What's new

MKX Netplay - What Can NRS Add To Improve Online Functionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
What they need is a built in tournament framework. Something where we can set up and advertise player run tourneys as well as NRS hosted, official events. People flock to competition in droves. Casuals don't want to drive 100 miles to a tourney just to get bodied by PL or that Pig guy or the other handful of pros who basically will win every event so why bother?

They need an online competetive scene that attracts all types and skill levels. Devs like microtransactions? How bout tourney entry tickets for bigger events? I can't even imagine the twitch exposure even small events would attract. Would be huge.

aj1701

Noob
Uhm I never hinted at anything of the sort and specifically stated I have no I idea how NRS allocates their resources.
Ya you did "NRS's resources are but in my opinon some of them should be focused on making its netcode on par with its competitors.". Or do you really think there are zero resources working on netcode? I take this meaning they should put more on netcode and less on something else. not really sure what else you'd be getting at here...

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Ya you did "NRS's resources are but in my opinon some of them should be focused on making its netcode on par with its competitors.". Or do you really think there are zero resources working on netcode? I take this meaning they should put more on netcode and less on something else. not really sure what else you'd be getting at here...
I never said anything about taking other people from their jobs to work on netcode. Yes I did say say put more resources on netcode meaning taking money and hiring more people. I still don't understand what you are trying to get at? Saying "I take this meaning" is you putting words in my mouth.

This will go in circles so you can take it however you want I am done.

aj1701

Noob
I never said anything about taking other people from their jobs to work on netcode. Yes I did say say put more resources on netcode meaning taking money and hiring more people. I still don't understand what you are trying to get at? Saying "I take this meaning" is you putting words in my mouth.

This will go in circles so you can take it however you want I am done.
Maybe you should be more clear when you post. Anyway there's a law of diminishing returns here. Can't just add more chefs to the kitchen so the dinner comes out faster. FYI, I work in software development and 99% of the time "add more resources" means shuffling around existing people between, not hiring new people which is expensive. I doubt having more than three devs on netcode would help, I'd probably hurt.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Maybe you should be more clear when you post. Anyway there's a law of diminishing returns here. Can't just add more chefs to the kitchen so the dinner comes out faster. FYI, I work in software development and 99% of the time "add more resources" means shuffling around existing people between, not hiring new people which is expensive. I doubt having more than three devs on netcode would help, I'd probably hurt.
Yeah man I'll get right on it just for you!! Also thank you for your expert opinion on resource allocation and management.:DOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.