What's new

Mortal Kombat Community-Driven FAQ

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Story Time!
When I first purchased Mortal Kombat, I sad “Ooooh lookie, a Strategy Guide to go with it! I’m sure it will be filled with lots of useful information and will really help me better my game.”

I read through it and I learned some fascinating things:
1) Cyber Sub-Zero is the worst character in the game.
2) Shang Tsung is the best.
3) What every attack looks like frame-by-frame.
4) Sheeva and Baraka are the only good match-ups in this game.

“Well, that sucked dick.” I thought to myself. “I bet I could write a better guide than that!”
I started hearing the same sentiment from other gamers.

Two guys I know (DragonPick & HolyWhiteMage) were working on a combo-guide with lots of community feedback, and I had an epiphany: the best course of action was to create a community-driven FAQ for each character.

So, that is what we sought out to do. I realize that none of the sections are complete and many have straight-up wrong information in them. This is meant to be a community-driven project, and most sections were written by someone who doesn’t main the characters in question. Contribute what you can and help correct it with the right information.

Any and all feedback is appreciated. I know I don’t have to tell you guys this, but let’s keep it civil.

LINK TO GUIDE: http://bit.ly/q4a2jl

Please contribute to your main and let’s get this, a guide for OUR game written by US, up and going.
Contributions can also be made to: [email protected]

Thanks Guys!

Seapeople

This one's for you
There already is an in depth strategy guide made by a member of the MK community though: Tom Brady's Living Guide

I really appreciate what you're wanting to do, but this whole website already basically accomplishes what you are trying to do through one topic. It has organized sections for the community to discuss and figure out how to best play MK9 and all the characters in it.

Panque

Random foreign guy
Guess theres no such thing as too many guides. Good to see different points of view. Keep it up.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
There already is an in depth strategy guide made by a member of the MK community though: Tom Brady's Living Guide

I really appreciate what you're wanting to do, but this whole website already basically accomplishes what you are trying to do through one topic. It has organized sections for the community to discuss and figure out how to best play MK9 and all the characters in it.
This is true, but the website goes far more in depth than this ever could. As does Tom Brady's guide. This is really just to cover the basics of competitive play, what I feel the PRIMA Guide failed to do.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Just glanced at the Kitana section. Saw this: "Kitana doesn't do a lot of damage."

What? I mean, the guide looks nice and everything, but I hope you realize she's in the top tier of combo damage.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Just glanced at the Kitana section. Saw this: "Kitana doesn't do a lot of damage."

What? I mean, the guide looks nice and everything, but I hope you realize she's in the top tier of combo damage.
I don't play Kitana. I wrote 3 sections. None of them Kitana ... lol
... It's community-driven. I'm assuming whoever wrote it meant hit-for-hit. I will change the wording though. Thanks for pointing it out.

This is the reason I posted. ^_^

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
That guide is great, but I'm sad I can't contribute, everything I know is already up there :) .

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Thanks! & Thanks to everyone that has e-mailed me snippets already. I'll be sure to credit you as I work them in. ^_^