What's new

Mortal Kombat: Defenders of WTF

I made a thread a long time ago about this show, funny as fuck.

EDIT: I ment the original show, not this particular video.. LOL

dreemernj

Ambassador
So terrible.

Wasn't Nightwolf an immature computer geek in this or something? I remember thinking they must have stolen the idea from Sim in SF the movie.

I don't mean to bump a really old thread, but I just had to reply to this. I loved this show when I was little, I mean Jesus, it was a Mortal Kombat cartoon on Saturday (or was it Sunday?) morning that as best I remember, was followed by a Street Fighter cartoon. It seemingly followed the events of the first movie (they made references to it in a few episodes, like Sub/Liu Kang, Kang/Shang, Sonya/Kano, except she doesn't kill Kano), and was fun for it's time.

HOWEVER...I watched pretty much the entire series in the past few days on DVD. It's so cheesy now, it's like they tried to make an X-Men cartoon with Mortal Kombat guys. None of the characters seemed/talked like themselves, and the biggest slap in the face was Nightwolf, who was a computer geek like stated earlier in the thread. The show had good fight/action sequences, but other than that, it just flat out sucks.