What's new

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection CONFIRMED FOR SUMMER 2011!!

Grindfox said:
I think I have seen these Mortal Kombat games before, they look fun.
I know this was a joke but in all honesty i can't wait for all the fresh starters to try to tell me about all the glitches that they Know and the "Have you seen this Fatality yet?" Or "Bet you haven't seen this before" lol

I think i will just play along haha

I don't even use a stick and may pick that up. Looks really nice and retro, pretty sick. Also, I think if you get it at Gamestop you get the MK Arcade Kollection for free!

Gematria

Noob
That thing looks bad ass! But wait, how does someone have this already? I thought it was coming out with kollection?

btbb99

Noob
OJuggernaut0 said:
I don't even use a stick and may pick that up. Looks really nice and retro, pretty sick. Also, I think if you get it at Gamestop you get the MK Arcade Kollection for free!
i was thinking the same thing lol.. but no i won't get it cause i'm terrible with a stick anymore but that stick is just about as pretty as it can get!

Skillz

Noob
Tim Static said:
They had the 3 games at the PDP tourney in Vegas on that "arcade cab".
nice, any word on how the games played, looked?

I'm reallly glad this is coming out, but like others said..a good netcode (please ggpo), online options, button config, etc is needed. Hope more info on details soon.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
so i asked a few people about this that were at the pdp tourny, said its good to go, just looks like poop on the hd screen

X820

Noob
btbb99 said:
does anybody know exactly why the HD part of the kollection was dropped? i would love to know! thanks
I believe it was Tim who mentioned earlier that it had to do with quality, remaking graphics and animations would change the games. You know we would all be pissed if that happened lol.
I sure hope they will at least upscale the games in one form or another to get rid of that 16bit look (especially mk1+2).

Tim Static

Adminerator
yup, it just wasnt working, and it was actually killing the games, not improving them.

With that being said, i wish they would just do a remake of MKT, or a recreate it with new actors, refilmed etc. The OG MKT was balls anyways, so who cares if its changed lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
The HD kollection was supposed to have been released before MK9, fyi. it just didnt work and they gave up when they realized it was gonna change too much.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
im with scheiss, want to atleast see what they had going on. a remake of mkt sounds badass, it would be either a hit or miss

X820

Noob
ScheissNussen said:
I want to go to Chicago and help them make the new one. But Ill settle for seeing the sprites. I'd drive there and sleep on a rug in front of the office refrigerator if they'd let me work for free on it.
Haha if this isn't twitter worthy I don't know what is! :p

Skillz

Noob
GoldenOreos said:
so i asked a few people about this that were at the pdp tourny, said its good to go, just looks like poop on the hd screen
Hmmm..well if it looks like MK2 on PSN, I can live with it. It doesn't look that bad on my HD TV.

NoDoubtArion said:
^ - ya which is why u shudda been on mame earlier I can host 2v2s wit 4 players !
I have too many problems with my laptop to play on mame. A major one is the screen's backlight. I can only keep it on the absolute dimmest setting or the screen will shut off. It was difficult for me to see that time when you, me, and Br0ken were playing. I don't even need to mention the delay and disconnects we had. I probably would have loved some 2v2s.

Still hyped for this, I'm thinking this will bring in a lot of players for UMK3 since it's on both platforms. And since MK9 is getting a lot of tournaments exposure, maybe people will want to play the best MK game there is too!