What's new

MKX in New England

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
Loved MK9, did not love Injustice, but as a big fan of the MK franchise I expect I will want to learn at least a character or two at a higher level. Online play in MK9 was a fun time-waster but in general was a shitshow intended for only the most twisted sadomasochists.

So yeah, offline play. I have an apartment in Manchester, New Hampshire that's quick to get to off 93. I've got one really nice ASUS monitor, one pretty nice Samsung monitor, a 32" LCD TV, and a PS4. If you are 21, I almost always have fresh American ales kegged and on tap. If you have smoking-related habits you are free to indulge outdoors. All ages welcome. Walking distance to dirt cheap pizza/subs, Dominos, and 711, 5 minute drive to Elm St with endless restaurants and bars, 5-10 minute drive to any fast food you can imagine, if that's what you're feeling like.

The idea is to get offline experience against other MK enthusiasts, help each other improve, and mostly just have fun. You don't need to be everyone's buddy, but you will show utmost respect for everyone present.

Guys like Deftonesrc, crosstalk, and Stranger can confirm I am a normal guy. I'm 28 and work as a chemical engineer in R&D here in Manchester.

Anyone think they might be down for some sessions in the future?

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Likewise:

Newport, Rhode Island
Plent of food near my house. I always have quality brews in my fridge (sorry bud light drinkers). I've a full house with plenty of room for everyone. I only lack the monitor because I don't like playing on a 17in screen haha.

Offer is out there from me as well

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I am able to get to New Hampshire and pretty much any place in Mass. The limiting factor being my exhausting work schedule. What times would you primarily expect to hold gatherings, if you don't mind me asking?

Likewise:

Newport, Rhode Island
Plent of food near my house. I always have quality brews in my fridge (sorry bud light drinkers). I've a full house with plenty of room for everyone. I only lack the monitor because I don't like playing on a 17in screen haha.

Offer is out there from me as well
New Port is even closer to me. There's a New England PM that a bunch of us partake in. You are welcome as long as you aren't a Yankees fan...

Dramatica

I guess I envisioned weekends, but I have a short commute and could easily have people over after 5 PM any night of the week. Cheers buddy

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I envisioned weekends as well. My schedule is fairly relaxed (M-F 8A-4P) save for travel events.

So yeah, I can do those easily. Weekdays are a bit tricky, but not out of the question. Driving time would cut into playing time here, so that's the real problem.

@Dramatica, why don't we plan on doing the weekend of release? I'll get some decent beers lined up and you can bust out a homebrew =) Anyone else who is willing to do this can come as well.

Would you prefer your place or mine? I live in a 2000 Sqft house now with plenty of parking, so space is no longer an issue. I'm more than willing to host as i'm sure you are. I figure we can partition the hosting duties.

Dramatica

Yeah I could bring my monitors and we could play there. A house would be nice. I'm out for release weekend though, need to take some time to marinate on the game