What's new

MoonSpell wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Poland's Level Up Bar Warszawa!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Congrats @MoonSpell for that win, it wasn't a easy one, specially because Cyrax.

I know lots of ppl do say Skarlet is good against Cyrax, yes she is, but still a single Skarlet mistake while cyrax has meter is enough to win the round, just because he is fucking Cyrax.

I know and understand why you didn't risk more technical setups or counters, but what you did is exacly the enough that takes to even to fight against Cyrax.

Great matches, amazing game control of the game in the begginning, it was one of my favourite parts, you were avoiding and clearly you knew exactly what you were doing.

One of the things you also have that is very rare on Skarlet's players is the gear switching, and i have to congratuçate you because this alone improves your gameplay and playstyle a lot, and allows for more godlike reads, that was also why the commentators were talking about how the hell you were reading cyrax movements

I think you did explored a good chunk of his weakness very well, and for that you deserve that win, and you also got to play with his mind, which is highly recommended, there was a moment you choose to play the full meter threat game, by punishing anything without armoring and that was really getting on his nerves, making him droping combos on moments he should have stayed cold.

i understand the converter problems, so i won't be much severe because i know how this matchup is, you did what was necessary to win and it really worked incredibly well, specially because you had all the matchup requirements to stay on your toes against Cyrax, iaD included.

I would, advice you to be carefull with the back jumps, i know you were trying to bait nets to ex dash trough it but once the cyrax notice that he might start to take this oportunnity to setup bombs on the screen, even if the main goal is not arm you, he is still building up meter which is bad.

Also, take more advantage of mental advantage, you trained him to block crouching the whole set with the slides and you could use some rd~ds oportunities that you left in the open, but still the fact that you didn't use it earlier, also helped you to get that ex downslash restart in the last moment of the tournament which gave you the win.

And more important chill, crimson dash is good, do not randomly perform downslashes everytime you wakeup with it, this was giving him good chances of coming back in the fight as he whiff punished you every single time you wasted a meter like that, that was one of your fewer mistakes.

But overall, you did showed a top skarlet gameplay in the most aspects of the game, i'm proud and i applauded from my house with so much hapiness in my face every time you punished him and bait him into mistakes, and of course when you took the tournament.

I gladly say you're the best european Skarlet player right know and one of the best skarlets in the world, and even with the converters handicaped, you still managed to win a 4-6 Cyrax matchup like a 5-5 one, and now i'm more hyped to see more future games from you from this point out, because you my brother, you have clearly grown as a Skarlet player.

Respect.

off breakdown.

@RedRaptor10 @Ninj @AssassiN @AK L0rdoftheFLY @SaJa @FCP/EMP SCAR I think we've seen also a different Skarlet's playstyle among our owns. So now i can safely say that all Skarlet players do play her different, this character has to be in MKX:D

AssassiN

Noob
Congrats @MoonSpell for that win, it wasn't a easy one, specially because Cyrax.

I know lots of ppl do say Skarlet is good against Cyrax, yes she is, but still a single Skarlet mistake while cyrax has meter is enough to win the round, just because he is fucking Cyrax.

I know and understand why you didn't risk more technical setups or counters, but what you did is exacly the enough that takes to even to fight against Cyrax.

Great matches, amazing game control of the game in the begginning, it was one of my favourite parts, you were avoiding and clearly you knew exactly what you were doing.

One of the things you also have that is very rare on Skarlet's players is the gear switching, and i have to congratuçate you because this alone improves your gameplay and playstyle a lot, and allows for more godlike reads, that was also why the commentators were talking about how the hell you were reading cyrax movements

I think you did explored a good chunk of his weakness very well, and for that you deserve that win, and you also got to play with his mind, which is highly recommended, there was a moment you choose to play the full meter threat game, by punishing anything without armoring and that was really getting on his nerves, making him droping combos on moments he should have stayed cold.

i understand the converter problems, so i won't be much severe because i know how this matchup is, you did what was necessary to win and it really worked incredibly well, specially because you had all the matchup requirements to stay on your toes against Cyrax, iaD included.

I would, advice you to be carefull with the back jumps, i know you were trying to bait nets to ex dash trough it but once the cyrax notice that he might start to take this oportunnity to setup bombs on the screen, even if the main goal is not arm you, he is still building up meter which is bad.

Also, take more advantage of mental advantage, you trained him to block crouching the whole set with the slides and you could use some rd~ds oportunities that you left in the open, but still the fact that you didn't use it earlier, also helped you to get that ex downslash restart in the last moment of the tournament which gave you the win.

And more important chill, crimson dash is good, do not randomly perform downslashes everytime you wakeup with it, this was giving him good chances of coming back in the fight as he whiff punished you every single time you wasted a meter like that, that was one of your fewer mistakes.

But overall, you did showed a top skarlet gameplay in the most aspects of the game, i'm proud and i applauded from my house with so much hapiness in my face every time you punished him and bait him into mistakes, and of course when you took the tournament.

I gladly say you're the best european Skarlet player right know and one of the best skarlets in the world, and even with the converters handicaped, you still managed to win a 4-6 Cyrax matchup like a 5-5 one, and now i'm more hyped to see more future games from you from this point out, because you my brother, you have clearly grown as a Skarlet player.

Respect.

off breakdown.

@RedRaptor10 @Ninj @AssassiN @AK L0rdoftheFLY @SaJa @FCP/EMP SCAR I think we've seen also a different Skarlet's playstyle among our owns. So now i can safely say that all Skarlet players do play her different, this character has to be in MKX:D
He played very good, he has improved a lot since the last tournament in the Netherlands.
I just hope that I have people to play with offline when MK X comes out or atleast good netcode. Because the lack of both has seriously held me back in MK9.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
@Eddy Wang I appreciate the breakdown and took what You said to the heart.

I could remain a Kabal player and never think of changing a main when it comes down to tournament play, but because Kabal was what he was and I knew I have the skills and I don't need him to win I found new interest in Skarlet and started to main her with confidence.

Long story short I am proud I play Skarlet as she is complex character which is so much fun and I was able to become a top player and invent my own costom style.

None of that would happen of course if guys like You wouldn't invented and explore her in the first place.

Since the day one I knew she would replace Kabal and give me joy and what's more important I won't be hearing that I am playing OP character that dose the job for me - am too good for that and I don't need it "he needs it".

I couldn't imagine a better finals. Coming from a LB dealing with 4-6 mu and being able to pull this off that well.

The Cyrax mu curved in me so much since he is able to finish me off in one blow.

On the one side I hate that fact but on the other it brings so much joy when he's laying down like a yellow carpet.

There might be some action here in Poland before end of the year so I might bring some more Skarlet hype in mean time while we all are waiting MK X.

Best regards to:
Eddie and entire Skarlet forum members.

To TYM Mods for bringing this article to Front page.

And of course my sparing partner, @Kosu - without Your dirty sick Cyrax I won't be what I am as Skarlet player today.
If on the next tournament You want to beat me You have to outplay me regardless of how badly broken tools You got up Your sleeve - it still won't be enough to be at the top friend.

Remember soon a day will come(MK:X) where You will have to do much more then hit confirm one net and have one bar of meter and good muscle memory to win, so I am looking forward to our next tournament play Bro.