi Han losing to Sonya was bs in MK9.
Yes it can, that's how it works, as things such special abilities like and personalities can change from timeline to timeline, because the circumferences for each thing and individual are for the most part the same across all of them if not even almost all the time.

And if Sonya can't beat even Bi-Han then who she can beat? Only other SF and Black Dragon members? Then how the hell she can be a credible character?

I'm sorry but all of that clearly shows that you're the hopeless one. FACTS.

Good to see MK gets an animated movie. It kinda looks like updated version of defenders of the real with MKx skins. preffered og skins

Yes it can, that's how it works, as things such special abilities like and personalities can change from timeline to timeline, because the circumferences for each thing and individual are for the most part the same across all of them if not even almost all the time.

And if Sonya can't beat even Bi-Han then who she can beat? Only other SF and Black Dragon members? Then how the hell she can be a credible character?

I'm sorry but all of that clearly shows that you're the hopeless one. FACTS.
SO, time travelling turns Kung Lao from a skilled warrior who could win MK1 and refused to participate only because he wanted to live like a normal guy into a cocky jealous idiot who gets his ass handed to him in MK9? Great.

Bi Han doesn’t lose to Sonya lol, he just CAN’T do that. That guy defeated fucking Gods. Same with Liu Kang ( MK9-MKX version who is an arrogant piece of shit, got redeemed in MK11).
Raiden WAS IS and ALWAYS will be weak outside Earthrrealm, there is literally NO mention of the contrary.
SOOOO Geras stops the time and can easily beat Liu and Lao but can’t do the same with Sonya? Fucking genius point there, man.
Shao Kahn loses to Kitana like a jobber? Really? The same Shao Kahn who was feared by other realms and got Raiden’s ass beaten in MK9 until the Elder Gods helped the latter and STILL had problems? (Raiden’s face was fucked up).
Do I have to mention Sindel’s fuck up? Even if her “role” was a ruse MK3’s fucking plot is around her WARD that kept Shao Kahn from ruling Earthrrealm, so you’re gonna tell me that all this was a cool trick of the developers to make us believe that Sindel was bad all along? No! It’s NRS’s stupid attempt to play smart and show us that SINDEL is the fucking Kaiser Sozel (Usual suspects) of MK.
Man, don’t even engage in an argument with me when it comes to lore of MK.

Also John Vogel
MK Armageddon: Taven wins and makes other combatants twice as strong so Armageddon is inevitable but Taven is the protector
MK9: Taven didn’t win, Shao Kahn did. There are 4 survivors: Shinnok, Shao Kahn, Liu Kang’s soul, Raiden who later dies.
Could’t that idiot just go like: Taven made everyone stronger and Shao Kahn killed him and the rest of the kombatants? The guy made so much shit up in the process

Not a fan of Scorp's(demon look) head looking like The Thing from Marvel or something maybe even Tremor lol. Just his forehead. But other than that minor complaint, looks awesome. NRS should give Raiden that move in future buffs, where he's flying around vertically with lightning all over him that looked sweet af.

I am still wondering which Sub-Zero this is, notice the cast says Steve Blum who voices Kuai Liang but we don't even hear him speak in this trailer at least which makes me wonder, some say that was Bi Han in the end but I don't think so had to be a Lin Kuei canon fodder Scorp took out, neither Sub would die that easily....

Will buy day one of course.

P.S. Regarding Raiden.... just want to say Raiden is never weak outside of Earthrealm only in Netherrealm. He may even be a little weaker in OW but he's still more than powerful enough to demolish just about anyone when they don't nerf the shit out of him. Just read the original comics and the canon game tie ins like mK 4 he oneshots a load of demons with electricity and MK X literally oneshots everyone while possessed by Havik when he used the Kamidogu on himself to foresee/amp his powers of the future. That and freaking put a hole through Fujin(literally) and Fujin was still alive mind you but Raiden healed him like a big ass hole through his body lol. Also in the MX comic he literally gets impaled by Scorpion and keeps fighting nearly killing him and Takeda. He also gets shot straight up by Erron Black before dropping a pillar on his ass lol. Not even remotely effected. Also, Ed boon at some point said bullets won't stop Raiden either so all that is canon. The first MK tie in comic I also seem to recall Raiden literally flying in mid air carrying Johnny and makes a portal in the sky, in that same series he lifts a freaking plane Superman style and flies it...Raiden is very powerful but they freaking nerf the shit out of him at times for sake of plot. I mean you saw what he and LK did at the end of MK 11....a lot of that was really Raiden's power.

So honestly That was bs plot device to nerf him. But even in NR which he admits is weaker there in MK 11, dude is still a freaking beast when going all out and of course Shinnok's amulet buffed him a bit but once they left he wasn't even using it, was just using his lightning swords cutting those countless demons down, early on he was literally vaporizing theirs asses out of existence lol.

Last edited:
B
Not a fan of Scorp's(demon look) head looking like The Thing from Marvel or something maybe even Tremor lol. Just his forehead. But other than that minor complaint, looks awesome. NRS should give Raiden that move in future buffs, where he's flying around vertically with lightning all over him that looked sweet af.

I am still wondering which Sub-Zero this is, notice the cast says Steve Blum who voices Kuai Liang but we don't even hear him speak in this trailer at least which makes me wonder, some say that was Bi Han in the end but I don't think so had to be a Lin Kuei canon fodder Scorp took out, neither Sub would die that easily....

Will buy day one of course.

P.S. Regarding Raiden.... just want to say Raiden is never weak outside of Earthrealm only in Netherrealm. He may even be a little weaker in OW but he's still more than powerful enough to demolish just about anyone when they don't nerf the shit out of him. Just read the original comics and the canon game tie ins like mK 4 he oneshots a load of demons with electricity and MK X literally oneshots everyone while possessed by Havik when he used the Kamidogu on himself to foresee/amp his powers of the future. That and freaking put a hole through Fujin(literally) and Fujin was still alive mind you but Raiden healed him like a big ass hole through his body lol. Also in the MX comic he literally gets impaled by Scorpion and keeps fighting nearly killing him and Takeda. He also gets shot straight up by Erron Black before dropping a pillar on his ass lol. Not even remotely effected. Also, Ed boon at some point said bullets won't stop Raiden either so all that is canon. The first MK tie in comic I also seem to recall Raiden literally flying in mid air carrying Johnny and makes a portal in the sky, in that same series he lifts a freaking plane Superman style and flies it...Raiden is very powerful but they freaking nerf the shit out of him at times for sake of plot. I mean you saw what he and LK did at the end of MK 11....a lot of that was really Raiden's power.

So honestly That was bs plot device to nerf him. But even in NR which he admits is weaker there in MK 11, dude is still a freaking beast when going all out and of course Shinnok's amulet buffed him a bit but once they left he wasn't even using it, was just using his lightning swords cutting those countless demons down, early on he was literally vaporizing theirs asses out of existence lol.
ut at the end of MK11 he stormed the place without the amulet AND beat Liu Kang who DOUBLED his powers ON HIS TURF. That’s ridiculous.

SO, time travelling turns Kung Lao from a skilled warrior who could win MK1 and refused to participate only because he wanted to live like a normal guy into a cocky jealous idiot who gets his ass handed to him in MK9? Great.

Bi Han doesn’t lose to Sonya lol, he just CAN’T do that. That guy defeated fucking Gods. Same with Liu Kang ( MK9-MKX version who is an arrogant piece of shit, got redeemed in MK11).
Raiden WAS IS and ALWAYS will be weak outside Earthrrealm, there is literally NO mention of the contrary.
SOOOO Geras stops the time and can easily beat Liu and Lao but can’t do the same with Sonya? Fucking genius point there, man.
Shao Kahn loses to Kitana like a jobber? Really? The same Shao Kahn who was feared by other realms and got Raiden’s ass beaten in MK9 until the Elder Gods helped the latter and STILL had problems? (Raiden’s face was fucked up).
Do I have to mention Sindel’s fuck up? Even if her “role” was a ruse MK3’s fucking plot is around her WARD that kept Shao Kahn from ruling Earthrrealm, so you’re gonna tell me that all this was a cool trick of the developers to make us believe that Sindel was bad all along? No! It’s NRS’s stupid attempt to play smart and show us that SINDEL is the fucking Kaiser Sozel (Usual suspects) of MK.
Man, don’t even engage in an argument with me when it comes to lore of MK.
Also John Vogel

Could’t that idiot just go like: Taven made everyone stronger and Shao Kahn killed him and the rest of the kombatants? The guy made so much shit up in the process
The fact you calling Vogel an idiot clearly shows your lack of credibility both as a human being and as an MK fan. At best case scenario, you just doesn't like seeing things change the way they can and when they can and you got no open mind. At worst, you just wanna prove you're smarter then everyone when you actually not. And Liu Kang's personality only changed because Kitana got killed and he couldn't except that fact that she died and he blamed all of that on Raiden. That's not even on the same level as of Sindel or even Kung Lao.

Again, any timeline can affect anyone and anything to be different from how they are in other timelines from very little to very much. That's why the story and personalities of both Kung Lao and Sindel can be changed. And in the case of Sindel, once you piece together everything from the MK9-MK11 story modes as well as the MK11 intros and Sindel's MK11 ending, everything pieces together and it makes perfect sense.

Also just like Sonya Blade was at the time of MK9 just a lesser class soldier of SF, Bi-Han was just another member of the Lin Kuei, unlike Kuai Liang who eventually became the Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei (although at the time of MK9 he also was just a regular member). The only difference between Bi-Han as Sub-Zero and Sonya is just the type of abilities that they have. So Sonya beating Bi-Han makes perfect sense, and if Bi-Han can defeat multiple gods, and Geras is not even an actual god but just a creation made by Kronika that and Geras HAS SOME DEGREE OF GODHOOD BUT NOT TO A FULL LEVEL, Sonya beating Geras also makes perfect sense.

Also Kitana is the princess of Edenia, she is the daughter of Sindel, so of course she would be able to beat Shao Khan. And regarding Raiden, the only reason that Shao Kahn kicked the shit out of him was only because THAT RAIDEN ALLOWED HIM TO, as Raiden finally understood that "HE MUST WIN" that the other Raiden told him refers to Shao Kahn, because beating Shao Kahn before the merge was but temporary. So he allowed Shao Kahn to beat him so that the Elder Gods would interfere and finally declare that Shao Kahn broke the rules of the Mortal Kombat tournament. Raiden didn't need the Elder Gods for their power boost, he needed them for their approval. I mean seriously, did you even play the MK9 story mode? I don't think you did, judging by that comment.

And no, they couldn't have gone for Shao Kahn to just beat everyone after Taven beat Blaze. That's because that Shao Kahn in MK9 actually got the power of Blaze and became a god himself, which he could've only done by him defeating Blaze himself, otherwise he might have still beat everyone, but not as powerful as he turned out to be. So it could've only work that way.

B

ut at the end of MK11 he stormed the place without the amulet AND beat Liu Kang who DOUBLED his powers ON HIS TURF. That’s ridiculous.
But once again, he is still the Thunder God, so Liu Kang doubling his power would obviously not mean that Raiden can't beat Liu Kang with that power boost.

You are the only one who tries to look smart here, when you are not. You clearly didn't pay attention to the full lore and/or you picked just a very selective pieces of it just to fit your narrative. I'm sure that if you are gonna respond here, you are gonna deny all of those facts, calling all of that bullshit, pull other selective parts of that lore and even twist them around, all with more curse words on the side of the plate, just to make yourself look smarter. But I wouldn't do that if I were you. Just saying.

The fact you calling Vogel an idiot clearly shows your lack of credibility both as a human being and as an MK fan. At best case scenario, you just doesn't like seeing things change the way they can and when they can and you got no open mind. At worst, you just wanna prove you're smarter then everyone when you actually not. And Liu Kang's personality only changed because Kitana got killed and he couldn't except that fact that she died and he blamed all of that on Raiden. That's not even on the same level as of Sindel or even Kung Lao.

Again, any timeline can affect anyone and anything to be different from how they are in other timelines from very little to very much. That's why the story and personalities of both Kung Lao and Sindel can be changed. And in the case of Sindel, once you piece together everything from the MK9-MK11 story modes as well as the MK11 intros and Sindel's MK11 ending, everything pieces together and it makes perfect sense.

Also just like Sonya Blade was at the time of MK9 just a lesser class soldier of SF, Bi-Han was just another member of the Lin Kuei, unlike Kuai Liang who eventually became the Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei (although at the time of MK9 he also was just a regular member). The only difference between Bi-Han as Sub-Zero and Sonya is just the type of abilities that they have. So Sonya beating Bi-Han makes perfect sense, and if Bi-Han can defeat multiple gods, and Geras is not even an actual god but just a creation made by Kronika that and Geras HAS SOME DEGREE OF GODHOOD BUT NOT TO A FULL LEVEL, Sonya beating Geras also makes perfect sense.

Also Kitana is the princess of Edenia, she is the daughter of Sindel, so of course she would be able to beat Shao Khan. And regarding Raiden, the only reason that Shao Kahn kicked the shit out of him was only because THAT RAIDEN ALLOWED HIM TO, as Raiden finally understood that "HE MUST WIN" that the other Raiden told him refers to Shao Kahn, because beating Shao Kahn before the merge was but temporary. So he allowed Shao Kahn to beat him so that the Elder Gods would interfere and finally declare that Shao Kahn broke the rules of the Mortal Kombat tournament. Raiden didn't need the Elder Gods for their power boost, he needed them for their approval. I mean seriously, did you even play the MK9 story mode? I don't think you did, judging by that comment.

And no, they couldn't have gone for Shao Kahn to just beat everyone after Taven beat Blaze. That's because that Shao Kahn in MK9 actually got the power of Blaze and became a god himself, which he could've only done by him defeating Blaze himself, otherwise he might have still beat everyone, but not as powerful as he turned out to be. So it could've only work that way.

But once again, he is still the Thunder God, so Liu Kang doubling his power would obviously not mean that Raiden can't beat Liu Kang with that power boost.

You are the only one who tries to look smart here, when you are not. You clearly didn't pay attention to the full lore and/or you picked just a very selective pieces of it just to fit your narrative. I'm sure that if you are gonna respond here, you are gonna deny all of those facts, calling all of that bullshit, pull other selective parts of that lore and even twist them around, all with more curse words on the side of the plate, just to make yourself look smarter. But I wouldn't do that if I were you. Just saying.
You make shit up just like Vogel lol and moreover it really appears like you don’t know ANYTHING about the lore.

You make shit up just like Vogel lol and moreover it really appears like you don’t know ANYTHING about the lore.
I'm actually surprised, you actually gave an even less countering response that I've expected that surely proves my point, because you got nothing to counter it, because you know that everything I've said is the truth.

And on that note, this argument is over. Not talking to you anymore, there is no point in doing so.

I'm actually surprised, you actually gave an even less countering response that I've expected that surely proves my point, because you got nothing to counter it, because you know that everything I've said is the truth.

And on that note, this argument is over. Not talking to you anymore, there is no point in doing so.
Whatever makes you happy. You’d believe that Mo kap’s the strongest guy in the universe. This isn’t an argument if you can’t get any fact beside “yeah, Sonya beating Gerasakes perfect sense”. Pathetic

MK lore sucks anyways, there are pre established jobbers like reptile and baraka and that's just how it is. Stop thinking logically cause it will hurt your brain, the bad guys in X 11 are just comically incompetent

Man some of y'all saying this animation looks cheap? I'm guessing you haven't seen REAL cheap animation, like the rebooted Sailor Moon series lmao. It's a different style and more cartoony, kinda gives a Ninja Turtles vibe, but it looks good.