What's new

Mortal Kombat 11: The Epic Saga Continues!!

Fujin is the latest fixation of the autistic side of the MK fanbase that wouldn't shut the fuck up about Tremor. Then Tremor came out and nobody cared.

I can't wait for Fujin/Havik to be the next 3D era geeks to release so we can all be reminded listening to that portion of the MK fanbase will result in bankruptcy.
Speak for yourself on Tremor. And I'm sure NRS and Warner Brothers can survive a slightly obscure DLC character being released lmao

Art Lean

Noob
I'm not putting anything past NRS, the last time I assumed from NRS was when I assumed They were going to put Baraka in MKXL judging by his silhouette in the teaser

And then oops a chestburster pops out of Baraka and Leatherface is chasing Ermac and Quan Chi like they have no sorcery or magic to stop him at range.
Hmm, just watching those clips (I freely admit that even though I've been an MK fan since 1992, I had an MK "dark age" between Armageddon and XL and didn't buy any new titles after Armageddon until I got XL on sale... shall we say that life's difficulties, "got in the way" ugh), anyway I think retrospectively, and I assume it's this clip you refer to:
For me it does seem to be quite self-aware as a character pack trailer, especially with the roster at the end walking towards the screen, none of which affected story mode.

I'm happy to be proven to be wrong (hey I'm cool either way, I love MK11, new content's new content), but irrespective of a new Kombat Pack, I was literally taking the new trailer solely from the perspective as a new expansion of story-mode (not even assuming who would even be a playable character, my perspective was solely about story mode which I accept will have some legacy characters as nothing more than NPC roles or unplayable opponents), I still would like to believe that that's three MK characters walking through the portal. I still assume that for what appears to be a story mode trailer, they're not showing any new guest characters there.

As I said, I don't doubt there will be new guests, I just don't think that this trailer is about the guests, it's about story mode, but as I said above, I also wasn't actually making any assumptions about playable characters, solely about characters who'll appear in the story mode of which it could be many, so forgive me if you got that impression.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Now all Shang tsung needs to do is make sure Jax never meets his wife so we won't have Jacqui anymore
This is a bit off-topic, but since Terminator is now in MK it's not anymore haha... anyway I've wondered for years, what if Terminator had just been passive aggressive in changing the timeline instead of a cybernetic gun-toting murder monster? The butterfly effect of our own lives in how we may have met significant others (best friends, lovers, partners, spouses etc.) can often be traced back to really really trivial events... a party you attended because a friend needed a wingman, a house-party you didn't want to go to and met the love of your life, whatever.

Likewise The Terminator never needed to actually murder anyone, all it had to do was discover how two people met (like Sarah Connor's grandparents shared the same bus ride in 1925 that resulted in a polite chat that led to a family tree from which their offspring's history was determined), you could have a Terminator go back in time and rather than kill someone, he just has to stop someone catching the 12.15 bus through a boring conversation ("Oh wow those are lovely shoes, can you direct me to what shop you got them from? Please explain slowly because as you can tell by my accent, my English isn't very good!"), recommending an alternative night out to going to a nightclub that night ("We're all going over to my friend's house to binge watch watch Mortal Kombat Defenders of The Realm and argue over how it contradicts the main lore, wanna come, there's pizza?"), which way to swipe on Tinder that day ("hmmm she looks a bit of a munter in the third photo, plus way too many Snapchat filters, best swipe left bud"), agreeing to go to that New Years party ("let's just stay in, watch TV and get a takeaway, David's party will probably be shit and every girl he knows is a recovering meth addict"), or whatever it may be and BAM history is rewritten.

Hell he can just go, "Kyle Reese? Pfft, loser. Check out these guns. And I'm not talking about a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range. I'm talking about these fine swans. Netflix and chill?"

Doesn't make much of a movie though. Terminator 7: "Passively Annoying Cockblocker" doesn't have the same ring to it as "JUDGEMENT DAY" CHA-CHA-CHUNK-CHA-CHUNK:p

Last edited:
oooooh everyone getting excited.... can't wait to see the backlash once it's released.

Here’s hoping they release them for free
release him in a patch for free
cyrax and sektor for free
Yeah... ok....

They may release some skins or stage/s, like they did with the MKXL update... but people are in some fantasy land thinking that there's going to be a bunch of free content incoming.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
oooooh everyone getting excited.... can't wait to see the backlash once it's released.

Yeah... ok....

They may release some skins or stage/s, like they did with the MKXL update... but people are in some fantasy land thinking that there's going to be a bunch of free content incoming.
A

All I mentioned were stages, which is not unrealistic.

If KP2 doesn't have a Noob-Saibot level fan favorite then I truly hope MK11 gets a big gameplay overhaul/review or it'll be a game with no hype going forward in any way.

Story mode continuation is probably the biggest waste of time/resources. You're going to play this once, maybe twice to get excited for MK12 in a few years from now.