What's new

Montreal Mayhem #16: New Cat Meta! Ecodus wins IGAU! T.Roll wins MK9!

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Montreal Mayhem #16

Season II

"Well... I lost! TIME TO START DRINKING!" - An Olde Bacon Saying

This week got small numbers for both Injustice and MK, hovering around eight isn't bad with @KRYS9984 not being about to make it, @xQUANTUMx getting bodied by fatherhood, @Darkbloom was out of town, @Jer was busy and we have no idea what happened to Seb and Steve...

On a good note, @hard_goodbye was able to make it out of his constant work crunch to play some Injustice and enjoy some delicious BASHA! We also had someone at the actual venue named Gio play. He was just really drunk and having fun but, the more the merrier!

The lack of KRYS also meant a lack of a camera, so no match recording. Additionally we learn that @T.roll is NEVER allowed to run the paper bracket ever again!

Injustice
The first round had T.Roll sweeping Gio 3 - 0 due to the fact he actually plays this game. @CanadianBaconX loses 3 - 0 to @Ecodus ... Again. @Pest0Swami then took down @Mortal Komhat , 3 -0, with Hatman was showing signs of rust from missing a week of playing this game. Then finally in the closest match of the first round @Chuckychuck and Hard Goodbye went the distance and Goodbye showed no signs of rust for being gone to lone, sending Chuck to losers with a 3 - 2.

In the next round T.Roll and PestoSwami both get 3 - 0'd by the 'Superior Catwomen' in Goodbye and Ecodus respectively. This lead to an All Catwoman Winner's Finals, Goodbye did well but Ecodus showed why he was the leader of the #MeowMixArmy taking the set 3 - 1 and moving onto Grand Finals.

In losers Gio once again gets 3 - 0'd as Chuck knowledge of the game was too much for him. On the other side of that round, Bacon exploited Hatman's rustiness taking their set 3 - 0 as well.

Chuck moved on to take out one of the many Catwoman players in PestoSwami with a 3 - 2, another close set and a good showing for Pesto. T.Roll and Bacon faced off in the other match of this part of the bracket. This time T.Roll was able to take out Bacon with his Martian Manhunter making him much more salty than usual.

Chuck and T.Roll faced off for the spot in Loser's finals and while T.roll put up a good fight, Chuck's Nightwing was able to squeeze out the victory in a very close 3 - 2.

Loser's Finals was a rematch of the first round, with Chuck looking to get revenge on Goodbye. These guys went the distance once again, going 3 - 2 again and much like the first round Hard Goodbye walked away the victor sending him into Grand Finals for another Catwoman mirror.

Ecodus and Goodbye had a great Grand Finals set, putting it all out there. They went tooth and nail? Err... Claw and whip? At each other and despite Goodbye making it as close as possible, Ecodus still walked out on top taking the set 3 - 2 and winning his second Montreal Mayhem.

1. Ecodus (Catwoman) [8 Points]
2. Hard_Goodbye (Catwoman) [5 Points]
3. ChuckyChuck (Nightwing) [2 Points]
4. T.Roll (Martian Manhunter, Harley Quinn) [1 Point]
5. PestoSwami (Catwoman, Aquaman)
5. Bacon (Wonder Woman)
7. Hatman (Shazam)
7. Gio

http://challonge.com/mm16igau

Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat was a 7 man bracket, we weren't able to get all of the Injustice players to move over to this game but, we did get the a small portion of the NLA crew to come out and play again, which is always great to have.

The first round didn't have too many shockers. Gio had to leave right as we started so, Chuck basically gets a bye. @IFEELYOURHATRED 's Cage took on Hatman's Shang in a nice set but, Hatman's lack of playing this game really showed as he got 2 - 0'd. And in the closest match of the first round Bacon and T.Roll went 2 - 1 as Bacon's Sindel took the first game but, T.Roll Cage was too much for him to keep out, putting Bacon in losers.

In the next round T.Roll continued his Cage dominance taking out @Wind Masta 's Kung Lao 2 - 0 and Chuck once again showing what his Baraka can do putting HATRED into losers with a 2 - 1.

Winners Finals was between T.Roll and Chuck, and while Chuck teased going to Sub-Zero, he stuck with Baraka. This plan didn't work well for him as T.Roll was able to 3 - 0 the Tarkatan.

After Hatman getting a bye from the absent Gio, he had to face Wind Masta's Kung Lao. Hatman did well in this set once again but, he wasn't able to pull out a victory as he wasn't able to deal with Lao's spins and teleports, allowing for Masta to take it 2 - 0. The other match of this round was Bacon facing off against another Cage in HATRED. This set went better for Bacon then the one with T.Roll as he was able to handle things better and take it 2 - 0.

Bacon and Wind Masta faced off, with the winner going to Loser's Finals. This match showed great patience from Bacon as Wind Masta's Kung Lao was all over the place, putting lot of pressure of him and making it hard for Bacon to do anything. However Bacon was able to slow it down and wait for a mistake to capitalize on it and take the set 2 - 0.

With Loser's Finals Bacon decided to try out his 2 hour old Kenshi against Chuck's Baraka. Despite things being 400x easier to play then Sindel, Bacon still got 3 - 0'd because he dropped more combos in this set then he has in all of Montreal Mayhem.

With Grand Finals set, Chuck once again bet on Baraka to take on T.Roll Cage. However things didn't work out well for him as he once again got 3 - 0'd, allowing for T.Roll to win his first ever weekly.

With this a new president was set. This was the week that T.Roll was the best MK player in Montreal. Was it all of his hard work and Cage knowledge that brought him here? Was it the fact that Bacon sucks, Chuck played Baraka and KRYS, Jer, Zef weren't there? Or maybe... Just maybe... It was bad booking?

Yeah... Something like that >.>

1. T.Roll (Cage) [7 Points]
2. ChuckyChuck (Baraka) [4 Points]
3. Bacon (Sindel, Kenshi) [1 Point]
4. NLA Wind Masta (Kung Lao)
5. NLA IFEELYOURHATRED (Cage)
5. Hatman (Shang)
7. Gio

Totals
Injustice Totals:
KRYS [31 Points]
Ecodus [31 Points]
ChuckyChuck [13 Points]
Hard_Goodbye [5 Points]
Bacon [5 Point]
DarkBloom [2 Point]
T.Roll [2 Point]
Quantum [1 Point]

Mortal Kombat Totals:
ChuckyChuck [9 Points]
T.Roll [8 Point]
Jer [2 Points]
Bacon [1 Point]

Extra
Remember this happens every Sunday at the Foonzo Gaming Bar on 1245 Rue Drummond usually starting around 5:30 to 6 PM. We now have a stream at http://www.twitch.tv/montreal_mayhem so if you have time to check us out on Sunday please do! Additionally, if you're in the Montreal area, might as well drop by and help grow this local NRS community. Oh and also check out our facebook page, it might be a good way to keep track of us when we start getting more things rolling.

@RM GamerBlake or @CrimsonShadow

Last edited:

IFEELYOURHATRED

Dirt Conjurer
I dont get a mention for beating Chucky's Baraka and making him go Cage mirror to win our set??!! @Chuckychuck still salty I lost to that last hit xray almost a week later!! lol oh well, ggs to Chuck and @CanadianBaconX and congrats to @T.roll, I told you man!! I told you!! lol anyways I'm gona get back into the lab and cook up some revenge lol

Pest0Swami

MTL's Worst Player.
Good games everyone!

@CanadianBaconX I think that @Chuckychuck took me out 3-0, not 3-2. He had his revenge game face the entire time. Though I will take those two W's if you want me to have them :)

Seriously, if anyone has connection to XBL and wants to play sets I really need to not lose every game I play.

EDIT: Also I was Catwoman/Aquaman!