What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Somewhat off-topic, but relevant here... what's the process of jailbreaking a PS3 like nowadays?

I jailbroke mine like 5-6 years ago and it was a fairly easy process. I want to say I couldn't get online because you'd get banned or something, not sure anymore. I went back to official firmware and later tried to jailbreak again, but it wasn't doable. You had to be on like 3.41 or earlier (whatever the number was).

Is that still the case?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Somewhat off-topic, but relevant here... what's the process of jailbreaking a PS3 like nowadays?

I jailbroke mine like 5-6 years ago and it was a fairly easy process. I want to say I couldn't get online because you'd get banned or something, not sure anymore. I went back to official firmware and later tried to jailbreak again, but it wasn't doable. You had to be on like 3.41 or earlier (whatever the number was).

Is that still the case?
3.55 OFW & anything earlier is your best bet. Most modding website for older system will have a link for it.

Just read the instructions and have a USB ready.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
3.55 OFW & anything earlier is your best bet. Most modding website for older system will have a link for it.

Just read the instructions and have a USB ready.
That's what I remembered. I updated too far and was never able to jailbreak again. Sucks.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
f413 being - 5 on block and OH not even being able to get at least 1 rep of his reset(?) really kills his corner game all together.
The mod has a bunch of limitations. It's impossible to do just that to the reset due to the nature of it. Which is why the midscreen game got improved. He gets 37% midscreen meterless now, f41 got reworked so that he no longer has the whiffing issues as well.

If just limiting his reset was possible, that would have been the plan. That and fixing f41. It's why Smoke and Cyrax got the changes they did. Hell, we can't even get rid of Cyrax's reset. There's a lot of workaround changes because it's such poor coding.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
@SHAOLIN
is there a problem with your youtube links? I can't see the videos.
@THTB
I still fully intend to remove Cyrax's reset. Haven't worked in TE in about a month, but I do plan to get back to it sometime. It's mostly frustrating, really. I have to find a makeshift way to remove the reset.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
is there a problem with your youtube links? I can't see the videos.
I refresh the page & its working fine, mine you I did post it on mobile though.

If not too much trouble, quote that post, copy the url & paste it to Google's search engine.

NSR

@SHAOLIN
thanks, that worked.
Checked both videos. I never heard of these issues before, though REO states in the comments of the Raiden video that it was apparently patched out. Apparently that's not the case for Jax. I'll ask around, thanks again!

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I still fully intend to remove Cyrax's reset. Haven't worked in TE in about a month, but I do plan to get back to it sometime. It's mostly frustrating, really. I have to find a makeshift way to remove the reset.
His net is the key to do the reset... so, what about making his net slighly slower on start-up?

NSR

@Bruno-NeoSpace
Nah, that would be too big of a change. it would affect the net outside of bomb combos, and possibly hurt his bnbs as well.
The ideal thing would be to alter the reaction used or the type of reaction that's selected for the 2nd net.
I was able to find the rerouter (as the game calls it) but haven't gotten much other than swapping the air reaction for the ground one, a game crash, and typically, opponent glitches out and stays in the air lying face up.
As for the speed of the reaction itself, nothing so far.

Matix218

Get over here!
I would love to play this but i dont have a pc that can handle gaming... I wish there was a way that more people could play this! Mk9 was such a fun game and it would be awesome to have it revived in the community by this re-balanced version. Really cool that this even exists though either way

NSR

there's a couple of optimization fixes for PC MK9.
Did you try the dedicated memory fix?