What's new

MONDAY NIGHT WARS: New Weekly MKX Tournament in Nanuet, NY

Are you ready to level up?

• Total voters

KamenRyder

The loved
So I take it more people are going to be at this thing than the facebook event currently details. This will be my 1st ever weekly. Can't wait to get some real offline experience.

JRosa21

Noob
It is with incredible regret that I inform everyone that we have decided to cancel this event. The owners of the venue were trying to switch our agreement last minute, attempting to take advantage of the organizers and players. We originally agreed on a 'no venue' policy similar to what the break offers, but the greed of the owners caused turmoil and much dispute. In the end, we made the call to cancel the event rather than charge a venue to a place that offered nothing in return (no free games, no stations provided for casuals, nothing). I am truly sorry to those who were excited for this event, and I am sorry for wasting your time. I tried to make this event for the players, and had all of our interests in mind. A ten dollar venue was not fair to any of us, so I decided to part ways. I hope you guys can forgive me for wasting your time, and I am truly sorry. I will work diligently with @DarthArma and @Decay to find a suitable replacement. Once again I truly apologize and I am sorry for everything. Feel free to give feedback on the situation for me to keep in mind in the future. -Joshua

Last edited:

JRosa21

Noob
Was a $10 venue fee all they were willing to agree on? This sucks.It was so conveniently close to me.
They were being very confrontational and not open to any sort of negotiation which is very unprofessional ESPECIALLY since we had already agreed on the format. Only when we threatened to cancel did they start to negotiate but the relationship had soured due to the constant disrespect.

KamenRyder

The loved
About the setups, how does that usually work at The Break? Does the arcade provide consoles and TVs or is it a team effort where some guys bring in their own consoles and stuff? Is there no possibility of revisiting this arcade for a renegotiation or are all bridges pretty much burned?

Well shit. This was by far the closest venue to me. The other weekly tournaments are well over 2 hours away. Huge hype killer, here.

JRosa21

Noob
About the setups, how does that usually work at The Break? Does the arcade provide consoles and TVs or is it a team effort where some guys bring in their own consoles and stuff? Is there no possibility of revisiting this arcade for a renegotiation or are all bridges pretty much burned?
Similar to the break, we were bringing our own setups and equipment. In regards to renegotiation, they were very rude and flipped the switch on us. I don't think anyone wants to deal with owners like that. I guess their endeavors haven't been too successful of late and they decided to take that out on us. It isn't fair to anyone really.

JRosa21

Noob
Well shit. This was by far the closest venue to me. The other weekly tournaments are well over 2 hours away. Huge hype killer, here.
I apologize. I wish it wasn't this way but would you guys have been willing to pay 10 venue just to compete? I felt like that was just a slap in the face to us after we agreed on the no venue rule.

KamenRyder

The loved
I apologize. I wish it wasn't this way but would you guys have been willing to pay 10 venue just to compete? I felt like that was just a slap in the face to us after we agreed on the no venue rule.
Well I can't speak for everyone, but I personally would not be too crossed with paying a venue fee. The Nanuet Arcade is pretty new only having caught wind of it this last November. I'd love for the place to grow and afford better accommodations and upkeep maintenance. A small venue fee for a seemingly awesome weekly would be a price I'd gladly pay to see a new arcade in my town flourish, but again that's just me. The Hitbox Arena in Kenelon charges a venue fee for all their FG related weeklies and bi-weeklies and everyone just kinda goes with it and has a great time and that place is like the size of a walk in closet.

I'm really sorry you had to deal with such disrespect and I hope you only caught the owners on a bad day because when I spoke to them they seemed like really cool dudes. They walked up on me and a group playing on the Ultra SF4 cab and asked us what we'd like to see more of. I offhandedly mentioned more anime fighters would be cool and sure enough the following week they had Blazblue set up on 2 different cabs. I really hope that you'll come back and give this venue another chance. You'd be doing alot of good to the Rockland NRS fans looking to get into the offline fun.

KamenRyder

The loved
Oh and I totally agree with their whole bait and switch on the venue fee being shady. They really shouldn't have done that since that seemed very cash grabby after they realized the attendance would be substantial. Maybe if they could have skipped on the venue fee this one time then institute it after, I dunno. I'm just an online scrub so I'm not really knowledgeable on the TO struggle.

Last edited:
I absolutely would've been happy to pay a $10 venue fee. Money is not an issue for me. But I work 60-70 hours a week and need something relatively nearby on a Monday or Tuesday. This was perfect. And only about 50min away. It's alright though, I understand where you're coming from. The business just lost a LOT of potential revenue for being pig-headed.

KamenRyder

The loved
I absolutely would've been happy to pay a $10 venue fee. Money is not an issue for me. But I work 60-70 hours a week and need something relatively nearby on a Monday or Tuesday. This was perfect. And only about 50min away. It's alright though, I understand where you're coming from. The business just lost a LOT of potential revenue for being pig-headed.
Well I hope both parties can come to a mutual understanding at some point. This is such a waste of a great opportunity!

JRosa21

Noob
Yeah I know. I'm truly disappointed that this transpired. I definitely won't be working with them in the near future, but perhaps over time if they decide to be fair, we can talk.