What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Online Lag Tier

Luija1006

since 1995
I am an online player. I know Kung Lao and Raiden are gods in lag, but I am doing pretty well with Scorpion (main), Kenshi and Ermac, to the point I am 601-250 W/L ratio (most loses are from trying new characters). Yesterday I tried Rain online.. and that was fucking horrible. So people, What's the lag tier in this game?

I played a Rain online yesterday who was lagging a lot and he didn't seem to be suffering. The lag makes it impossible to punish his teleport to the point that he had a huge advantage and his combos don't seem to have very difficult timing compared to those of others.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Not doing a whole Tier list, but these characters are easier to play in lag than others:
REPTILE, Sub-Zero, Ermac, Smoke, Kenshi, Sheeva

and these characters hate lag with a purple passion:
JADE, Shang Tsung, Mileena, Rain, Skarlet, Raiden

Yes. Raiden. Go try 3, 3, 4, xxTeleport, (F+2), Electrocute, B3, 1, 2 or to try and link a 3, 3, 4 after an Electrocute in lag. Or his flasher Corner combo (3, 3, 4, Vicinity Blast, 4, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, Electrocute, F+1, 3, Electric Fly)

But, do note that Raiden spam is highly playable online.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
lao hands down... that low hat trap is stupid hard to get out of sometimes with lag
and dont get me started with spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin

jonny cage is just one big frame trap so that with lag is unbearable

raiden for obvious reasons

i heard reptile because of dash but i wouldnt know thats my main

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
My two mains are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Reptile gets many advantages because of the lag, with Jax... it's impossible to land a corner combo.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
CSZ suffer alot in lag since whiffing many of his strings and specials leave him wide open.

aj1701

Noob
Yes. Raiden. Go try 3, 3, 4, xxTeleport, (F+2), Electrocute, B3, 1, 2 or to try and link a 3, 3, 4 after an Electrocute in lag. Or his flasher Corner combo (3, 3, 4, Vicinity Blast, 4, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, Electrocute, F+1, 3, Electric Fly)
Raiden has combos? Who knew?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Play whoever the hell you want online, it's not like online means anything. I'm surprised you guys can still put up with online, been about 3 weeks since I've even loaded up the game, that's how tired of lag and input delay I am. I'd rather not play the game than put up with that shit.

I mean, really, the fact that people actually care about their W/L ratios and online rank amidst all that garbage is just funny. Hell, all you have to do to get a good ratio and rank in this game is steal wifi; likely your connection will be so appallingly bad that your opponent won't be able to block.

Even then, half the randoms you'll play, can't even fuzzy guard a mid or perform a basic bnb; once you've thwarted their naked xrays they pretty much just roll over and give up. When I receive hatemail, it's usually some idiot complaining about the fact that they can't understand the basic mechanics of this game and keep blocking low when I'm clearly doing a mid animation. And yet, these are the people who NRS cater to.

:jerkoff:

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Not doing a whole Tier list, but these characters are easier to play in lag than others:
REPTILE, Sub-Zero, Ermac, Smoke, Kenshi, Sheeva

and these characters hate lag with a purple passion:
JADE, Shang Tsung, Mileena, Rain, Skarlet, Raiden

But, do note that Raiden spam is highly playable online.
I can do all of Raiden's combos pretty easily online, and I barely play the guy.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Sadly, the "online tier list" is what 99.someshit% of people recognize as the official tier list.

That said, Raiden and Lao are borderline-broken online. I'm almost considering rage quitting on the select screen if I see people picking them :D

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Online is moderate lag, Liu Kang is pretty hard to get by, because of the fuzzy guard delay.
And of course Raiden is God and Kung Lao is his son, Jesus.

Kung Lao, Raiden, Mileena, Kano, Sub Zero, pure zoner Ermac.

I think lag hurts absolutely everyone else though, including Kenshi and Repitle.

Play whoever the hell you want online, it's not like online means anything. I'm surprised you guys can still put up with online, been about 3 weeks since I've even loaded up the game, that's how tired of lag and input delay I am. I'd rather not play the game than put up with that shit.

I mean, really, the fact that people actually care about their W/L ratios and online rank amidst all that garbage is just funny.
Why is offline any more the "real" game than online is? The vast, vast majority of players play online rather than off, and many of us have no other option.

Not that I don't seethe with rage at people who deliberately turn on torrents as soon as they start losing, too.