What's new

MLG Ohio Mk9 Tournament $5,000

I have it on good authority that they will be having a "dark tournament" at MLG Ohio. I am waiting on the confirmation on this so we can send PR Balrog to it.

I believe they are testing the waters on this and in hopes of bringing a fighting game to the MLG for the following season. As they did with Tekken and Street Fighter 4.

Many hardcore MK players should be thrilled about this and some may not like the idea of MLG hosting MK9. However, I feel that this is one of those perfect opportunities that MK and FGC have been waiting for when it comes of having a fighting game part of the MLG circuit. Tekken did its best to make that happen but the lack of support and followers for the game and within its own community; it was failure from day one.

I think the MK community has a bigger base, more support and competitors who are hungry. So it’s about time that we showed the MLG community what we are about.

The moment I get the confirmation, I will post everything about it. Keep your fingers crossed guys!

Yeah I think this can be huge. So those who live in or near Ohio, once its confirmed, you all should go and support it. I for one support this 110%!

Jandek

Noob
as a Tekken player that went to two of these before they totally abandoned the game this does not really make me excited

MLG is cool for a bit of spotlight, but hinders community tournaments in the long run sometimes

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wasn't T6 already dying off by the time it was picked up? I don't know much about it, but I do know it pretty much didn't last very long in the US.

I not too sure either if the game itself was out for a bit and then MLG picked it up. However, I feel it doesn’t matter how new or old the game is. As long it has the support from all areas: competitors, community, fans and the company who made the game.

First and foremost the community has to support the game 100% if not, it won’t go anywhere and that’s what happened with Tekken I am afraid.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I actually just looked it up...MLG picked up Tekken around March 2010, about 5 months after release. I think by then, T6 in America was losing steam.

But yes, Hyena, that is definitely true.

I am still waiting for the confirmation and at the same time I'm a bit disappointed. The person who told me about the event works for MLG, so hence the source is reliable (one would think) anyway, that person came to me and wanting to have DMG there. In which I have no issues what so ever, but I have been sending messages to this person to get more info or a confirmation but with no reply.

Granted I know people are busy, but when you are online and I message you while YOU are online, all it takes is 5 mins to give a simple yes, no or dont know yet answer. I would hate to buy my player their plane ticket for the tournament not to happen.

For those who dont know who I am, I will tell you this about me; if you send me an email or a message, I will reply to you asap.

Sorry went off there for a bit. lol

ok cool. I found out that Mk9 in Ohio is a bust. They denied the event because it was too short notice. However they are planning another one. As soon as I know where and when, I will let you guys know asap.