What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
What? It's Lt Shaun Shamrock, he's said this like three times now lol. Need to keep up to date with the thread ;)

I'd assume so, don't see why not. But I can't find it...
Yea but Lt Shaun Shamrock couldve ended up turning into Tremor (but this was shot down by Shawn K.) ...

But I did get some info from him just now that this Lt Shamrock in question is a made up character based off the writers friend. (unless thats old news too lol)

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
So I dont know about you guys but I started to get a hunch that the Diesel Red Head dude in the comics might end up being TREMOR (somehow)...

But Kittelsen konfirmed my hunch was false.... So , Ill post his response to me here just in case any of you were thinking what I was thinking.

Um, its clearly Abraham from Walking dead...

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yea but Lt Shaun Shamrock couldve ended up turning into Tremor (but this was shot down by Shawn K.) ...

But I did get some info from him just now that this Lt Shamrock in question is a made up character based off the writers friend. (unless thats old news too lol)
Dude, that doesn't even make any sense. Lt Shaun Shamrock is Special Forces, Tremor is Black Dragon.

The thing about the characters being based off of his friends is new though, that's cool :)

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Dude, that doesn't even make any sense. Lt Shaun Shamrock is Special Forces, Tremor is Black Dragon.

The thing about the characters being based off of his friends is new though, that's cool :)
people switch sides dawg.... Wait til D'Vorah flips the script on Kotal :eek:

So i came to think about Inferno Scorpion since NRS said that each variation is related to some point in History, i started to think how cronological Scorpion would place in History and this is what i came up with:

Ninjustu will be the time where Scorpion works under Quan Chi and Shinnok as we saw in the chapter one of MKX he is still using his MK9 costume, but what about Hellfire and Inferno?

I imagine Hellfire will be the point in history where Scorpion's Humanity is restored, he is able to access that power trough summoning hellfire, but at some time towards assuming Quan Chi doesn't die in the Netherrealm war, Scorpion might actually Kill him and become the new king of netherrealhm, by doing so i think Scorpion's Skull from inferno variation might be from the former king of the netherrealm and now he uses to control the hell himself which is why now he has demons helping him, is just a though but that is what i think, or the timeline on a different order i mean:

Ninjutsu - Works under Quan Chi and Shinnok
Inferno - King of Netherrealm (After Death of Quan Chi)
Hellfire - Humanity Restored.

What do you guys think?
First thing I thought when I so Scorpion's inferno variation is that that skull was Quan Chi's))) I had even started to think Quan Chi wouldn't be playable back then, before he was revealed)

Youphemism

Tweets anyone?

With Jade's death in MK9 her soul was given to Quan Chi. Will she appear as one of his revenants?

With the reveal of the characters in the Kombat Pack we found out that our two MK characters would be Tanya and Tremor. Will either Tanya or Tremor appear in the comics?

But with this next tweet and the tweet about the possibility of Tanya being in from before...it seems like Tremor is going to appear in the comics!

We know that the Kamidogu were used to lock Shinnok within his Amulet, but are they just for keeping him locked in? Could they unlock him too?

Youphemism

So I decided to have a look at the summaries for the next couple of digital chapters and print issues and got interested by their descriptions... (spoilered below)
MORTAL KOMBAT X CHAPTER #13 SUMMARY:
Scorpion and Takeda track down the missing Kamidogu dagger and the man who stole it--Sub-Zero!

MORTAL KOMBAT X CHAPTER #14 SUMMARY:
Scorpion squares off against Sub-Zero in the epic fight you've been waiting for! Meanwhile, the Shokan army makes their move on Kotal Kahn!
MORTAL KOMBAT X PRINT ISSUE 5 SUMMARY(Chapters 13-15):
Scorpion and Takeda’s search for Sub-Zero leads them to find an entire city that’s been frozen solid! Meanwhile, Sonya and Johnny’s quest to rescue their daughter is interrupted by the Outworld Civil War – and a Shokan uprising led by Kintaro!

MORTAL KOMBAT X PRINT ISSUE 6 SUMMARY(Chapters 16-18):

After last issue’s shocking conclusion, Sub-Zero reflects on the path that brought him face-to-face with Scorpion. Meanwhile, Reptile, Kotal Kahn and D’Vorah must stand their ground against the onslaught of King Gorbak and his Shokan army!
Thoughts:
I wonder what the Outworld Civil War will cover :O

I think Scorpion kills Sub Zero, releasing him from the grasp of the Kamidogu. Either that or he does what he did to Raiden, either way Sub Zero gets released from the demon of the blood magik I think but he keeps the scar on his right eye leading to his primary in the game.

Suddenly the uprising led by Kintaro turns into an onslaught by King Gorbak and the Shokan? Will Kintaro die?

Side note: Tweets incoming!

Youphemism

Check thinks that Havik is the skull we see in the chest of Quan Chi's costume. Is he right?

Shawn's being awfully suspicious about his answer to this question about Shinnok being the final boss...

We know we will see Fujin again, but what will happen when we get to see him once more?

Will Kai appear in the comics?

What of Shujinko? He was out searching for the Kamidogu so how did the Elder Gods obtain them? Or, with this being a new timeline, has Shujinko's path been changed?

Youphemism

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS WE MIGHT KNOW WHO THE BIG BAD IS OMG OMG OMG WHAT IS LIFE RIGHT NOW. THE DEMON BEHIND THE BLOOD MAGIK

Havik! Havik is who corrupted the Kamidogu and is behind the blood magik! Could he be Big Bad? COULD HE BE THE UNLOCKABLE HOLY SHIT I MIGHT DIE *spins skull*

Aaaaaaaand with the inclusion of Daegon as leader of the Red Dragon in the comics, will we see Taven? Will his story have changed?

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS WE MIGHT KNOW WHO THE BIG BAD IS OMG OMG OMG WHAT IS LIFE RIGHT NOW. THE DEMON BEHIND THE BLOOD MAGIK

Havik! Havik is who corrupted the Kamidogu and is behind the blood magik! Could he be Big Bad? COULD HE BE THE UNLOCKABLE HOLY SHIT I MIGHT DIE *spins skull*
The only question is, does Havik really want Reiko to be a blood god, or is he just using him to collect the daggers?

Youphemism

The only question is,
does Havik really want Reiko to be a blood god, or is he just using him to collect the daggers?
Spoiler that! Just in case :)
I think
He's just using him to collect the daggers. If he corrupted the daggers with the blood magik then he must know how to control it so he'll probably use them himself.

Reactions: Zev

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Spoiler that! Just in case :)
I think
He's just using him to collect the daggers. If he corrupted the daggers with the blood magik then he must know how to control it so he'll probably use them himself.
OR, he's the herald of Chaos and wants Reiko to collect and use the daggers with a false premise because of the CHAOS that will unleash. You gotta keep in mind the Havik is one twisted SOB, and seems to care more about causing HAVIK than promoting his own ego.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I do not think Havik will be the final boss or a playable character. He's not the type to want to rule/take power. He merely wants chaos. I believe he's feeding reiko bullshit in order to unite the kamidogu, free shinnok and unleash the same level of chaos that there was during the netherrealm war, which he probably relished in.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
I do not think Havik will be the final boss or a playable character. He's not the type to want to rule/take power. He merely wants chaos. I believe he's feeding reiko bullshit in order to unite the kamidogu, free shinnok and unleash the same level of chaos that there was during the netherrealm war, which he probably relished in.
I think Havik will be an invasion boss, unplayable, personally.

im putting my money on reiko as the big bad. Just watched the system of a down trailer from ed's twatter. Onaga made an appearance, so maybe his soul will bind with either reiko or havik giving them even more god-like abilities.

MCPeePants

Bout it
im putting my money on reiko as the big bad. Just watched the system of a down trailer from ed's twatter. Onaga made an appearance, so maybe his soul will bind with either reiko or havik giving them even more god-like abilities.
It was actually stated by Kombat Tether that it was likely not Onaga. Rather it was a run of the mill Oni from Quan Chi's army.

Youphemism

OR, he's the herald of Chaos and wants Reiko to collect and use the daggers with a false premise because of the CHAOS that will unleash. You gotta keep in mind the Havik is one twisted SOB, and seems to care more about causing HAVIK than promoting his own ego.
Yeah that's true.
That's probably true, but I don't want it to be :(
I doubt it, I don't think he's developed enough as a character to be the big bad in this timeline. But I could be wrong. Oh and that thing from the SoaD trailer
isn't Onaga. The Kombat Tether said it's just a winged Oni :p