What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Maybe I'll actually be able to break with Goro now. Instead of spending 2 precious bars just to have Kung Lao run right the fuck back in my face.

On the other hand this might make Tanya even better, teleport doesn't cost stamina right?

I think max range it doesn't work regardless right?
I've only been playing offline vs ai with 2 slow laggy online fights for just under 2 months now and am now starting to get consistently smooth with Sub-Zero but I've never had a Blocked Iceball on B33 Iceball Vs Females like that, only Males. I play high pressure first with zoning only if needed though maybe I need to pay a bit more attention to range.

New breaker is putting both fully at neutral, while not limiting ONLY THE BREAKER with the inability to back dash, use interactables and or run/cancel, I mean they are spending two bars ya kno! Now rushdown characters cant have an advantage on getting in easier again while non rushdowns who break can now have equal (or lack of) options during the reapproach. Rushdown can still forward dash and the time penalty from what people are saying is lessened. All in all I like the change.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Right, these are just your first impressions, I get that. If the Quan player is full screen and you both have no stamina, you will not even get the opportunity to combo him before your stamina replenishes, so you don't need to worry about doing no damage anymore than you normally would from full screen, especially vs such a strong zoning character. Of course, Summoner needs to be significantly nerfed anyways. It's true that you would have the disadvantage in such a scenario, but that would just mean that Jacqui would need to be balanced with that fact in mind. It doesn't mean that this change is a bad idea, because I think I've given enough reasons why it's most likely a great change. And many characters in the game need plenty of stamina for combos or some aspect of their offense like run cancels or teleports that require stamina.
I hear Ya, just think it was a little much to fully drain a stamina bar of the person who initiated offense. As a SG Jacqui player I'll be penalized in some MUs any time there's a break being that she gets zoned hard and has one of the hardest times getting inside. Meanwhile there are other characters who will benefit. Not really feeling that at all but I'll adjust.

DT Tundra

Steam Name:Tundra_Arctos Twitter: @tundraarctos
Block breakers still in and still cost stamina and 2 bars. Input feels good but I'm having people (non scorpions) teleport around everywhere

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yeah it's 15f.

If all of what is in this beta is legit though, Ninjutsu is in a good place but I'm not happy about Hellfire. Allegedly 214 has it's old cancel advantage back but now 214 has a legit gap. If that's true then the reversion was pointless IMO and may actually be worse than the post-June 214 metagame. We'll wait and see.
Wait like a gap in the string?

Status
Not open for further replies.