What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm quite frustrated with the Cassie nerf.

To clarify, it causes a hard knockdown always now, so basically you can't use it in any combos. I would have been ok with a damage reduction, but this basically means that very corner combo no longer works :(

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
THERE'S A BLANCHE BRUTALITY IN THE GAME NOW!!! I JUST DID IT IN BRUTALITY KOMBAT!!! YOU THROW HER, AND IT MAKES THE OPPONENT EXPLODE!!
Whaaaaat... Pics or it didn't happen! :DOGE

Awesome if true! I hope they add more stage Brutalities.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Too much recovery on the clone cancel. In some mud he has to block it or he gets hit.

All you idiots with the "no biggie, changes nothing"... Actually get good with the character before you talk.
Lol calm down Tom. I know you gotta be salty now but we're just trying to imagine how it is going to be because we don't have the patch yet.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Clone going away on block means that some characters get a blocked jump in punch into pressure or a 50/50 after certain clone cancels. Normally the jump in would be blocked and the clone freezes them, not anymore. It's a BIG nerf because some characters will get free 50/50 attempts and will never need to use bar. This also allows them to save meter for combos, to get up, or breaker.

Sub gets a BIG nerf and Quan Chi gets a ONE second cool down on bat so he is literally the same.

In this community crying gets better results then learning.
if you could have blocked this theoretical jumpin it also means you could have backdashed it and kicked them back into the clone, or taken some damage and used db1x and knocked them back into the clone and depending on height gotten a juggle combo probly long enough to to drop another clone. but plz continue to flip the fuck out about some text and not actually playing things out.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I'm quite frustrated with the Cassie nerf.

To clarify, it causes a hard knockdown always now, so basically you can't use it in any combos. I would have been ok with a damage reduction, but this basically means that very corner combo no longer works :(
Yeah it was far too much, simply ridiculous

Too much recovery on the clone cancel. In some mud he has to block it or he gets hit.

All you idiots with the "no biggie, changes nothing"... Actually get good with the character before you talk.
I didnt think sub zero deserved a nerf because there were ways to deal with it already.

But honestly if youre worried about a blocked jump in breaking the clone, just back dash and let them land on it.

Not to mention some characters can jip can get blocked and break it before they touch it, right? All that says to me is that sub zero cant use the same thing against everyone and actually has to do different things in different matchups. OH NO!

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
@Tom Brady For us non-SZ GM players, can you post a vid or clarify on the Ice Clone nerf? Cause if he's playing aggressive and using the clone as a shield, I don't understand the nerf. If you could clarify that would be dope

Sooo many people talking about what Kenshi needs lol. One person literally sparked the entire community asking for buffs for one guys character. Half the people talking about Kenshi probably could care less about him.
I care. I want to play kenshi but he's just so bad right now.

NKZero

Noob
Can anyone tell me how all of this affects Necromancer Shinnok? That's the only variation I have interest in using.

Also thanks NRS for nerfing Grandmaster Sub Zero. Can't bear to see him on the same level or better than Scorpion, eh?

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
The Sub Zero Grandmaster nerf is bittersweet for me. Sucks that his core tool was gimped but I'm happy that the variation no longer overshadows Cryomancer. Cryomancer buff by relativity FTW!

if you could have blocked this theoretical jumpin it also means you could have backdashed it and kicked them back into the clone, or taken some damage and used db1x and knocked them back into the clone and depending on height gotten a juggle combo probly long enough to to drop another clone. but plz continue to flip the fuck out about some text and not actually playing things out.
Dont be an idiot...

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
My question is -- how do you know that this has anything to do with crying? I feel like people don't give Paulo any credit as a game designer.

He has two eyes, works on the game every day, spends late hours at the studio, watches all streams, and has been working in the business for years. Does everyone really think that he just sits at his desk, doesn't play or watch the game, and just reads Twitter to determine his game adjustments?
They may not be balance changes and just changes to the game to make it work as originally intended. But that still implies that for 3 straight games they could not get their game to work as intended by release date and that they are OK with releasing games that have not met their intended goals. That does not say much about there QA. Either way its a bad look.

Lets not get distracted by these things and let us just play the game.

Lol... Ok, you got me there as I am completely flipping out in theory. I'll mess with it tonight.

Last edited: