What's new

mkx for ps4 and xbox1 is not the same game

i have the game for both and there is some things which are not the same for xbox and ps4. for example reptile 's db2 hitting overhead in the ps4 and hitting mid on the xbox one. i know that some of the frame data is wrong but in the ps4 we have different frame data numbers as well. a 6 frame d1 in xbox say 7 frames in the ps4.

am i playing an old version for one of my systems or something? what is the last version for the game ? when i go in setting under gameplay what version of the game should i see there?

Tim Static

Adminerator
i have the game for both and there is some things which are not the same for xbox and ps4. for example reptile 's db2 hitting overhead in the ps4 and hitting mid on the xbox one. i know that some of the frame data is wrong but in the ps4 we have different frame data numbers as well. a 6 frame d1 in xbox say 7 frames in the ps4.

am i playing an old version for one of my systems or something? what is the last version for the game ? when i go in setting under gameplay what version of the game should i see there?
Not sure exactly which version is latest, but PS4 got a patch around 4/21 and XBL got it on 4/30 or something.

nodq

wicked
on PC db2 also hits mid for reptile. Todays patch not installed, the took it back because of save game problems. would be great if its a overhead instead of mid. but i find it really annoying that not all versions are the same espcially on something like taht which totally changes playstyles and so on.

And who is right now? You or him? I don't own ps4 mkx, only pc. :(
he is... i search for an updated and there was one which i most have miss. reptile db2 hits mid on ps4 now.

i am not 100% sure and i am at work right now and i can't check... can any one check if Johnny cage's 11 hit kung jin mid on xboxone after the first 1 because in the ps4 it does not

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Did the Horror pack/Jason come with an updated game patch yesterday?

When I opened up MKX on ps4 I had to download a 3+ gb update... ????,...???

The biggest difference for me is the skill level. It's crazy how casual the PS4 players are compared to the XB1 players. Most people on XB1 that I get matched up with are competitive.

Hello,

Was curious if anyone ever tested playing on the same monitor, all the same settings (stage, character, move, etc.) to measure the input difference/lag between PS4 and Xbox One.

When I switch between the consoles I can feel a slight difference and I'm not totally sure what it is. Or if anyone knows how to test it, I have the game on both consoles, so I'd be happy to do so assuming it doesn't require any special equipment.

Thanks!

CODE7747

Noob
i have it on both as well and both are hooked up to two of the same monitors , the only difference i can tell is that the ps4 looks and feels smoother than the xbox version, that may be what it is, at least for me

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Yeah I've noticed as well and think the PS4 version just feels better and smoother as mentioned before.

I've played on all 3 versions and I can only tell the difference if I'm playing Johnny Cage or Tanya. The only two times something feels off. The PS4 does feel smoother, PC being smoothest, Xbox still smooth but tighter links I always drop. Although I won't rule out that it's the Xbox one pad and me not being used to it as the problem.

Interesting--yeah, I don't think it's the 2ms difference, don't think I could tell that. Well thanks for the responses all--the difference is really small and it only takes a few minutes to get used to, but was curious if anyone else noticed anything.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
There is 2ms difference between the two because mkx for ps4 is 1080p and mkx for xbone is 900p.
Can't you change the resolution? i have both of mine set to 720p cause i thought it was tourney standard. I could be an idiot though.

I cant tell. PS4 feels better for me, but i use cronus on XB1 and I know it causes 1ms lag.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
@STB Shujinkydink : 720p was for 360 & ps3, most fg's were developed in native 720p - 1080p on those consoles was upscaled and could cause a bit more lag.

For more detailed input lag stats (last & current gen):
http://www.displaylag.com/video-game-input-lag-database/

Seems like the XBone version has better values (tiny, tiny bit, 2ms-0,002sec), although it is only input delay that is measured. It doesn't say which version has the most stable fraps.

Numbers aside, I really like playing on the Ps4 (fluid gameplay, better online, better & faster controller - in my opinion that is). Only thing that bothers me is the outdated 2.4Ghz Bluetooth for Ps4 controllers, a lot of devices use this frequency (cluttered band is asking for trouble). Multiple, working controllers signed to a system have been reported to cause an increase in input lag. (my laptops wifi randomly disconnects if I turn on my Ps4, lol, my Ps4 uses an Ethernet cable btw :) )

Controller board lag tests:
http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

Levaranoia

War God
@STB Shujinkydink : 720p was for 360 & ps3, most fg's were developed in native 720p - 1080p on those consoles was upscaled and could cause a bit more lag.

For more detailed input lag stats (last & current gen):
http://www.displaylag.com/video-game-input-lag-database/

Seems like the XBone version has better values (tiny, tiny bit, 2ms-0,002sec), although it is only input delay that is measured. It doesn't say which version has the most stable fraps.

Numbers aside, I really like playing on the Ps4 (fluid gameplay, better online, better & faster controller - in my opinion that is). Only thing that bothers me is the outdated 2.4Ghz Bluetooth for Ps4 controllers, a lot of devices use this frequency (cluttered band is asking for trouble). Multiple, working controllers signed to a system have been reported to cause an increase in input lag. (my laptops wifi randomly disconnects if I turn on my Ps4, lol, my Ps4 uses an Ethernet cable btw :) )

Controller board lag tests:
http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html
I've never had an issue with bluetooth effecting the wifi on my laptop. Perhaps your wifi is what is screwed up? But I do wish that Sony was using the latest version of bluetooth instead of the seriously outdated 2.xx they used for the ps3.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
I've never had an issue with bluetooth effecting the wifi on my laptop. Perhaps your wifi is what is screwed up? But I do wish that Sony was using the latest version of bluetooth instead of the seriously outdated 2.xx they used for the ps3.
It only happens when I turn on my Ps4 (my wifi also uses 2.4Ghz atm)... If you search the internet you'll find similar complaints (interference by baby cams/ microwaves, bad connection, etc...), it would be nice if Sony would let us choose the channel on which the controller operates.
I'm still waiting for my 5.2Ghz modem as it will fix most of my Wifi problems, I only have one Ethernet plug in my room and need it for gaming :) .
Also found out that adjusting the Bluetooth antenna inside the Ps4 can work wonders, voids the warranty though.