What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao MKX Kung Lao All variations BnB Guide

Hobbez

Noob
Hey all, just started learning kung Lao yesterday and I found a super simple 40% meterless for tempest in the corner:

b321 xx db1, b321 xx df1, ji4 xx d4, grab.(40%)

Also have in the corner:

44, b32 xx db1, b32 xx df1, jik4 xx d4 grab(38%? Not on to double check atm)

Hi again ..

Well, this time its 55% :
4 xx hat spin 44 run b321 xx spin b321 xx EX spin Njp j3 xx d4 Throw = 55%

Wts even better about this one is that ( 4 into hat spin ) is a true block string !

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I didn't see this in the OP, but in tempest I can do:

starter~hat spin, b12 tornado / EX tornado as a starter. its easy to land the b12 tornado. you could actually use b321 after starter~hatspin, but it would be a just frame.

Meterless:

B12 hat spin, b12 tornado, njp, jk dk, f14: 32% meterless

F23 hat spin, b12 tornado, njp, jk dk f14: 33% meterless

B2 hat spin, b12 tornado, njp, jk dk, f14: 31% meterless

1 bar:

B12 hat spin, b12 ex tornado, b321 tornado, jk dk, 21 38%, F14 ender is 39%

f23 hat spin, b12 ex tornado, b321 tornado, jk dk, 21 39%. F14 ender is 40%

B2 hat spin, b12 ex tornado, njp, jk dk, 21 / f14 38% / 39%

Last edited:

Uncooked

Noob
Anybody have tips on how to land Ex Spin, NJP, Jk-Dk, 21 consistently for buzzsaw? Seems like the timing is really finicky.

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

GT = SIR JAY LEGEND add me on XBL for matches
I'm having trouble timing the jk-dk after th njp. It's about 50/50 whether or not I'll land close enough after the dk to be able to land the 21 ender.
You have to jump forward to land the jump kick > dive kick if you NJ you will end the combo.

What you actually need to do is NJump 2 ~ forward Jump 3 ~ Down 4. The timing isn't strict either

Train

Noob
You have to jump forward to land the jump kick > dive kick if you NJ you will end the combo.

What you actually need to do is NJump 2 ~ forward Jump 3 ~ Down 4. The timing isn't strict either
I am doing NJump 2 ~ forward Jump 4 ~ Down 4 , but I guess it's the same

Also, I have problem with connecting 21 at the end of the combo... looks like u need to run after DK ?
so combo would be like this: Ex Spin, NJP, Jk-Dk, run 21 ? Is this correct? Cuz front page combo has no run ?

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

I am doing NJump 2 ~ forward Jump 4 ~ Down 4 , but I guess it's the same

Also, I have problem with connecting 21 at the end of the combo... looks like u need to run after DK ?
so combo would be like this: Ex Spin, NJP, Jk-Dk, run 21 ? Is this correct? Cuz front page combo has no run ?
No need for the run your just timing the 21 wrong.

Honestly try F1,4 it's a more damaging ended and it keeps them close if that's what you want.

Train

Noob
No need for the run your just timing the 21 wrong.
well , my target is way to far after the DK..and there is no way I can connect 21 or F14 at the end... can u give me some tips how to time this properly ? cuz I am not even lose to connect 21

@A F0xy Grampa is doing run after the DK... I was just watching his videos

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

well , my target is way to far after the DK..and there is no way I can connect 21 or F14 at the end... can u give me some tips how to time this properly ? cuz I am not even lose to connect 21

@A F0xy Grampa is doing run after the DK... I was just watching his videos

Just tried your combo and I got it first time it's 8 hits 24% off ex spin.

Basically don't wait until the top of your jump to do the forward jump kick dive kick. You have to do that but really fast. Then the 21 will connect.

It's much easier to connect F2 > spin off that specific combo rather than the 2,1 though. It's the same amount of damage and sends the opponent away just like the 21.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i got a good meterless bnb that you can convert off of a b321. tell me what you think.

b321~hatspin, run cancel-B32-Spin, Jk-dk, 21. 36% and gives you a free hat.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Jip44 run b321 X-ray. If memory serves its 50%. Probably not practical for tempest but can win a game with the other 2 for a clutch comeback/ win.

Also was looking into njp jf2 ex tele mb grab. Might be able to get a lot of damage but haven't spent a lot of time on it yet. I'm having trouble getting ex tele out of the jf 2 consistently

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

Jip44 run b321 X-ray. If memory serves its 50%. Probably not practical for tempest but can win a game with the other 2 for a clutch comeback/ win.

Also was looking into njp jf2 ex tele mb grab. Might be able to get a lot of damage but haven't spent a lot of time on it yet. I'm having trouble getting ex tele out of the jf 2 consistently
How are you inputting the EX Tele after the Fj2. What I find works for me is.

FJ2 ~ Down ~ RT (hold) ~up.

Try that and see it fit get it more consistently because that works for me.

Byites

Wilson
A tempest only combo.

48% no meter

I can also do aroun 39-41% no meter all variations in the corner

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
One that I use is F2,3, hatspin, F2,3, spin, B3,2,1, EX hatspin, Njp, jik, divekick, f2,1, hat toss. I think it does 42% though the ender doesn't always hit like it should.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
I don't main kung lao, but i've been experimenting with him recently. And I found a good corner combo for tempest. 44, 4~hat orbit, 4~hat spin, njp, jik~dive kick, 21 =42% corner meterless, medium execution combo :) ps - Hi kung lao players ^_^